2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

As soon as I talk shit about the Dodgers, Arietta loses his control and loads the bases again. Dodgers within a run. :rolleyes:

We need Bundy up here. Anyway, I was smart enough to stay clear of this game. I will never bet a sweep in baseball. its hard to sweep a team. So I took Toronto and Kansas City both and Toronto won and KC needs two more outs to put Boston away. Problem is, I bet them both with St Louis tonight. So i will have to not only wait, but suffer through that game. The Cardinals are far better than the Phillies in my book and will smash them

^^ So, you're going to be watching baseball tonight instead of the Heat. For shame. :P

It looks like the Pirates own the Atlanta Braves; Dillon Gee threw a lot of pitches today & couldn't make it out of the 6th inning, but the pen kept the shutout & the Mets take the series so I can't do too much griping.

:party:

Yesterday, the Boston Red Sox returned to Fenway Park for the first time since the bombings.

They held a special pregame ceremony to honor those who were wounded and those who helped the wounded, and those who helped apprehend the bombers.

It was a moving ceremony...Proud to be from Boston

^^ Facing the Astros, that seems like a good bet. I wouldn't be surprised if King Felix threw a no-no tonight. Rick, you got any action on your O's going up against the paper tiger Blue Jays?

Not tonight because I just dont have faith in Tillman like I did last year yet. He has to show me something. I believe the O;s should win but it may be a slug fest. As far as my theory to never bet a team that won the first two of a series, it worked yesterday. Houston and Miami are so bad I make them exceptions. They will be swept alot. But other than them, its tough to sweep a team in the big leagues. Maybe I throw the Cubs in there too. The Cardinals really stuck it up my ass last night. I had KC, Toronto and needed St Louis to make it a 3 teamer paying nicely. and St Louis has been scoring alot of runs just like Cincy.

^^ So, you're going to be watching baseball tonight instead of the Heat. For shame. :P

It looks like the Pirates own the Atlanta Braves; Dillon Gee threw a lot of pitches today & couldn't make it out of the 6th inning, but the pen kept the shutout & the Mets take the series so I can't do too much griping.

:party:

Ill be checking in on the Orioles of course as I bought the MLB package. Still have Center Ice and watch hockey but since my team is out of it, I have lost some interest. I wont watch the Heat until they get to the next round.

I am so glad I never came on here a month ago and shouted out loud about how great the Jays were gonna be...The season is in its early stage but Jaysus! they can really stink sometimes lol....hoping for "batter" days!.....Did you see what i did there?

peace

I am so glad I never came on here a month ago and shouted out loud about how great the Jays were gonna be...The season is in its early stage but Jaysus! they can really stink sometimes lol....hoping for "batter" days!.....Did you see what i did there?peace

good play on words and you got your point across!

^^ Dickey has pitched pretty well his last two starts, lowering his ERA to 4.30. And that knuckleball he throws does dance, you saw it last year when he was a Met & beat the O's throwing a one-hitter. It's going to be a good game.

He wont one hit us again. We will beat them

Archived