Celebration Day movie audiences young or old?

Hi;

Like most fans state here, I agree that the audience profile was of mix age group, from Teens to 50's and late 60's...

Today, few of the teens who watched The Film indicated to me that they could not believe the energy of the Legendary Rock Stars...happy to see more additional dates, as many have wanted to see this again, along with me....

...interesting to note that younger generation is naturally attracted to the timeless youth of Led Zeppelin, there are tribute bands in very remote countries, Led Zeppelin without doubt has a very special place in the heart of young, yesterday, today, and tomorrow....it is such a treat to witness beautiful idea of music flourish in my senior years...

I do wish that Celebration Day was shown, at least once, in every Major City of the World....

one comment raised in conversation is that in addition to age, the demographic seemed slightly more male than female

Hi Dallas. Definitely more male than female at both Universal Citywalk screenings that I attended...but not as overwhelmingly male as you might think. For one thing, many guys were there with dates. For another, the 18-and under crowd seemed evenly split between boys and girls. In fact, at the second night's screening, there were three high school girls sitting together in front of me.

Obviously this is not a scientific sampling, but from the responses so far it does seem that there were a wider range of ages, races and sexes at the U.S. screenings than elsewhere. British audiences seemed particularly older and predominantly male.

The Universal Citywalk audiences also benefited from the close proximity to Universal Studios, which was having the opening to its Universal Horror Nights the same week as the "Celebration Day" screenings. Along with the usual mob of tourists and teens that flock to the Universal Citywalk, you had an added influx of young people heading for the Horror Nights.

Since the Horror Nights sold out quickly, many people couldn't get in so a few probably decided to take in a movie while they were up on the hill, and I'm sure there must have been some that chose to see the Led Zeppelin movie when they saw it was showing.

In fact, originally only one 7:30 screening was scheduled, but that sold out so they had to add another theatre to handle the overflow. So there were two 7:30 screenings running at once. One theatre was about 300 seats, the other about 200. The 300-seater was sold out, and the added theatre nearly so...which meant there was close to 1,000 tickets sold for the two-night engagement.

A far cry from the reports of only 10 or 30 people in the theatre in some places. I think Los Angeles deserves more screenings. Hint...hint. ;)

I'd say the theater I saw it in, which was not even half full(!), was an audience of those in their mid-thirties. But their age didn't stop them from whipping out their cell phones to record the movie/blind me. (What the hell is the point of this? I'd assume pretty much everyone who attended the showings knew it was being released on DVD/Blu-Ray?)

Age is nothing but a number...I'm 45 but only as old as ya feel...

The crowd was about 30-40+ in Houston that night...Im not sayin to jump on the seat but guys it really is ok to clap etc..no need to be comatose!!! :zzz:

Meaning you can still be older and have fun in life..no need to act like a pulse isnt present...Cant count how many shows I've gone to last few years and people just sit there with a blank stare..just stay home and wait for the blu ray!!

At the 7:30 showing on Wednesday the 17th near New Orleans, the audience was way into their middle age. There were a few young people, one guy I know had his teenage son with him, but all in all, a significantly older crowd to my eyes. I wish their were more young people along for the ride. I don't like the thought that Zep is "old people's music".

one of the younger people (20-ish) at SMG on Spring Valley went to both showings on Thursday. He said,"this is the first movie I have ever been to where no one was texting during the movie."

He said that he and his date were wowed by the music yes- more the intangibles of stage presence, ability and power and the appearance of agelessness of the music and work stood out the most. No line dancers or back up singers. Wth ? Only the real deal- live. One shot.

Archived