Led Zeppelin In Talks Regarding Streaming Online

Reggie29

Means nothing to me...don't use Spotify or any of those others mentioned. Albums and cds are the way I consume Led Zeppelin.

One interesting fact in that article was that 840,000 Led Zeppelin albums were sold last year. That's a tremendous figure for a non-active band. I wonder how it compares to Pink Floyd or the Beatles numbers?

Of course, it doesn't say if they're measuring sales by fiscal year or calendar year. If it is by calendar year, then "Celebration Day" would account for a big chunk of those sales.

It's already streaming on YouTube.

I believe streaming music is good because it ultimately (though not automatically) leads to the purchase of CDs.

It's a personal opinion -and experience. I no longer buy CDs without prior online streaming: this was true of all the titles I bought in 2012 and those than I plan to purchase in the next months.

I have never used Spotify, given its geographical restrictions, so I'm referring to sites like grooveshark, spinner, youtube and lastfm.

As Ady said, the streaming is already being done. The music industry has been extremely slow (and adamant) to adapt to the new reality, in the past it has chosen to fight the technology rather than to assimilate it and exploit it in its favour.

I believe streaming music is good because it ultimately (though not automatically) leads to the purchase of CDs.

I agree. I've bought many CDs because of youtube.

A lot of people complain about all the adverts you get on youtube now, but if it wasn't for the adverts we wouldn't have the vast amount of music that's available to listen to on there.

Definitely a good thing, opens up Led Zeppelin's music and helps them reach whole new audiences. Spotify heavily promote star artists, Led Zeppelin are looking old-fashioned by not being available to stream.

One of the things that keeps me on Spotify is the promotions. I fell in love with Latin music because of a Spotify promotion of a Spanish artist. I don't really care if Led Zeppelin begins streaming because I have the albums and CD's. Actually that applies to most of my favorite Classic Rock. I do agree that streaming would open up their music to new audience and that would be fantastic

Archived