SUPER BOWL SPREADS: Share Your Super Bowl Feast Menu!

Strider

Love your spread Strider.

Just a few friends over.

We're having something similar to your Velveeta goop. Mine is with that plus a can of Rotel (tomatoes and green chillies

Also:

2 cheeses St. Andre and a Racclette

Various Italian cold cuts (Coppo, Prosciutto and Genoa Salami

Shrimp with cocktail sauce

Plus wine (from France), beer (Stella) and water

I have a bag of popcorn around too, so I may use that as well. It's probably the best brand of bagged popcorn I've had. It's Skinny Pop and only been around for a few years. Great flavor!

• 11 months later...

It's that time of year again for sports fans and foodies alike...time to figure out what to serve/eat on Super Bowl Sunday!!!

Compared to past Super Bowl spreads, this year mine will be pretty low-key. There will only be a few close friends. Since Seattle and New England are two areas of the country known for seafood, I think that will be the direction I take this year.

Although I picked Seattle in the pool (defense wins championships), I personally want New England to win. So I'm going with New England-inspired food choices...Lobster rolls and Sam Adams beer, for instance. Clam chowder, too.

What is everyone else doing this Sunday?

I've narrowed my choices down to either Connie & Ted's, the Lobsta Shack or BP Oysterette as to where I will get my lobster rolls, steamers, etc. for Super Bowl Sunday.

Question for you, KB, and any other interested parties...when it comes to lobster rolls, do you prefer the cold-with-mayo Maine-style or the hot-with-drawn-butter Connecticut-style?

I've narrowed my choices down to either Connie & Ted's, the Lobsta Shack or BP Oysterette as to where I will get my lobster rolls, steamers, etc. for Super Bowl Sunday.

Question for you, KB, and any other interested parties...when it comes to lobster rolls, do you prefer the cold-with-mayo Maine-style or the hot-with-drawn-butter Connecticut-style?

Hey Strider! Go Pats and remember your girlfriend! LOL!

For Lobster rolls,I go Maine style,just make sure they don't drown it in mayo!Have a some dillweed on the side,or,.... :bubble:

If you go with the drawn butter style get it on the side,the butter will ruin the rolls,quick!

Also,no clam chowder for you! :D

KB

Hey Strider! Go Pats and remember your girlfriend! LOL!

For Lobster rolls,I go Maine style,just make sure they don't drown it in mayo!Have a some dillweed on the side,or,.... :bubble:

If you go with the drawn butter style get it on the side,the butter will ruin the rolls,quick!

Also,no clam chowder for you! :D

KB

Party time at Anjin-sans!!! (That's me on the bongos)

Our spread:

Wings, both hot and teriyaki

Black bean salsa and scoops

Kielbasa in a ketchup/brown sugar/red wine vinegar sauce

Cream Cheese topped with crab meat and cocktail sauce with Ritz

Ruffles with Sour Cream and Onion dip

Walter Jr.'s Cheese Puffs +

Publix Popcorn Chicken

Drinks:

Grey Goose and Cranberry

Kraken and Coke

Bud Light

For the kids:

Vitamin Water

Juice packs

Let's get this game on!

Pretty low key here as well!

Shrimp boiled in Old Bay, water and white vegar with Kelchner's Cocktail Sauce

Sliced Sarta Chorizo

Smoked Salmon on Blinis with Creme Fraiche and American Sturgeon Caviar

Two French Cheeses: Abbaye de Belloc (Sheep's milk) and Petit St. Nectaire (cow's milk)

Baby carrots, broccoli, celery, cherry tomotoes and two kinds of hummus...red pepper and garlic.

Various potato chips/tortilla chips and smokey chipotle pepper salsa, guacamole, and french onion dip.

Shrimp with cocktail sauce.

Lobster rolls (Maine-style and Montreal-style) from Littlefork restaurant.

Chocolate cake with New England Patriot team colour frosting.

Archived