2013 Baseball Thread...

paul carruthers

Well, if you end up sweeping the Yankees, that would be a shock in my book, even with all their troubles, they are still the Yankees. But as I've said before, there's still plenty of time for the O's to run down the Red Sox, maybe the cream is rising....

Well, if you end up sweeping the Yankees, that would be a shock in my book, even with all their troubles, they are still the Yankees. But as I've said before, there's still plenty of time for the O's to run down the Red Sox, maybe the cream is rising....

Tillman tomorrow and Gonzalez and Hammel on deck to face the White Sox. I am looking for us to go on a tear. Davis is a wrecking machine. Jones, Machado, Wieters, Hardy, McClouth, Markakis. And the four starters right now that lead the voting for the All Star game do not include Matt Wieters. Not quite good enough with the bat early on so that may cost him. There is nobody better defensively. Machado, Hardy, Wieters, Jones should all win gold gloves. When Chen returns the starting rotation will be sound enough to really be good. We can throw Britton in there to rest guys and go on a 5 man rotation. I see Buck tried to get Strop some confidence back letting him finish off the Yankees. I wonder how long Johnson will remain in the dog house? Ha. That is how you handle things though. Buck is great. Man the Yankees have their hands full with Tillman. I hope the Jays beat Boston again. The Reds won me a three teamer in Texas and Detroit lost me one. All in all i am doing very well. I bet agaist your fucking Mutts already for tomorrow.

^^ Betting against the Mets, that should be interesting as the pitching matchup is the kid, Zach Wheeler vs. Gio Gonzalez. Should be a good game to watch.

I'm thinking the Tigers need to address their bullpen issues & soon. Don't know if that means trying to get Papelbon in a trade, but they need something, otherwise I may start to rethink my Wolrd Series pick.

^^ Betting against the Mets, that should be interesting as the pitching matchup is the kid, Zach Wheeler vs. Gio Gonzalez. Should be a good game to watch.

I'm thinking the Tigers need to address their bullpen issues & soon. Don't know if that means trying to get Papelbon in a trade, but they need something, otherwise I may start to rethink my Wolrd Series pick.

Yeah Paul, its real interesting, and fucking rewarding. Its 13-0 Washington. :bravo:

Okay...that worked out...

It worked out but it gave us a heart attack. Johnson has some issues right now. He best get them ironed out. I am pretty surprised Buck took him out of the dog house. Why not let Hunter finish it? He must have used 5 pitches in the 8th for Gods sake. Sometimes I just dont get these decisions but it ended well. Yankees swept!!!! On to Chicago. Boston gets San Diego on Tues. Its not as easy as it sounds. Then they go west.

How about the return of Brian Roberts? Now Buck has a decision. Roberts or Flaherty at 2nd? Roberts is the better hitter for average no doubt. defenseively? Tough call. I like what I see with Flaherty. Maybe someone has to ask Hardy but I doubt he would want to be put on the spot. Hardy is a great shortstop. Mark Belanger with the ability to hit. And hit with power. I see the 4 Orioles that are in the lead to start in the all star game. Personally I think I would have Machado in at 3rd over Markakis in right if I had to chose? But Markakis has the votes. Ill have to see who the 3rd baseman of choice is? Ah, unfortunately its Cabrera so cant argue that. But he should be written in as an alternate for sure. Nobody has hit more doubles at this point in time. That is pretty big. And he is 20!!!!

Hard to believe the Tigers and Indians are tied for 1st in the AL Central. Detroit definitely needs to address their closer issue for sure, I still like 'em to win that division but it might not be as easy as predicted earlier in the year.

And hopefully no rain delays in New York, so I can see Harvey pitch Wednesday.

Archived