Swan Song at present

As you all know CD was released under both Atlantic and Swan Song.

Wh has Swan Song been "reopened"? Is it to maintain that Jimmy gets all future releases under his belt and not solely for Atlantic especially as these boxset releases come out over the next year. Or is just a relic/novelty?

If I had to guess, I would think Swan Song is now operated along the lines of a "licensing" company that Plant, Page, Jones, and Bonham's widow use to receive fees and royalties of any future Led Zep releases, merchandising, etc. It would't really make sense to "fire it back up" as a record label, independent or otherwise, seeing as how the industry is in the "toliet" and may never come back up for air again.

This one is 3lp so they can't put the IV symbols on it

3 LPs means six sides. So yes, there is room for the four symbols, with two sides left for the Swan Song logo and Atlantic Records label, if they so desire. At the very least, they could put the four symbols on the record sleeves.

Very much looking forward to the vinyl release...black, coloured, or otherwise.

3 LPs means six sides. So yes, there is room for the four symbols, with two sides left for the Swan Song logo and Atlantic Records label, if they so desire. At the very least, they could put the four symbols on the record sleeves.

Very much looking forward to the vinyl release...black, coloured, or otherwise.

I have the vynil for Mothership and they did do that, I seem to remember.

Archived