Golden opportunity missed or not too late?

I think there is a golden opportunity here for Warner Music Group to set a net standard.

Since not many buy cd's anymore, if Warner were to release a mp3 copy of Monday nights historic show, curious how many would buy it? If the band would approve such a release, and do so within the next say three weeks, I think MANY would buy it. I know I would slap down some good money just just the audio. :D I would still buy the DVD next year too. :D

Curious how many would buy an audio mp3 if it were available?

I think there is a golden opportunity here for Warner Music Group to set a net standard.

Since not many buy cd's anymore, if Warner were to release a mp3 copy of Monday nights historic show, curious how many would buy it? If the band would approve such a release, and do so within the next say three weeks, I think MANY would buy it. I know I would slap down some good money just just the audio. :D I would still buy the DVD next year too. :D

Is it really necessary to ask us hardcore Zeppelin fans that question. The answer should be pretty obvious.

I agree with everything you just said

But the one complication is...do you really think they're done editing any the audio?

Perhaps if not, they could just release a raw copy of the audio. Sounds good to me.

If that was the only format available, yes. I'd prefer a format with better sound quality, but I'll take what I can get -- I just want a copy of the show to listen to and treasure.

I'd buy one any second, although better formats would be nice, or higher bit rates than the usual MP3's are...but that would be a first! I think it's going to take a loooong time and be delayed by album cover design and printing issues! ;-) They do stuff their way and be buy it or don't. I honestly don't think WB or the other guys listen to the public, unless it can be heard through the usual channels (stock exchange, press, etc.) but until that happens, I'll enjoy the various audience recordings.

Cheers, Percy

I honestly don't think WB or the other guys listen to the public, unless it can be heard through the usual channels (stock exchange, press, etc.) but until that happens, I'll enjoy the various audience recordings.

Cheers, Percy

Warner better start to listen.

More and more bands are leaving their record companies and selling their music on their own on the net. The Bare Naked Ladies, and I think Prince are two quick bands that come to mind. Madonna left WMG two months ago too and went to Live Nation. Again, Warner Music Group better start to listen because their business has changed. WMG trying to recreate itself as a management company wont help them either imo.

Would be a great move to release the entire O2 show via audio format. The sooner the better!!

I don't like mp3 at all. I've already pre-ordered a private release of the show on HD dvd.

Some of us have all the luck. <_<

But I'd take a proper multitrack mp3 over nothing. On the other hand, I'd rather have a proper lossless audio CD set, and of course the aforementioned DVD.

Beggars can't be choosers. And I'm begging. :lol:

I fell for the HD dvd trick after the Prince concerts. I got the HD DVD but somebody had just burned their mobile phone clips on to it. Luckily they'd also filmed their mum's house so I was able to track it dowm on Google Earth by switiching the 'Show House Numbers' function on. Turned out they only lived up the road so eventually after a stern talking to by her, they agreed to give me back my postal order.

Learn from my mistake kids. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Some of us have all the luck. <_<

But I'd take a proper multitrack mp3 over nothing. On the other hand, I'd rather have a proper lossless audio CD set, and of course the aforementioned DVD.

Beggars can't be choosers. And I'm begging. :lol:

I fell for the HD dvd trick after the Prince concerts. I got the HD DVD but somebody had just burned their mobile phone clips on to it.

I've known my source for over ten years. He's done some videography for Page & Plant

in the past. I'm not saying anything else because twenty five lawyers just logged in.

Lawyers? I should imagine that if your dude has genuine HD DVD, the cops are gonna be intercepting the post, mate.

I've known my source for over ten years. He's done some videography for Page & Plant

in the past. I'm not saying anything else because twenty five lawyers just logged in.

I probably wouldn't because I have no use for MP3's; they sound like shit and they are overpriced. I refuse to pay full price for degraded audio. Now if it's on CD I'm in.

Also for the record it's not Warner Bros. decision; it's the bands. Zeppelin owns 100% of their music and assuming they paid for the recording of the show (which for a band like that is the most likely situation) they own the master. They only need the label for distribution channels and promotion. The label effectively leases the recordings from the band. Please note this is not a common situation, rather this is the exception to the rule. It's always been that way for Zeppelin...

Archived