2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

I'm not going to harp about the Tiger's bats going silent during 3 out of four Verlander starts....I'd rather get on Fat Boy Fielder's case. No rbis in 16 post-season games...playing 1st base worse than a high school kid, and all for $22 million a year. We saw the classic glove swipe the last game....the missed pop-up.....a range of about 18 inches....and they let this guy play every day on a team that rests everyone, including Miggy when he's healthy. Watching baseball for over 45 years and I've never seen a worse fielding Major League first baseman. SIT DOWN YA FATASS !!

There....I feel better now !

Must game tonite. If we win the series is tied, and nothing that went before really matters.

Nobody has any thoughts or reminiscences of Kirk Gibson's home run? I guess some of you are too young to remember.

Still gives me goosebumps when I see the tape and hear Jack Buck.

And now, I'm listening to Vin Scully call the game. He's so, so, so good.

Nobody has any thoughts or reminiscences of Kirk Gibson's home run? I guess some of you are too young to remember.

Great moment....but you only have it half covered. Remember Sparky ?......"He don't wanna walk you". Ours wasn't a walk-off, but it was awesome ! Not bad to hit homers off both Eckersley and Gossage in World Series play.

tumblr_lqersu8uAl1qhqxuso1_r1_500.jpg

^^^

While I want the Dodgers and Red Sox to get in the WS, I would definitely be less upset if the Tigers get in than I will if the Cards win. Detroit does need some good news.

I feel sorry for Cleveland fans, too. More than I do for Cubs fans, who are obnoxious and kind of deserve to have the Cubs remain losers. Hard to believe it's been 10 years already since the Steve Bartman game.

Still gives me goosebumps when I see the tape and hear Jack Buck.

And now, I'm listening to Vin Scully call the game. He's so, so, so good.

Vin Scully and Joe Garagiola on the NBC TV broadcast, back when NBC owned baseball coverage. Bob Costas and Marv Albert hosting the studio show and doing interviews. I miss those days. It's a shame the nation is deprived of Vin Scully calling baseball.

Great moment....but you only have it half covered. Remember Sparky ?......"He don't wanna walk you". Ours wasn't a walk-off, but it was awesome ! Not bad to hit homers off both Eckersley and Gossage in World Series play.

Well, it was the 25th anniversary of Game 1 of the 1988 World Series last night, hence my focus on that particular at-bat. But yes, I also remember that 1984 World Series too. Another one where I won some money, thanks to some Padre fans in the Army.

As a matter of fact, that whole 1984 season was about Detroit...the way the Tigers shot out of a cannon to start the season and dominated the rest of the league. When Detroit won the World Series, as expected, it was also the first time I saw a city riot in celebration of its team winning. Many people think that trend started in Los Angeles...uh uh, it was Detroit.

Go Cardinals!!!

You can do it and makes us Cardinal fans proud. Win the game in front of Your hometown and make Busch Stadium rock all the way to its foundation. Make this the 4th time in 10 years that the team known as the Saint Louis Cardinals makes it to the World Series.

I Believe!!!

Good win by Boston last night...and it was more of a MUST-WIN for them than it was for Detroit.

But the Red Sox can't relax. They aren't out of the woods yet because if they lose Game 6, that means they will have to beat Justin Verlander in Game 7.

As for the Dodgers, I said St. Louis would win in 6, and that is what will happen tonight...the Cardinals will win Game 6 to wrap it up.

Don't be fooled by the Dodgers offensive outburst in Game 5...that was an anomaly. It was a rare day game and it was 84°...you knew the ball was going to carry well. Tonight, back in the cold in St. Louis, those home runs will turn back into flyball outs. The Dodger bats will be silenced again...especially with Hanley Ramirez being ineffective with a broken rib and Andre Ethier being a shell of his former self.

Good win by Boston last night...and it was more of a MUST-WIN for them than it was for Detroit.

But the Red Sox can't relax. They aren't out of the woods yet because if they lose Game 6, that means they will have to beat Justin Verlander in Game 7.

As for the Dodgers, I said St. Louis would win in 6, and that is what will happen tonight...the Cardinals will win Game 6 to wrap it up.

Don't be fooled by the Dodgers offensive outburst in Game 5...that was an anomaly. It was a rare day game and it was 84°...you knew the ball was going to carry well. Tonight, back in the cold in St. Louis, those home runs will turn back into flyball outs. The Dodger bats will be silenced again...especially with Hanley Ramirez being ineffective with a broken rib and Andre Ethier being a shell of his former self.

Put the crack pipe away and watch the Dodgers and Kershaw shut them down

Put the crack pipe away and watch the Dodgers and Kershaw shut them down

Kershaw shut them down in Game 2 and they still lost 1-0. He gets the worst run support of any of the Dodgers starting pitchers. I don't see that trend stopping in Game 6.

Well, even though I predicted it, it was still painful to watch. Absolutely brutal demolition of the Dodgers by Saint Louis. 9-0! :bagoverhead:

Congratulations St. Louis. One team is in...now we await their opponent. Will it be Boston or Detroit?

For a Cardinals fan like myself, what a Fucking Baseball game!!! To a Dodgers fan, like Strider says, it must have been a very painful game to watch.

I will send my regards as well: Congratulations to the Saint Louis Cardinals!!! The next World Series Champions of 2013.

Go Cards!!!

Dodgers are dead huh? Who said that? Paul? Who the fuck said that? Kershaw goes today. Dodgers are going to take this fucker 7 and win

I never said that the Dodgers were dead but it looks like they are dead and dormant (and depressed) now. It may take the Los Angeles Dodgers another 25 years to get into the World Series. By that time, the STL Cardinals will have won at least 8-10 more World Series'.

Again, My Congratulations to the Saint Louis Cardinals. If They can keep playing Baseball like They played last night, the Sox or the Tigers do not stand a chance in Hell to beat them.

Edited to add: the Crack pipe I was smoking was absolutely wonderful. I got such a High. The glass dick that you were sucking on must have gotten you sick beyond comprehension. I guess it comes down to the Crack. Mine was Superior and yours was inferior. Like I said, maybe you will get some better Crack in the next 25 years. (I say all this in jest, I hope you realize this).

LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS, LED ZEPPELIN AND BREAKING BAD (WALTER WHITE)!!!

ALL THREE OF THESE ENTITIES HAVE GIVEN ME MORE PLEASURE THAN ALL THE CRACK I COULD TAKE AND I CAN TAKE ALOT OF CRACK (AND FLACK). I PREFER THE CRACK THOUGH.

We're battered and bruised and down to our last breath, but I gotta keep the faith. I guess at this point all one can say is that if Boston can beat the Cy Young winner twice in a series, I tip my hat to them and they deserve to move on.

Archived