2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Tejada just knocked in two with bases loaded with a single. Preceded by Wright with one. 7-1 Mets. No Halladay for Roy tonight! Love it and a nice start so far! Overall, the Mets are not hitting well as a team. .251 coming into tonight.

Matt Harvey looks like an ace tonight. Hope he keeps it up & a few more runs wouldn't hurt either. B)

Never can have too big of a cushion. A team gets hot all of a sudden and the bottom can fall out! Let's hope not. Harvey is in command tonight! Hope he keeps it up this year.

It is strange they have an off day so early. Don't get too excited, for one its only April. And we play I think 15 more times. A month from now none of this will be remembered. It looks like Kansas City is starting to wake up. The most shockinig score to me so far was the Cleveland over Tampa score. Price, who did not pitch that bad even though Chris Davis hit a 3 run shot on him when they played us. Is Houston really that bad? I thought they had a shot yesterday. And the Cubs are pretty bad too. As usual. I do not know how they can stand it every year in Chicago. The White Sox at least are good every year and did win that series a few years back. It was nice to see. I took a couple parlays today and I took Toronto over Detroit. Took the Nats too.

Blue Jays getting whooped again & Miggy just went deep. So much for all that preseason hype surrounding Toronto. :rolleyes:

The Rays got screwed big time last night. You never know if they would have come back & beat Joe Nathan but a game should never end like that. Hope that call doesn't cost the Rays a potential shot at the playoffs. It's a different sport but we saw how that blown call in Seattle cost the Packers a first round bye in the playoffs, hope this won't come back to haunt the Rays & that umpire.

Why the hell arent the Sox and Os playing today thats just stupid

Day after the home opener is almost always a day off. That way they have some leeway in case there was weather on the scheduled opening day.

I don't know EBK but I am concerned about Flaherty and Pearce. I just dont know if they are going to contribute offensively the way we need them to? The meat of our order is great. I like our starters and Bundy could be a big piece later on. Chen pitched well and got no support. We gave away game three of the Minny series on that stupid lost ball in the outfield with the bases loaded. Two guys lose the ball in the sun. I know its early. But I have high expectations of this team and why not? I wonder how long Buck will stay with guys that are not hitting? Cant wait until Betimit is back and I think he is better than Pearce.

April 9.....cannot believe how some are getting their panties in a wad! Barely 3% into the season, that's why I picked Toronto to not win the East but to be the series. They will come together in May and then roll. IF the Yanks can stay around .500 in June/July they can make a run at it! It's a loooong season as you all know!

Couldn't see the game tonight, but apparently the Mets got roughed up. At least one of the Phillies aces is dealing.

I know it's only April 9, but I still say Toronto is fool's gold. Maybe they'll prove me wrong or maybe they'll turn out to be baseball's version of the Lakers. Same story with the Dodgers, possibly.

The Yankees sure are getting fat off of the Indians, good lord. That's why I say you can't bury them.

Mets got spanked 8-3 by the Phils tonight! We'll see what kind of year the Mets have. I'd say around 75-85 wins for them. Depending on injuries and other things that are hard to predict over a full season.

Blue Jays getting whooped again & Miggy just went deep. So much for all that preseason hype surrounding Toronto. :rolleyes:

The Rays got screwed big time last night. You never know if they would have come back & beat Joe Nathan but a game should never end like that. Hope that call doesn't cost the Rays a potential shot at the playoffs. It's a different sport but we saw how that blown call in Seattle cost the Packers a first round bye in the playoffs, hope this won't come back to haunt the Rays & that umpire.

I left the game early and missed the last out, I watched that call at home. How he saw that a strike is crazy, his strike zone was all over last night.......Rangers look good again tonight, up 5-1 in the 7th Tepesch looks solid.

post-841-0-48091800-1365559885_thumb.jpg

I think the Mets are fortunate that in this early part of the season they don't have any real murderers on their schedule. Colorado has a winning record, but they got fat off of the Brewers and Padres. April 19 to the 25th should be telling, as the Mets face the Nationals and Dodgers. It will be a test to see how the Mets fare against the big boys, Atlanta included.

I think the Mets are fortunate that in this early part of the season they don't have any real murderers on their schedule. Colorado has a winning record, but they got fat off of the Brewers and Padres. April 19 to the 25th should be telling, as the Mets face the Nationals and Dodgers. It will be a test to see how the Mets fare against the big boys, Atlanta included.

Well put Paul. Just hope the starting pitching holds together. Need more than just Niese and Harvey, Need much better hitting as hitting about .250 as a team so far. As we say...it's still...you know!

Went to the Nats game tonight - a real slugfest. I believe there were about a million home runs hit... :)

A beautiful evening. I was a bit worried it would be cold (because it is April after all), but it was in the 70's. Lovely!!

Archived