Outrider 2

weslgarlic

On the Outrider album .Page worked with 3 vocalists John Miles , Chris Farlowe & Robert Plant ,If he did an Outrider 2 ,Id like to see him work with Glenn Hughes , Chris Robinson & Jon Anderson

Unfortunately, I believe Page is "retired" at this point. His only work is on Zeppelin - Celebration Day - which techincially isn't Zep, plus the news of the back catalog released again w/ "bonus" material.

However, if he were to venture back into the fray, then I think his best bet would be to work w/ David Coverdale again. Apparently, Chris Robinison wasn't too keen on singing Zep, Hughes is too much of a metal, high singer/screamer for Page and Anderson's voice doesn't have the power that Page needs. Coverdale - although firmly back in Whitesnake - or its current version - is really the only obvious choice aside from Robert, who has no intention of reuniting w/ Page.

The Coverdale/Page album was Jimmy's best work since Zeppelin and still holds up quite well today, nearly 20 years later. If Coverdale could be lured away from the 'Snake, a second Coverdale/Page album would be incredible. David helped inspire Jimmy to new heights and Jimmy brought out some of David's best work.

Sadly - I doubt it wil ever happen. Maybe we'll get a 20 year Deluxe Edition w/ the six extra tracks and maybe a live, professionally recorded CD of one of their shows - my hope is the 22nd of December 1993 - their final show - because of the Stairway tease and the Whole Lotta Love "surprise" in Shake My Tree, but even that's doubtful.

Such a shame. Jimmy and David were very good for each other.

Unfortunately, I believe Page is "retired" at this point. His only work is on Zeppelin - Celebration Day - which techincially isn't Zep, plus the news of the back catalog released again w/ "bonus" material.

However, if he were to venture back into the fray, then I think his best bet would be to work w/ David Coverdale again. Apparently, Chris Robinison wasn't too keen on singing Zep, Hughes is too much of a metal, high singer/screamer for Page and Anderson's voice doesn't have the power that Page needs. Coverdale - although firmly back in Whitesnake - or its current version - is really the only obvious choice aside from Robert, who has no intention of reuniting w/ Page.

The Coverdale/Page album was Jimmy's best work since Zeppelin and still holds up quite well today, nearly 20 years later. If Coverdale could be lured away from the 'Snake, a second Coverdale/Page album would be incredible. David helped inspire Jimmy to new heights and Jimmy brought out some of David's best work.

Sadly - I doubt it wil ever happen. Maybe we'll get a 20 year Deluxe Edition w/ the six extra tracks and maybe a live, professionally recorded CD of one of their shows - my hope is the 22nd of December 1993 - their final show - because of the Stairway tease and the Whole Lotta Love "surprise" in Shake My Tree, but even that's doubtful.

Such a shame. Jimmy and David were very good for each other.

I very much doubt that. Jimmy has been regularly mentioning in interviews and television appearances that he has a new album, tour and band in the works.

One of two reasons I don't like Black Country Communion, is Glenn Hughes. A shame, because the music is okay in places. He's a decent bass player, but his vocals annoy me to no end. I can't listen to him, aside from the additional/backing vocals he added to the Burn album (Deep Purple).

That being said, I'd rather hear an instrumental album, before hearing him with Hughes or Anderson-neither of which fit into his range of musical compatibility.

Edited by Rock Historian

....... but his vocals annoy me to no end. I can't listen to him, aside from the additional/backing vocals he added to the Burn album (Deep Purple).

Totally agree. When I listen to Deep Purple, especially "Live in Europe" or California Jam, that voice is just awful. His insistance on yelping after every track is more than just irritating. I am sure I have read on more than one occasion David Coverdales annoyance at Hughes' gate crashing of what it means to be a frontman. Stick to the bass man

I can think of little worse than JP working with either Hughes or Anderson. I think I'd rather he stayed retired than hook up with either of those two. Anderson is a little hippie pixie, and the only person who rates Hughes is Hughes himself.

Glenn Hughes is an amazing and much-admired singer, you are talking bollocks ( again).

I didn't argue with you guys because I can see why that irritates, and it was your opinions - but I couldn't not disagree with Tripmender because he said that no-one rates Glenn's voice but himself - which isn't subject to opinion, it's simply untrue.