2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

My pick to win the Central isn't looking too hot at the moment, don't know what's wrong with the Reds & and I was ready to put them up there as one of the National League's best after they won 2 out of 3 from the Nationals. I guess that's why people keep saying it's early.

My pick to win the Central isn't looking too hot at the moment, don't know what's wrong with the Reds & and I was ready to put them up there as one of the National League's best after they won 2 out of 3 from the Nationals. I guess that's why people keep saying it's early.

How in the hell does Cincy blow that game today??? Fucktards. Pittsburgh scored what? 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th to beat them? Can only happen to me.

Looks like it's going to be a pitcher's duel in New York tonight. Probably the first pitcher to make a mistake will lose the game...

Stupid ass call at 2nd base. The ump calls the Oriole player out and the second baseman dropped the ball. That is horse shit. Just like the ESPN announcer said

Gee, I guess it was too much to think the Angels could beat the Astros by more than a run. What are they going to do when they start to play real teams? Not get my money Ill tell you that.

Ha! They'll continue to get your money...you can't help yourself. I'll bet on that.

I know its still early in the season but I am enjoying it just the same...

East W L PCT GB WCGB L10 STRK HOME ROAD LAST GAME NEXT GAME Boston 8 4 .667 - - 6-4 W3 4-2 4-2 4/15 vs TB, W 3-2 4/16 @ CLE, 7:05 PM NY Yankees 6 5 .545 1.5 0.5 6-4 W1 3-3 3-2 4/14 vs BAL, W 3-0 4/16 vs ARI, 7:05 PM Baltimore 6 6 .500 2.0 1.0 5-5 L1 1-2 5-4 4/14 @ NYY, L 0-3 4/16 vs TB, 7:05 PM Toronto 5 7 .417 3.0 2.0 5-5 L1 2-4 3-3 4/14 @ KC, L 2-3 4/15 vs CWS, 7:07 PM Tampa Bay 4 8 .333 4.0 3.0 3-7 L3 3-3 1-5 4/15 @ BOS, L 2-3 4/16 @ BAL, 7:05 PM

The BoSox in first place and the Rays in the cellar, who had that at the beginning of the season? I know it's only April but I'm starting to believe in these Sawx. At the very least, the product on the field in Boston should be more enjoyable than the last 2 seasons.

I wonder if any shit is going to go down in Los Angeles tonight? Carlos Quentin not in the lineup for the Padres, so maybe no one will get drilled. Mets doubleheader tomorrow, maybe? Damn snow. <_<

The BoSox in first place and the Rays in the cellar, who had that at the beginning of the season? I know it's only April but I'm starting to believe in these Sawx. At the very least, the product on the field in Boston should be more enjoyable than the last 2 seasons.

I wonder if any shit is going to go down in Los Angeles tonight? Carlos Quentin not in the lineup for the Padres, so maybe no one will get drilled. Mets doubleheader tomorrow, maybe? Damn snow. <_<

The Dodgers skipper said earlier today there would be no retaliation

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-0415-dodgers-diamondbacks-20130415,0,4973522.story

Maybe not tonight, but somewhere down the road you have to expect a Padre is going to get some heat thrown near his head. Should be interesting to watch whenever it goes down.

Good lord, the Mets are a snow magnet. First Minnesota, now Coors Field, but they are expected to play tonight.

Absolutely Paul! Hopefully, when they get back to NY they can play in this tropical heatwave we have here. Well, not exactly, but certainly in comparison. Been in upper 50's mostly last few days. A week ago about 80. Should be in mid 60's here next few days. Ridiculous weather the Mets have come across lately. I want them to play. Last year, I would have said, "At least they didn't lose," when a game gets postponed.

The Mets come home Friday & who do they come home to, the Nationals & Dodgers; it might not be pretty! I wonder how these canceled games are going to affect the rotation. The schedule says Harvey pitches Friday against Strasburg but I think with the doubleheader tomorrow, Harvey's next turn will come on Thursday in the finale against Colorado. Guess I'll have to wait & see how things shake out.