2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

All I know is a looong season is ahead for us Yankee fans ...I dont see Cano or Granderson returning.... Also i agree a-Rod is an albatross around the Yanks neck they should pay up and do what it takes to cut him loose if he wins his appeal ....which seems unlikely

Edited by ksgemini

^^ And Mike Scioscia is somehow still the manager? Doesn't give much hope to Angels fans I imagine.

Rick's boy Johnson got dealt to the A's & the Tigers are close to signing Joe Nathan, if they haven't done so already.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10071384/baltimore-orioles-deal-closer-jim-johnson-oakland-jemile-weeks

^^ And Mike Scioscia is somehow still the manager? Doesn't give much hope to Angels fans I imagine.

Rick's boy Johnson got dealt to the A's & the Tigers are close to signing Joe Nathan, if they haven't done so already.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10071384/baltimore-orioles-deal-closer-jim-johnson-oakland-jemile-weeks

They traded him to the A's? Shocker. I have to go see. Thanks for the info

^^^

Good. Maybe Johnson can screw up games for the A's like he did for the O's.

No it doesn't. Apparently Scioscia has photos/dirt on all the Angels front office. How else to explain why he has more job security than Don Mattingly?

He is not my boy Paul. Do you know anything of this 2nd baseman? I thought Flaherty was going to be at 2nd if Roberts were injured? I guess they wanted depth and wanted no more of Johnson? His average was tremendous two and three yrs back. Last year I believe he tapered off a bit. I hope they hand the ball to Tommy Hunter in save situations. We must see how Bundy is coming along. Perhaps EBK has news?

It's official now, Cano is a Mariner. Just wondering if this will be one of those 10 year deals that becomes an albatross around the neck of the team that offered it, i.e. the Albert Pujols deal in Anaheim....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10089241/robinson-cano-agrees-deal-seattle-mariners

It's official now, Cano is a Mariner. Just wondering if this will be one of those 10 year deals that becomes an albatross around the neck of the team that offered it, i.e. the Albert Pujols deal in Anaheim....

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10089241/robinson-cano-agrees-deal-seattle-mariners

Love it. So do you think this makes Seattle a contender? Do you think this is a huge hit to the Yankees? I say yes as far as the Yankees. And the A Rod thing? I assume A Rod is not going to play. If so, they should be screwed blued and tattoed. Hopefully. I think the O's have the weapons to make a run. Just need to find out about Bundy? Will be be a factor? Gausman is going to be very good IMO. And I expect Tillman to win 20.

^^ Certainly a weak Yankees offense is going to be even weaker now with the loss of Cano & I hear they lost Granderson as well to my Mets. Makes you wonder who is going to be the thumper in that Yanks lineup. Certainly not Jeter at his age.

The AL East could be Baltimore's to contend for, but you have to think Boston & Tampa will be in the mix as well...

I have already talked to Paul about this. Bless his heart, he does such a great job on the NFL pics. I guess there is just no way we could do a pics for MLB, too many games. I love baseball and would be in heaven if we could. So we come here to talk about the games, etc. during the season? Maybe we can make some small pics amongst ourselves on this thread?

I have already talked to Paul about this. Bless his heart, he does such a great job on the NFL pics. I guess there is just no way we could do a pics for MLB, too many games. I love baseball and would be in heaven if we could. So we come here to talk about the games, etc. during the season? Maybe we can make some small pics amongst ourselves on this thread?

:-) :-)

Several members made some pre-season "big picture" picks, then some were making picks throughout the playoffs. Someone will make a new baseball thread before next season begins.

Pitchers and catchers report in two months!

I haven't been following the hot stove on a daily basis, but I see the Mets have signed the fat man Bartolo Colon. Not sure how I feel about that, but any additions to that starting rotation might be good, especially since I still don't know whether or not Harvey is having Tommy John surgery.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10151364/brian-roberts-deal-new-york-yankees

Also read on ESPN that the Orioles are trying to sign closer Grant Balfour.

Its a done deal and his numbers are way better than Johnson's last year. I am hoping he does not blow saves like Johnson. The Roberts signing was a bit surprising? I was not even sure we were going to sign him again,.,