SUPER BOWL SPREADS: Share Your Super Bowl Feast Menu!

Strider

Yeah, when the drink menu is as long as the food, it's gonna be a good night!

That is true....until you have to get up for work in the morning! :wakeup:

Stider, I know you are a bacon guy and love the stuff as you implemented them in your brownies last year or the year before for your Super Bowl menu. What brand of bacon do you regularly use? I've been using Nueske's which is out of Wisconsin and is beyond the best I've ever had. Not as much grease as any other brand, but the flavor is amazing!

Baby carrots, broccoli, celery, cherry tomotoes and two kinds of hummus...red pepper and garlic.

Various potato chips/tortilla chips and smokey chipotle pepper salsa, guacamole, and french onion dip.

Shrimp with cocktail sauce.

Lobster rolls (Maine-style and Montreal-style) from Littlefork restaurant.

Chocolate cake with New England Patriot team colour frosting.

Sounds good and especially the lobster rolls. What exactly is Montreal style?

That's alright, a morning liquor buzz with a cup of coffee isn't all that bad! ;):yesnod:

Shouldn't be that bad. Especially, with the snwstorm here, which just began and I may be able to go in a bit later, but we'll see!

Although, I knocked over a glass of red wine on my white carpet earlier tonight. Another one of my party did the same thing during Katy Perry's performance! Probably showing their frustration of why you're actually a musical artist, so to speak! It's been a long time since I did that. That was early and the first glass! Thank God I have Resolve which works great!

That performance was so over the top and just amazed me and not in any way good! Deplorable!! Whatever happened to actual musicians without the use of dancers, theatrics etc.?

Shouldn't be that bad. Although, I knocked over a glass of red wine on my white carpet earlier tonight. It's been a long time since I did that. That was early and the first glass! Thank God I have Resolve which works great!

White shag carpet? ;)

Low Country Boil (shrimp, snow crab, sausage, potatoes, corn)

Shrimp and Sausage & Grits

Wings

Really good, but I'm paying the price this morning from the greasy sausage - lotta reflux going on.

Low Country Boil (shrimp, snow crab, sausage, potatoes, corn)

Shrimp and Sausage & Grits

Wings

Really good, but I'm paying the price this morning from the greasy sausage - lotta reflux going on.

Me too! Too many wings, etc. Oh well, everyone else is out of it too today. Not expecting for much to get done anyway....

The grits dish sounds great!

• 1 year later...

American winters are marked by three big feasts: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Super Bowl Sunday.

Since my interest in the game this year is at an all-time low and it will only be a few of us getting together, I don't feel like doing anything fancy or extravagant as in years past. Probably just order some pizza, have some assortment of chips and dips...maybe make a giant sandwich. Beer and/or wine, natch.

Anybody care to share what grub they are fixing up for Sunday? Anybody going whole-hog crazy with an elaborate spread?

Hanging out with some friends in about 30 minutes.  Will be having shrimp and cocktail sauce, two cold cuts of chorizo and Serrano Ham, smoked salmon on blinis with creme fraiche and caviar (the cheap stuff as the other is out of our budgets), two cheeses (one French and the other Spanish- semi soft and good and empanadas with cojita cheese, chillies and other fillings.  Of course beer and wine and some chips and dips.

My sister brought a bunch of pre-game snacks (which we're enjoying while watching A Star is Born :) ) .  My husband is making roast beef, rice and green beans.  There is beer and wine.  

I wish tomorrow was a work holiday...

I'm taking it easier like you, Strider.
Beef chili dogs complimented with a decent batch of chili I made yesterday. Topped with graded cheese, maybe a slice of Swiss, sour cream, chopped onions and mustard. Maybe some sauerkraut. Putting this on oversized hamburger buns because I thought I'd fire the grill up for burgers today. Might do some fries too, with lots of ketchup. Cheap beer is on hand (in hand) too. Just the missus and me and low key. I like it like this.

We're even more low key with chili served over rice and topped with shredded cheddar.  It is called Bloody Mary chili which doesn't sound appealing at all (to this non-Bloody Mary fan), but it is very flavorful, especially after simmering for hours.  Abita Purple Haze.  I am trying my hand at a ricotta and pesto puff pastry star, inspired by the Christmas tree posted by Strider at Christmas. ;) 

46 minutes ago, jabe said:

I'm taking it easier like you, Strider.
Beef chili dogs complimented with a decent batch of chili I made yesterday. Topped with graded cheese, maybe a slice of Swiss, sour cream, chopped onions and mustard. Maybe some sauerkraut. Putting this on oversized hamburger buns because I thought I'd fire the grill up for burgers today. Might do some fries too, with lots of ketchup. Cheap beer is on hand (in hand) too. Just the missus and me and low key. I like it like this.

** oh, I 'grade' my grated cheese.... (sheesh)

I grilled sautéed Swiss mushroom burgers, Mrs Walter made her pigs in a blanket, popcorn chicken, Mac n cheese, buffalo chicken dip, black bean salsa, grey goose n cranberry, various wines and beers and some local moonshine.  It's been a fun day, why is this game on Sunday night again???

Archived