2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Since no one has bothered or cared to reply to my most recent posts regarding the Mighty Cardinals winning game 3 of this World Series and projecting that the Cardinals will win the next 3 (now 2) games at Busch stadium, I salute you.

If my favorite Baseball team was beaten and behind I would not post anything either. For all the Boston Red Sox fans (as well as the Los Angeles Dodger fans, there is always another 25 years to wait for another chance at the World Title). Regardless of my accuracy (Boston fans will know what I mean as well as Dodger fans, especially,,,).

During that time I will be 67 years old and the Saint Louis Cardinals will have been the World Champions about 15 more times and Boston and L.A. (maybe 2 times). Maybe...

Since no one has bothered or cared to reply to my most recent posts regarding the Mighty Cardinals winning game 3 of this World Series and projecting that the Cardinals will win the next 3 (now 2) games at Busch stadium, I salute you.

If my favorite Baseball team was beaten and behind I would not post anything either. For all the Boston Red Sox fans (as well as the Los Angeles Dodger fans, there is always another 25 years to wait for another chance at the World Title). Regardless of my accuracy (Boston fans will know what I mean as well as Dodger fans, especially,,,).

During that time I will be 67 years old and the Saint Louis Cardinals will have been the World Champions about 15 more times and Boston and L.A. (maybe 2 times). Maybe...

Seems you are trash talking a bit early. I am not a fan of either team but let me remind you that when Boston makes it to the Series it usually means alot of drama. The 1975 series vs the Reds was one of the best ever. Game six, Carleton Fisk hit the home run that was a monster. And we all know the dramatic 1986 Series vs the Mets. The Red Sox had a 3-1 lead and lost that one. Do not count them out or you are making a big mistake. The Yankees had them 3-0 and you know the rest. They will not quit and they are the better team. Its far from over

If one listens to your mad ramblings, why even play any more. Lets bow down to the Cardinals. Gee. Never mind the Yankees and all the Series they won? Or the ones my Orioles won and one with a guy named Ripken. Who was not a phony like that Irish McGuire

"Mighty" Cardinals fall. What did you think Kingzoso? That Boston was going to roll over?

I did not think that Boston was going to "roll over", I was hoping that Boston would "roll over" (although I knew that that would not happen).

Again, let me just say this: Although I really hope and want the Saint Louis Cardinals to win this 2013 World Series, if it turns out the other way, I will still be Proud that the Cardinals at least made it to yet another World Series. (And, of course, there is always next year and the year after that...).

Go Cardinals!!!

I think that the St. Louis Cardinals are going to go back to the World Series this year. They should have been back last year but "fouled" up after having been up 3 games to 1 against the San Francisco Giants.

Even without Albert Pujols, the Cardinals made it to the NLCS championship. The Los Angeles Angels gave Albert Pujols a 240 million dollar contract and still did not make last years playoffs.

It is a fact that, after the New York Yankees, the Saint Louis Cardinals have won the most World Series in the history of baseball. Not as near as much as the Yankees, but the second most.

The Cardinal are destined to the Power team in the whole of the National League.

I completely forgot that I posted this over 8 months ago. Was I wrong? No, I was not, because the Saint Louis Cardinals are back in the World Series (just like I predicted that They would be).

Even though (8 months later) the World Series is now evened up 2 games to 2 against the Boston Red Sox and not the Baltimore Orioles.

You honestly think the Red Sox will finish ahead of Baltimore and Toronto? No damn way. Last place.

I do not know who you were asking this question to, but it must leave a "bile" and "repulsive" taste in your mouth since Boston did not end up in last place, but on the World Stage against, yes, the "Mighty" Saint Louis Cardinals.

Without Cal Ripken, the Baltimore Orioles are just a small "footnote" in Major League Baseball History. Baltimore is known more for the gangs, drugs, violence and corruption. Unfortunately, Baltimore ranks almost in the same "league" (and not the MLB) with Detroit.

Well in fairness to Rick.. nobody thought The Red Sox were going to do much back in February...

You made your hopeful predictions minutes after a nail biting 5-4 loss in the World Series...and then you went out 25 years into the future...

This is the 3rd World Series appearance for Boston in 9 years.. Not too shabby..

Series tied.. 2-2

Without Cal Ripken, the Baltimore Orioles are just a small "footnote" in Major League Baseball History. Baltimore is known more for the gangs, drugs, violence and corruption. Unfortunately, Baltimore ranks almost in the same "league" (and not the MLB) with Detroit.

Well, the O's have made the World Series 6 times in my lifetime so I don't think they could possibly considered a "small" footnote In MLB history.

I do not know who you were asking this question to, but it must leave a "bile" and "repulsive" taste in your mouth since Boston did not end up in last place, but on the World Stage against, yes, the "Mighty" Saint Louis Cardinals.

Without Cal Ripken, the Baltimore Orioles are just a small "footnote" in Major League Baseball History. Baltimore is known more for the gangs, drugs, violence and corruption. Unfortunately, Baltimore ranks almost in the same "league" (and not the MLB) with Detroit.Th

I

I do not live in Baltimore but yes I am a big fan of the Orioles. And they have had some teams that were far better than any Cards team ever. The team with Jim Palmer and Brooks Robinson was better than any of your chump ass teams. Putting down a city for crime is stupid. You think Baltimroe is the leading city for crime? You are nuts. And your Cardinals will lose

This is why we won't ever have a "friendly" or any other kind of rivalry. You have no idea what you're talking about.

No need of that crap in this thread.

Amazingly enough, I really feel like rooting for the Red Sox after the way this thread has recently changed - and anyone who has been around here long enough knows my distaste for all things Boston-sports related. Even with the Cardinals as my 2nd favorite team, I pretty much want them to lose so that someone will stfu!

Bottom line is, you win with class and act like you've been there before!

Amazingly enough, I really feel like rooting for the Red Sox after the way this thread has recently changed - and anyone who has been around here long enough knows my distaste for all things Boston-sports related. Even with the Cardinals as my 2nd favorite team, I pretty much want them to lose so that someone will stfu!

Bottom line is, you win with class and act like you've been there before!

Welcome to the circus Walter. No class from this St Louis loser

Welcome to the circus Walter. No class from this St Louis loser

Hey. You are not right calling me a St. Louis loser as I do not reside in St. Louis, Missouri, I live in Texas. So that would make me a Texas Loser (and proud of it).

Go Cardinals!!!

Hey. You are not right calling me a St. Louis loser as I do not reside in St. Louis, Missouri, I live in Texas. So that would make me a Texas Loser (and proud of it).

Go Cardinals!!!

Why are you cheering for St Louis if you live in Texas? I assume you are from St Louis?

Why are you cheering for St Louis if you live in Texas? I assume you are from St Louis?

Good question. I was born in Texas but lived in St. Louis for about 17 years. I have been back in Texas (from StL) since the year 2000. Before I moved to St. Louis (from Houston in 1980), I was an Astros fan and went to many Astros games at the Astrodome when I was just a kid. I still like the Houston Astros even though they are not as good as They once were (and have only gone to the World Series once and did not emerge World Champions).

Alas, let me apologize to anyone I might have offended earlier.

Go Cardinals!!!

Good question. I was born in Texas but lived in St. Louis for about 17 years. I have been back in Texas (from StL) since the year 2000. Before I moved to St. Louis (from Houston in 1980), I was an Astros fan and went to many Astros games at the Astrodome when I was just a kid. I still like the Houston Astros even though they are not as good as They once were (and have only gone to the World Series once and did not emerge World Champions).

Alas, let me apologize to anyone I might have offended earlier.

Go Cardinals!!!

I believe the Astro's are improving

Archived