1995 rock 'n' roll hall of fame reunion

weslgarlic

Of all the Led Zep reunions the 1995 rock 'n'roll hall of fame reunion (mid page/plant tours) along with bath 1986 is the one most overlooked

This song with Neil Young is amazing EVEN has planty on guitar , (steve tyler guested with joe perry on a couple of numbers too

Led Zeppelin & Neil Young - When the levee Breaks 1995

Led Zeppelin Aerosmith Rock n Roll hall of fame Bring It On Home 1995

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bApjclwnOCg&feature=related

Being a huge Neil Young and Crazy Horse fan, and of course a Zep fan, I always thought this was just amazing! The Aerosmith ones, not so much.

I love Neil's Double drop D tuning. Like Kashmir's DAGDAD tuning, if put my guitar in these alternates, it seems I never get it back to standard tuning, lol!

A great tune, IMHO, like ihave said in other postings, it is often derided by the Zep faithful.

Edited by in_the_evening

It's good, not amazing imo. Great how they go into For What It's Worth but I would have liked Jimmy to solo instead of Robert haha.

I'd love to have heard the jam Jimmy did with Neil and co. after the '74 CSNY set at Wembley on On the Beach.

Edited by tom kid

When the Levee Breaks with Jimmy Page on rhythm guitar.....and Robert Plant on lead. What?!?! I just wonder, why did Robert even have a guitar? Who had that idea?

I can remember Robert playing lead on one of songs on the 1990 tour, can;t remember the song possibly " Anniversary " ?

Interesting...but not great or essential viewing. The event ran late so Page was drunk and his nerves shot by the time they went on, which affected his playing. Also, Jason Bonham played on some songs and Michael Lee on others. Lee was a great drummer, but it should have only been John's son on the kit.

This is classic Neil, he is like a 16 year old not afraid to give it. Jimmy sorry to say not so much this night, but Robert feeling the energy and realizing Neil is kicking ass has too step up. Being a Canuck and from Neils hometown Ommee I love the way he rocks.and contiunes to play like its the first time.

Interesting...but not great or essential viewing. The event ran late so Page was drunk and his nerves shot by the time they went on, which affected his playing. Also, Jason Bonham played on some songs and Michael Lee on others. Lee was a great drummer, but it should have only been John's son on the kit.

For nostalgia's sake, yes, it should have been Jason. However, I think Michael Lee (RIP) was a way better drummer and deserved to be there because of matching talent levels with the rest of the boys.

I really do get tired of the whole "Jason riding the coattails of his father" thing. The sappiness gets old after a while.

I remember the most amazing video/documentary/concert event in the 1990's where the group was performing with a full orchestra in I think Tibet or maybe India(can't remember) but the did the most incredible "Remix" of Kasmir. Can anyone tell me if they are aware of this. I have researched endlessly and am beginning to think that I must have dreamed it. I am on a mission to buy this remix. Kasmir is my favorite song of all time. Please someone help me...

I remember the most amazing video/documentary/concert event in the 1990's where the group was performing with a full orchestra in I think Tibet or maybe India(can't remember) but the did the most incredible "Remix" of Kasmir. Can anyone tell me if they are aware of this. I have researched endlessly and am beginning to think that I must have dreamed it. I am on a mission to buy this remix. Kasmir is my favorite song of all time. Please someone help me...

Poor soul!

There you go:

For the DVD

http://www.amazon.co...+plant+unledded

For the album

http://www.amazon.co...+plant+unledded

Edited by hecube