I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but...

TypeO

I want to discuss various details and reports about the incident itself, not the politics of gun control and the heated discussion in the other thread.

Out of respect / to avoid derailing the Newtown CT Mass Shooting thread discussion, I am starting a separate thread to discuss what is, at the very least, an astronomically unlikely coincidence, and possibly the most incredible cover-up since Watergate.

There has been a connection drawn between the Aurora, CO (Dark Knight Rises theater shooting) shooter, James Holmes, and the Newtown, CT shooter Adam Lanza.

This is already being dismissed as a hoax, but I'm researching as much as I have time to do.

The rumor is that Holmes' father Robert Holmes, a lead anti-fraud scientist for credit scoring company FICO, and Lanza's father, Peter Lanza, VP and Tax Director at GE Financial, were both scheduled to testify at hearings on the LIBOR scandal from earlier this year, a massive scandal which was described as dwarfing "by orders of magnitude any financial scam in the history of markets", in the trillions of dollars.

Whether there are even any hearings to testify at is being questioned, much less if these 2 were scheduled, as well, although there have to be some sort of ongoing investigation into such a monstrous scandal.

It is looking more and more to be just internet rumor, regarding the fathers' roles as whistleblowers.

But either way, I find it insanely coincidental that 2 of the most recent and most outrageously heinous mass shootings were carried out by young men whose fathers were such big-time heavy hitters in the financial world.

http://www.examiner....were-to-testify

Secondly, I am confused about the vast difference in varying reports concerning the Newtown shooting.

Originally, it was reported that Lanza's mother Nancy was a teacher at the school, and was shot and killed there.

At least that would explain how he ended up there and ultimately shot the children.

But now it's reported that Nancy was shot in her home, and that she wasn't a teacher at the school, nor ever had been.

Which makes it much harder to understand why he went to the school to shoot the kids.

Also, it was reported Lanza had 2 semi-automatic handguns and a .223 assault rifle.

Reports stated he was found dead with the 2 handguns nearby, and the assault rifle in the car.

But it was also reported that the medical examiner confirmed the children had been shot multiple times each with the assault rifle.

In addition there was a report of a person in camo pants and black shirt being brought out of the nearby woods handcuffed.

Nothing more has been mentioned of this person.

Check out the shady-looking creep lurking in the background to the right behind the speaker.

Typical government spook, huh? LOL

I want to discuss various details and reports about the incident itself, not the politics of gun control and the heated discussion in the other thread.

Out of respect / to avoid derailing the Newtown CT Mass Shooting thread discussion, I am starting a separate thread to discuss what is, at the very least, an astronomically unlikely coincidence, and possibly the most incredible cover-up since Watergate.

There has been a connection drawn between the Aurora, CO (Dark Knight Rises theater shooting) shooter, James Holmes, and the Newtown, CT shooter Adam Lanza.

This is already being dismissed as a hoax, but I'm researching as much as I have time to do.

The rumor is that Holmes' father Robert Holmes, a lead anti-fraud scientist for credit scoring company FICO, and Lanza's father, Peter Lanza, VP and Tax Director at GE Financial, were both scheduled to testify at hearings on the LIBOR scandal from earlier this year, a massive scandal which was described as dwarfing "by orders of magnitude any financial scam in the history of markets", in the trillions of dollars.

Whether there are even any hearings to testify at is being questioned, much less if these 2 were scheduled, as well, although there have to be some sort of ongoing investigation into such a monstrous scandal.

It is looking more and more to be just internet rumor, regarding the fathers' roles as whistleblowers.

But either way, I find it insanely coincidental that 2 of the most recent and most outrageously heinous mass shootings were carried out by young men whose fathers were such big-time heavy hitters in the financial world.

Secondly, I am confused about the vast difference in varying reports concerning the Newtown shooting.

Originally, it was reported that Lanza's mother Nancy was a teacher at the school, and was shot and killed there.

At least that would explain how he ended up there and ultimately shot the children.

But now it's reported that Nancy was shot in her home, and that she wasn't a teacher at the school, nor ever had been.

Which makes it much harder to understand why he went to the school to shoot the kids.

Also, it was reported Lanza had 2 semi-automatic handguns and a .223 assault rifle.

Reports stated he was found dead with the 2 handguns nearby, and the assault rifle in the car.

But it was also reported that the medical examiner confirmed the children had been shot multiple times each with the assault rifle.

In addition there was a report of a person in camo pants and black shirt being brought out of the nearby woods handcuffed.

Check out the shady-looking creep lurking in the background to the right behind the speaker.

I rather skim read your report on the correlation of the fathers being financial giants but is there any link between them as far as knowing each other? I have studied the Kennedy assasination at great length. I am more convinced that there was a conspiracy in RFK's death. So if you had to out a percentage out there on the possibilithy of this, what would you give it? It is very strange indeed that he killed the mother at the home and then proceeded to the school. What his motovation could have been is bewildering. But a psychopath does not always think in any coherant manner as to who he will kill and when and where. But he seemed to have had enough mental capacity to be very manipulating and showed stealth in his evil endeavors. Just like the "Joker" did in the movie threatre. Certainly we are being left in the dark on much of what the cops have gathered. They have put the smashed computers in the hands of experts to try and retrieve data from the hard drives. And it sounds like there may have been notes? One officer all but came out and said it. We should learn more in time, as they see fit to tell us. But then again, out of regard for the victims, they may never tell us all to not stir emotions any further than necessary. I highly doubt they are linked but without knowing all the facts, and you have certainly done your homework on the matter far more than I, I wont rush to judgement. I just do not know how he could have any motive to go kill innocent children after he took out his mother other than pure evil and madness. But the fact he had so much firepower leads one to believe he may have pondered other targets? But he knew he was surrounded and took his life as his last cowardly act, the bastard.

Since there were no official police statements released, the media began to use the information they could gather, and began to speculate about certain aspects of the shooting. People are now taking this information as the truth, when it was all media speculation to begin with. This includes the types of guns, how many shooters, the relationship of the shooter to anyone inside the school, who was actually dead in the school and at the parent's home, including which son was responsible. All of the actions by the responding police were standard procedure for securing a crime scene. Rumors started because people observed and speculated about what was occurring.

Since there were no official police statements released, the media began to use the information they could gather, and began to speculate about certain aspects of the shooting. People are now taking this information as the truth, when it was all media speculation to begin with. This includes the types of guns, how many shooters, the relationship of the shooter to anyone inside the school, who was actually dead in the school and at the parent's home, including which son was responsible. All of the actions by the responding police were standard procedure for securing a crime scene. Rumors started because people observed and speculated about what was occurring.

But do not forget the news reported he went to Hoboken and killed his father. That was untrue. CNN reported this many times. One of the local cops did insinuate notes were left. I believe they were and we are not privvy to it.

You've pretty much nailed it, here.

That's exactly where the misinformation originates, news agencies trying to be "first", with little (or perhaps just much less) regard for accuracy.

I'm still pretty astounded by the coincidence of the 2 shooters' fathers both being big-shot executives in the financial world.

You just don't expect coincidences like that in such high-profile incidents as these.

i have read something on facebook that claims that in the movie "the dark knight rises ", the name "aurora "is a neon sign, and that "sandy hook "is written on a map ....

http://conspiracypsych.com/2012/12/15/conspiracy-theorising-in-the-wake-of-newtown-shooting/

This blog post is interesting, but what is more interesting is the 2 comments directly below from a user identified as Abandon TV.

The user makes a very valid and cogent argument regarding attitudes towards conspiracy theories.

It made me think somewhat differently about what I believe and what I tend to readily dismiss.

the issues with news reporting today is that everyone wants to be seen to be the first with the news. As others have said ( not just relating to this story) is that this eagerness clouds the facts and it has a chinese whispers effect.

Lanzas brother was named as a 2nd person in the shooting and he has apparently been abused and threatened on the net cos everyone was so quick to react to what they were told rather than wait for evidence or facts. Social media has changed how news is reported and how people respond to it.

All I can say is...if the media screws up an incident like this with bogus facts....imagine how bad they were/are with more complicated news stories such as Wall st and the banking sector.

The media sucks.....Period!

http://conspiracypsych.com/2012/12/15/conspiracy-theorising-in-the-wake-of-newtown-shooting/

This blog post is interesting, but what is more interesting is the 2 comments directly below from a user identified as Abandon TV.

The user makes a very valid and cogent argument regarding attitudes towards conspiracy theories.

It made me think somewhat differently about what I believe and what I tend to readily dismiss.

I must say, that was a very good read.

the issues with news reporting today is that everyone wants to be seen to be the first with the news. As others have said ( not just relating to this story) is that this eagerness clouds the facts and it has a chinese whispers effect.

Exactly! (as mentioned before).

There was a time when the media had some degree of integrity relative to jumping to conclusions.

No more.

Lanzas brother was named as a 2nd person in the shooting and he has apparently been abused and threatened on the net cos everyone was so quick to react to what they were told rather than wait for evidence or facts. Social media has changed how news is reported and how people respond to it.

Actually, 24 year-old Ryan Lanza was originally identified as the shooter.

They went so far as to post photos from his Facebook page.

They just keep grinding out whatever they can get their hands on regardless of any attempts at confirmation.

It's my biggest and most oft-repeated problem with our society - the corruption and disintegration of our fourth estate, the media.

I must say, that was a very good read.

My thoughts exactly.

Very thought-provoking.

Come on people! Isn't this a little far-fetched? This conspiracy theory is as bad as George Bush blew up the Twin Towers.

Besides . . . None of this is going to matter, day after tomorrow the worlds going to end!

I'm busy Friday so it will have to end another day.

Archived