Is it just me?......

joe (Liverpool)

I have just spent a couple of hours just reading through some older threads. I was surprised at how many criticisms ther are of Led Zeppelins music, if it's not favourite track/least favourite track, favourite/least favourite album. The list goes on why do people come on to Led Zeppelin appreciation website and then start threads about what people dislike about them.....MMMM it makes me wonder......

Wouldn't it be boring and disingenuous for discussions to be a complete love fest? Don't even the people you love most do things that you don't like?

I enjoy reading people's opinions. The personal attacks I can do without.

very well said jb126.......I'd like to see some of the rudeness vanish from this site. It fun to be apart of a good discussion/argument either as a participant or a reader, but there are some times where people cross the line around here in my eyes, but thank God for freedom of speech.....as for the songs, I can't stand D'yer mak'er, never have, never will. It is the only Zep tune that will make me change the channel on the radio......They should have sold or given that song away. Apart from that one they're all gold.

^^ I agree, it is my least favorite Led Zep song mostly due to the stupid lyrics and the insipid manner in which Mr. Plant sings them. To me the song feels unfinished, as though they recored using a guide vocal for pacing and then heard the playback and said, "hey, what the fuck, I am hungry so let's get some bangers and mash...what's that Eddie, oh the song, fuck it, put it in the can as is, it is 1972 after all and everyone is stoned anyway."

Wouldn't it be boring and disingenuous for discussions to be a complete love fest? Don't even the people you love most do things that you don't like?

:-)

:yesnod:

Actually I think D'Yer Mak'er makes a nice ringtone...

• 1 year later...

I have just spent a couple of hours just reading through some older threads. I was surprised at how many criticisms ther are of Led Zeppelins music, if it's not favourite track/least favourite track, favourite/least favourite album. The list goes on why do people come on to Led Zeppelin appreciation website and then start threads about what people dislike about them.....MMMM it makes me wonder......

I've read through a LOT of the old threads here, and I've wondered the same thing. Healthy and constructive criticism/debate is fine with me, but some people aren't even genuine Zep fans. It's annoying. Why are they here?

I've read through a LOT of the old threads here, and I've wondered the same thing. Healthy and constructive criticism/debate is fine with me, but some people aren't even genuine Zep fans. It's annoying. Why are they here?

Trolling, most likely.

If you really want to make your brain ache, read the comments sections on YouTube...where reason goes to die.

Archived