2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

^^ I'm looking at the O's schedule & apparently you are going to miss King Felix for that 3 game series, then it's off to Anaheim to play the Angels. Hope you have fun getting fat on the AL West.

I hope so but you can not count your chickens before they hatch. The Angels as disappointing as they are, are still not Houston Boston gets to feast on those bushers.

Tillman has struck out 7. Gettting out of jams. Now we have to get our bats going

The A's have looked like fish out of water so far

How about Jose Valverde getting his 2nd save for the Tigers. But I have to wonder how long he can get by just throwing fastballs. I think he threw 2 offspeed pitches today & neither were close to the plate. It doesn't matter how hard you throw it, eventually Major League hitters are going to catch up to it. Something Tigers fans should keep their eye on during the season.

How about these Orioles!!!! How about em folks!!!!!!!

6-2 in Oakland and on the verge of 3 st on the coast.

You've been getting some good starting pitching in this series, I know you like that. 3 up & your boy Gonzalez going tomorrow, maybe the sweep is imminent.

John Farrell appears to be the man. I'm certainly eating crow talking about before the season how the Sox and Yankees would be battling for last place (oops). smiley-confused002.gif

Watching a good Brewers/Dodgers game at the moment & enjoying the dulcet tone of Vin Scully.

I had the Brewers in that game topping off a great night for me. I am going to put a sawbuck at least on my O's to sweep the A's and fat ass Colon.

I just checked the standings, BoSox have the best winning percentage in the Majors. How about dem Sawx!!!!

I know its early but enjoying it and they are on the right path everything is clicking for them right now..how b out them SOX :toast:

Top 9 Red Sox set th sweep the Astros out of Boston they are leading 6- 1 to improve to 18-7

Yeah ok pal. Just ignore the job Baltimore is doing out west on Oakland. You wont be playing the Astros after today. You did not gain shit. The Orioles will be in first very soon.

Hmmm, the Sox next series is against the Jays, so you can probably book 2 out of 3 victories for Boston if not a sweep.

As for my Mets, all I can say is... smiley-sad016.gif

Harvey is starting tomorrow though, I at least have that to look forward to.

I would not bank on that. and we get Seattle. I would say the Orioles should win that series. Long way to go no doubt. Davis just hit one into the upper deck with one hand,. the guy is unreal. 9 HRs. Leads the majors in HRs and slugging. I need this sweep. have my balls on this game.

Another extra innings affair with the Orioles, doesn't your team ever get tired of those Rick? :D

They got a tarp on the field in Detroit, but the game is expected to start on time. And it's Justin Upton who's leading the majors in home runs. And might I add, those Royals are looking good.

Another extra innings affair with the Orioles, doesn't your team ever get tired of those Rick? :D

They got a tarp on the field in Detroit, but the game is expected to start on time. And it's Justin Upton who's leading the majors in home runs. And might I add, those Royals are looking good.

I cant believe I lose that fucking game on Matusz's bullshit pitch. I just bet the last of the Mojicans on the Injuns and Braves,. The Injuns are up 5-0. Braves just tied it up. Hey a humma humma humma

I'm watching the highlights, didn't seem like a bad pitch Matusz threw, Cespedes just went down & got it. Oh well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Now the Yankees get to feast on the Astros tomorrow, so no help from Houston as far as gaining ground in the standings for Baltimore. Such is life in the major leagues.

I'm watching the highlights, didn't seem like a bad pitch Matusz threw, Cespedes just went down & got it. Oh well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad. Now the Yankees get to feast on the Astros tomorrow, so no help from Houston as far as gaining ground in the standings for Baltimore. Such is life in the major leagues.

The schedule will even out. Ill take 3 of 4 in Oakland any day. On to Seattle. I am going to take your Mets tomorrow with Harvey. also, Angels, Dodgers, Baltimore. Check NBA for more

With nearly a month into the new season, some of my predictions are looking horrible, particularly in the AL. But as we all know, one or two weeks can change standings in baseball, never mind a few months. That said, I am quite happy that my favorite team is off to a great start.

I went to two Red Sox vs. Astros games this week. Man are the Astros bad. They don't have much going for them at all. The unbalanced payroll structure in MLB is really a shame, I wish it could change.

Yesterday I saw John Lackey pitch for the first time in over a year. I was shocked at how much he has slimmed down, it is not as apparent on television.

Archived