Robert Plant 2013 Tour Dates

sam_webmaster

Yeah, I was at the Sydney show too, but I have to say, I didn't really like Black Dog. I think it's the riff that really makes that song, so leaving it out was strange.

Also - he kept on saying "See you soon", "see you next year."

?????

sorry we didn't get a chance to catch up - maybe another concert soon ..... :)

sorry we didn't get a chance to catch up - maybe another concert soon ..... :)

haha, yeah possibly. Are you going to any concerts in Sydney soon?

By the way, going on with my age - it appears to be a popular topic to comment on. Three different people at the concert said I was very young for Led Zeppelin. And here I though that hard rock was a teenager's prerogative.

haha, yeah possibly. Are you going to any concerts in Sydney soon?

By the way, going on with my age - it appears to be a popular topic to comment on. Three different people at the concert said I was very young for Led Zeppelin. And here I though that hard rock was a teenager's prerogative.

no, i haven't booked to see anything atm, but you never know.

it's just that us oldies love it when younger ones like our music - it doesn't happen very often, but led zep seems to be the exception to the rule :)

no, i haven't booked to see anything atm, but you never know.

it's just that us oldies love it when younger ones like our music - it doesn't happen very often, but led zep seems to be the exception to the rule :)

Everyone loves to comment on it! When I saw The Cure, when I saw Ringo Starr, everytime I see a band that had it's pinnacle of fame in another era.

I'll just keep taking it as a compliment.

Everyone loves to comment on it! When I saw The Cure, when I saw Ringo Starr, everytime I see a band that had it's pinnacle of fame in another era.

I'll just keep taking it as a compliment.

definitely a compliment - you have good taste! :)

Its good to hear you say you were not sure but after you went you loved ut,I am not sure about his so called new stuff either but maybe if I could just see him!

we had a great time, and thanks to whoopie cat, good seats! :)

i'm not good at reviews, but here goes .....

we travelled down to sydney by train, which took 1.5 hours. i was so tired after a big week at work with 4 am starts , and i wondered if i could stay awake for the 22 hours till i would get back to bed, but .... no problem there!

heard a girl with an american accent asking directions to the ent cent, and i asked her if she was going to see robert. she was a young mum having her first child -free night out. she had seen him a few times before.

there were many zeppelin t-shirts worn, and the crowd was all ages.

found whoopie cat, had a quick chat and a texan burger from maccas ( 7/10 ) lol. whoopie, you are a lovely lady - so nice to put the voice and written word to a face :)

we went inside the venue to find out who the support act was ( nobody seemed to know ) it was a band called playing for change. i only saw the last two songs, but liked what i heard. there are some clips of them on you tube

next to me were a mother and daughter who were both keen fans. mum had seen zeppelin in sydney in 72, and page/plant in 96 ( lucky bugger! ) i erged her to join here and tell her stories ..... maybe she will.

didný have to wait too long for robert and band to come on. the voice over gave him a huge intro, something about being legendary, iconic, grammy award winning .....

i actually loved the first song, tin pan valley, it was familiar to me, but hearing it live was great.

didn't know the 2nd one, another tribe ( i haven't followed his solo career ), but it was ok

then friends, and the roar went up! loved it!

didn't know the next one, spoonful, but it was quite good

black dog - it was good, but i kept wanting to hear the original .... it was cool doing the ah ahs

then going to california --- LOVED IT, AMAZING, i felt like i was at a zep concert :)

the next four, well i just loved this part of the show. four sticks is an all time fave, and it was mind-bending to groove along to that with robert on stage

then i knew it was coming to an end because they played whole lotta love. it went over really well, lots of screaming. he said goodbye, then of course we all clapped until they came out again. he said he had wanted to come back here ( oz ) for such a long time, but had forgotten about it ( big laugh )

i loved bron y aur stomp, so cool to clap along , just like on 2003 dvd, and he even yelled " strider " at the end!

rock and roll was bloody great, but i knew that was the end, all too quick ....

i wasn't going to to this concert - didn't really have the funds, and i haven't liked what i saw of him on clips of he and alison krauss and band of joy, sorry, but i just haven't, not my tase, but this band, and this concert ..... i'm so glad i did. it was perfect.

another 1.5 hour train trip home, and it was funny - about 10 different people had all just been to the concert, and were all talking about it, and it was all positive:)

thanks again, whoopie cat :)

I am so jealous of you 2! Take me with you next time...just wishing!

Thanks for posting the videos DeborahJ. I was to the right of the stage, back about five deep and had a really good view for most of the show. I think I can see my hands and camera in a couple of the videos you posted!!

Robert on the 29th March.

I saw this photo was posted by Led Zeppelin News on twitter ("Robert Plant drives while on tour in Australia") but it wasn't taken in Australia, I saw this photo last year I think it was taken in Austin, it exists on the RP / PG tumblr since November last year: http://robertnpatty.tumblr.com/image/36272580841 Hopefully someone can clarify and I hope I don't sound too negative posting this note.

I saw this photo was posted by Led Zeppelin News on twitter ("Robert Plant drives while on tour in Australia") but it wasn't taken in Australia, I saw this photo last year I think it was taken in Austin, it exists on the RP / PG tumblr since November last year: http://robertnpatty.tumblr.com/image/36272580841 Hopefully someone can clarify and I hope I don't sound too negative posting this note.

Thanks Janvier, that's a good spot. I'll send out a tweet correcting it. Weird, a news account tweeted this claiming to have 'ambushed' Robert to get an exclusive.

Cheers for the feedback.

Thanks Janvier, that's a good spot. I'll send out a tweet correcting it. Weird, a news account tweeted this claiming to have 'ambushed' Robert to get an exclusive.

Cheers for the feedback.

The interview with Orion magazine took place last year. I've been waiting for them to publish it since October I think, if my memory is correct, but now they have announced that it'll appear in May, that's what they said in the first tweet which was accompanied by the photo. Thank you for the quick response, regards.

The interview with Orion magazine took place last year. I've been waiting for them to publish it since October I think, if my memory is correct, but now they have announced that it'll appear in May, that's what they said in the first tweet which was accompanied by the photo. Thank you for the quick response, regards.

Ah excellent, thanks for the info Janvier. I'll try and Google Image search everything before posting it from now on.

Its good to hear you say you were not sure but after you went you loved ut,I am not sure about his so called new stuff either but maybe if I could just see him!

i really was prepared to not like it, but i always said that if i had the chance to see him, i would try, because he is ROBERT PLANT, singer of my favourite band, y'know?

but i did like it, i really did :)

did you get very close to him,I have just always wanted to say hi..or something

i really was prepared to not like it, but i always said that if i had the chance to see him, i would try, because he is ROBERT PLANT, singer of my favourite band, y'know?

but i did like it, i really did :)

I also love when you say the girl with the American accent!!!!! I did not think we had one!

Does Robert Plant do Twitter,there is one on there but think it is a fake

Does Robert Plant do Twitter,there is one on there but think it is a fake

I think there's only one twitter account associated with individual members of Led Zeppelin, and it´s @jimmypagecom. However, it specifies that "this is not a personal Twitter account for Jimmy Page, but an official news account for his website".

thanks for this!! i was there, at the very front, crying and rocking out and going crazy. i still can't believe i got this chance, never really thought i would

I am sooo jealous

thanks for this!! i was there, at the very front, crying and rocking out and going crazy. i still can't believe i got this chance, never really thought i would

ok,I know a lot of movie stars twitter and it is really them

I think there's only one twitter account associated with individual members of Led Zeppelin, and it´s @jimmypagecom. However, it specifies that "this is not a personal Twitter account for Jimmy Page, but an official news account for his website".

Archived