Robert Plant 2013 Tour Dates

sam_webmaster

Robert Plant Slips Into Australia For A Few Beers At The Pub

by Paul Cashmere on March 16, 2013

Led Zeppelin legend Robert Plant slipped quietly into Australia this week for a holiday before he plays Bluesfest and his Australian tour.

Robert-Plant-200x171.jpg

Robert Plant at SXSW 2005.

Photo By: Haylee Cashmere

Plant grabbed a few days off in Port Douglas and has surprised locals with his impromptu visits to the town’s restaurants.

According to Tourism Port Douglas’ website, Plant dined at the On The Inlet seafood restaurant on Thursday night and then dropped into the Central Hotel for a few beers with the locals.

Robert Plant will kick off his Australian tour at the West Coast Blues and Roots Festival in Perth on March 23 and headline Bluesfest at Byron Bay over Easter.

His Australian tour dates for Chugg Entertainment are:

March 23, Perth, West Coast Blues and Roots Festival
March 26, Adelaide, Entertainment Centre
March 28, Sydney, Entertainment Centre
March 30, Byron Bay, Bluesfest
March 31, Newcastle, Entertainment Centre
April 3, Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
April 5, Launceston, Silverdome

New Zealand dates:
April 9, Wellington, TSB Bank Arena
April 11, Auckland, Vector Arena

The most recent Robert Plant and the Shapeshifters set was November 12 in Mexico.

The setlist was:

Tin Pan Valley (from Mighty Rearranger, 2005)
Another Tribe (from Mighty Rearranger, 2005)
Friends (from Led Zeppelin III, 1970)
Spoonful (Howlin’ Wolf cover)
Somebody’s Knocking (from Mighty Rearranger, (2005)
Black Dog (from Led Zeppelin IV,1971)
All The King’s Horses (from Mighty Rearranger, 2005)
Bron-Y-Aur Stomp (from Led Zeppelin III, 1970)
The Enchanter (from Mighty Rearranger, 2005)
Four Sticks (from Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)

Ramble On (from Led Zeppelin II, (1969)
Funny In My Mind (from Dreamland, 2002)
Whole Lotta Love (from Led Zeppelin II, 1969)

Going To California (from Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)
Rock and Roll (from Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)

http://www.noise11.com/news/robert-plant-slips-into-australia-20130316http://www.noise11.com/news/robert-plant-slips-into-australia-20130316

Hopefully Robert will be back to the good ole U.S. soon. We'll see. Not sure if in the plans, but certainly won't complain if so!

Amen! I hope he makes it to the U.S. as well. I'm hoping for something around the Chicago area. I will NOT miss seeing Robert this time. I have let it pass too many times. I hope he comes to America this year.

Robert Plant Slips Into Australia For A Few Beers At The Pub

by Paul Cashmere on March 16, 2013

Led Zeppelin legend Robert Plant slipped quietly into Australia this week for a holiday before he plays Bluesfest and his Australian tour.

Robert-Plant-200x171.jpg

Robert Plant at SXSW 2005.

Photo By: Haylee Cashmere

Plant grabbed a few days off in Port Douglas and has surprised locals with his impromptu visits to the town’s restaurants.

According to Tourism Port Douglas’ website, Plant dined at the On The Inlet seafood restaurant on Thursday night and then dropped into the Central Hotel for a few beers with the locals.

Robert Plant will kick off his Australian tour at the West Coast Blues and Roots Festival in Perth on March 23 and headline Bluesfest at Byron Bay over Easter.

His Australian tour dates for Chugg Entertainment are:

March 23, Perth, West Coast Blues and Roots Festival

March 26, Adelaide, Entertainment Centre

March 28, Sydney, Entertainment Centre

March 30, Byron Bay, Bluesfest

March 31, Newcastle, Entertainment Centre

April 3, Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

April 5, Launceston, Silverdome

New Zealand dates:

April 9, Wellington, TSB Bank Arena

April 11, Auckland, Vector Arena

The most recent Robert Plant and the Shapeshifters set was November 12 in Mexico.

The setlist was:

Tin Pan Valley (from Mighty Rearranger, 2005)

Another Tribe (from Mighty Rearranger, 2005)

Friends (from Led Zeppelin III, 1970)

Spoonful (Howlin’ Wolf cover)

Somebody’s Knocking (from Mighty Rearranger, (2005)

Black Dog (from Led Zeppelin IV,1971)

All The King’s Horses (from Mighty Rearranger, 2005)

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp (from Led Zeppelin III, 1970)

The Enchanter (from Mighty Rearranger, 2005)

Four Sticks (from Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)

Ramble On (from Led Zeppelin II, (1969)

Funny In My Mind (from Dreamland, 2002)

Whole Lotta Love (from Led Zeppelin II, 1969)

Going To California (from Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)

Rock and Roll (from Led Zeppelin IV, 1971)

http://www.noise11.com/news/robert-plant-slips-into-australia-20130316http://www.noise11.com/news/robert-plant-slips-into-australia-20130316

Half the set list are Zeppelin songs, sorry, don't get this tour at all. Reworked versions or not, Zeppelin material still carries a Robert Plant solo tour, there's no denying that.

Half the set list are Zeppelin songs, sorry, don't get this tour at all. Reworked versions or not, Zeppelin material still carries a Robert Plant solo tour, there's no denying that.

And your point is?

Was he not a part of Zeppelin? If he wants to do the entire set list full of the songs he was a part of/wrote/contributed to, then it's his business, no?

Edit: People still tend to think he wishes to distance himself from Zeppelin, and that has been proven time and again that it is NOT the truth. He's not so much against performing with Jimmy and John Paul, it's the MONSTER/BAGGAGE/WEIGHT of the phenomena that is 'Led Zeppelin' itself that he shies away from. It's the "been there, done that" mentality and one can't blame him for not wanting to go through all that again. Peace.

And your point is?

Was he not a part of Zeppelin? If he wants to do the entire set list full of the songs he was a part of/wrote/contributed to, then it's his business, no?

Edit: People still tend to think he wishes to distance himself from Zeppelin, and that has been proven time and again that it is NOT the truth. He's not so much against performing with Jimmy and John Paul, it's the MONSTER/BAGGAGE/WEIGHT of the phenomena that is 'Led Zeppelin' itself that he shies away from. It's the "been there, done that" mentality and one can't blame him for not wanting to go through all that again. Peace.

Not really a point, just an observation or opinion. I agree with part of your edit, the WEIGHT of a Zeppelin tour he wants no part of. I also feel it's about control or being in control which is certainly his right; wouldn't necessarily be the case with a full blown Zeppelin tour. Peace

Here are some concert pictures from the Timbre Rock & Roots Festival in Signapore (03/21/13)

P.S: These aren't my personal pictures! All credit to the kind soul who posted 'em on Tumblr.

those are great photos! i can't seem to find it on tumblr/find the one who posted it, i'd like to follow them. i have a video of them playing going to california, maybe i'll post that tomorrow. it's when i started bawling!

Robert Plant was absolutely AMAZING at Blues and Roots last night. He still has a voice that no one comes near. It was a fantastic night. I was in raptures.

To those seeing him in the next few of weeks- you are in for a great night!!

Do you remember the setlist Fortuna?

Hi Whoopie Cat,

They won't be in order, but here's what I remember.

Heartbreaker

Going to California

Tin Pan Valley

Spoonful

Another Tribe

Black Dog

Whole Lotta Love

The Enchanter

Fixin' to Die

Friends

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Rock and Roll

And Juldeh Camara sang a song in his own language.

There is a small segment on Robert further along in this article.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/west-coast-blues-roots-marks-10-years-in-style/story-e6frg13u-1226604475953

Sounds great Seeing him in Ct with alison Krauss and then BOJ were the best concerts I have seen...I am a total Plant mark so this is not a criticism but I am puzzled why he hasnt played anything from a new album that is supposedly almost finished but we'll see in the next year, i guess but again...this guy really connects live (at this stage of his life anyway-did not see him live on early solo tours) and hope this group will hit the states...and still play smaller venues so I can actually SEE the band same as last times

those are great photos! i can't seem to find it on tumblr/find the one who posted it, i'd like to follow them. i have a video of them playing going to california, maybe i'll post that tomorrow. it's when i started bawling!

Hallo Sabelstorm!

Don't know if this is the same person I got the pictures from, but she posted several from the concert as well. Might wanna check it out:

http://kristinacortez.com/2013/01/31/big-night-out-singapore-2013-teaser/

Hi Whoopie Cat,

They won't be in order, but here's what I remember.

Heartbreaker

Going to California

Tin Pan Valley

Spoonful

Another Tribe

Black Dog

Whole Lotta Love

The Enchanter

Fixin' to Die

Friends

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Rock and Roll

And Juldeh Camara sang a song in his own language.

There is a small segment on Robert further along in this article.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/west-coast-blues-roots-marks-10-years-in-style/story-e6frg13u-1226604475953

glad you had a chance to go to this, fortuna!

whoopie cat and i ( and my hubby ) are going to sydney concert on thursday night :)

Thanks for the set list Fortuna. It's similar to the Sth American tour from last year.

Jules ......... could you be any more excited? :hurrah: hahahaha

Anyone else going to the Entertainment Centre in Sydney on Thursday night and want to catch up for pre drinks before the show, pm me or Slave.

Hope Robert brings this to the states. Been over two years since the Beacon in NYC with the BOJ and a few months earlier at a small club of around 500 capacity at the Bowery, which I felt was so honored to see a show in such a small venue. Absolutely amazing! Best thing being I shouted out a few things to Robert and he responded. It was an entertaining night with such a great show. May never experience an intimate venue with him again. It was quite funny when he responded to me! Could never happen at MSG! SUch a great night and experience.

SteveAJones, here's a photo, I have some more but I can't be bothered to post it.

It doesn't look that big but it's actually quite mammoth in real life. Completely incongrouous though, seeing as there's about four Led Zepp fans in the entirety of Sydeny's CBD haha.

Anyway, three days until the concert. Freaking out with anticipation and really hoping that he'll keep Friends on the setlist, I'd love to hear that live.

post-23667-0-65325200-1364173499_thumb.j

Archived