Meet the New Pope

Ace Of Spades

I do have an open mind, and it's about to become less cluttered. slave to zep: permanent ignore.

ok, so you ignore my posts, that's your right, though a rather childish thing to do, imo.

so you disagree with my ( and 33 others, so it seems ), view and your standpoint is to cover your ears and eyes.

i say that is most definitely a closed mind.

like the pleas of innocent children falling on deaf ears , he would rather children suffer than lose face

so it seems.

Agreed. Far too much of this has been covered up. Sounds like the U.S. government in a lot of their dealings. Like Bengazi!

it is a scary world we live in when this is not only happens, but happens KNOWINGLY.

....Wes, Wes, Wes.....................#34 is the number of people Steve has on ignore......I've been keeping track....

i just don't understand anyone doing this. such a childish act. imo.

That's a lot. 34 more than I have!

rediculous of him to do this, imo.

open discussion is what we need, not closed minds, doors and hearts

edited because my pc was printing words in the wrong spaces ...... dunno why.

it is a scary world we live in when this is not only happens, but happens KNOWINGLY.

i just don't understand anyone doing this. such a childish act. imo.

rediculous of him to do this, imo.

open discussion is what we need, not closed minds, doors and hearts

edited because my pc was printing words in the wrong spaces ...... dunno why.

34 .... maybe he's frightened of playing the devil's advocate

I've restrained myself from posting here due to fear of offending...someone...but may I recommend a book for anyone questioning/pondering the Bible: "The Gnostic Gospels" by Elaine Pagels. I haven't perused this whole thread so excuse me if someone has already mentioned it.

Pagels wrote the book in '79 and went on to follow-up with many other explorations of the politics involved in early Christianity...

Hey thanks Steve, I may watch this on Sunday now, thanks for posting (honestly!).....

Good thing that the Master's finale is next Sunday, or I may not have, lol.......(Hope you get this unless I am on "permanent ignore")

cheers, Fishy

Hey thanks Steve, I may watch this on Sunday now, thanks for posting (honestly!).....

Good thing that the Master's finale is next Sunday, or I may not have, lol.......(Hope you get this unless I am on "permanent ignore")

cheers, Fishy

nah, he likes to tell you when you are on his list. :)

if all that is true ( the story steve posted ) sounds like he is on the right track :)

nah, he likes to tell you when you are on his list. :)

if all that is true ( the story steve posted ) sounds like he is on the right track :)

I've kinda grown to like Steve. Just wondering if I can get a laugh out if him......He seems so serious a lot of the time........hey Slave when is your Plant concert again?

Pope Francis' Holy Thursday act draws ire from traditionalist Catholics; Easter to be big intro to his papacy

10:29 AM, March 30, 2013

ROME – When Pope Francis washed the feet of 12 young inmates at a juvenile detention facility near Rome, he broke with a tradition of holding the ceremony in the ornate setting of St. John Lateran's Basilica.

Some Catholics say his act on Holy Thursday is a sign of what his message will be on Easter Sunday, his first as pope.

"He is a very compelling and warm figure who has a message of serenity and joy," said Christelle Celerier, 41, a teacher who said she would attend Francis' Easter Sunday Mass at the Vatican. "He is the kind of spiritual leader who helps us remember the connection between the church and regular people."

Sunday, the audience will be quite different from the few people who witnessed Francis' feet washing, which recalls how Jesus cleansed the feet of his 12 apostles at the Last Supper.

Until recently the archbishop of Buenos Aires, Francis will celebrate Easter Mass in front of hundreds of thousands of pilgrims in St. Peter's Square. Many of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics will pay close attention to what he has to tell them.

Francis has made several public gestures since becoming pope to indicate how he will define the mission. He paid his hotel bill in Rome by himself and took a small apartment in the Vatican. In one of his first public appearances, he abandoned the protection of the bullet-proof popemobile to give blessings and greet well-wishers.

He made a point of demonstrating to his flock, his priests and cardinals that they must take the teachings of Christ to the world, in a humble and spiritual way. His remarks at his first general audience Wednesday may have been an insight into his message to come Sunday.

"Holy Week challenges us to step outside ourselves so as to attend to the needs of others: those who long for a sympathetic ear, those in need of comfort or help," Francis told thousands of people in St. Peter's Square.

"We should not simply remain in our own secure world — that of the 99 sheep who never strayed from the fold — but we should go out, with Christ, in search of the one lost sheep, however far it may have wandered," he said.

Friday, Francis recited in St. Peter's Basilica the Passion of Christ — the story of the last hours of Jesus' life and death by crucifixion. He presided over the Way of the Cross ceremony by the Coliseum, where thousands of Christians were martyred in Roman times.

The former pope Benedict, who resigned in February over ill health, took part in last year's ceremony from under a canopy. Francis, 76, was in the procession, and for part of the way, he shouldered the wooden cross symbolizing the one Jesus died on. Today, Francis was to partake in an Easter vigil in St. Peter's Basilica.

The Vatican wanted to have the new pope in place for Holy Week because it serves as a prolonged introduction. It marks the pope's transition from establishing his style and priorities at the start of his papacy and the work and challenges that await.

Italian Vatican watcher and author Paolo Rodari said Sunday's Easter Mass will symbolically serve as the end of the first phase and the start of the second.

After two weeks of rain and gray skies, the weather Sunday is forecast to be bright and sunny.

There should be few more prisoners serving time from his organisation (despite the pay offs ). maybe he kisses their feet or maybe their rings in private ,

How can he visit men and women who are doing time for their sins against society , when so many in his organisation are walking around Scott free.

he should have got 12 pedophile priests outside the Vatican and washed their feet ,then asked the families of their victims for forgiveness or prison sentence

I've restrained myself from posting here due to fear of offending...someone...but may I recommend a book for anyone questioning/pondering the Bible: "The Gnostic Gospels" by Elaine Pagels. I haven't perused this whole thread so excuse me if someone has already mentioned it.

Pagels wrote the book in '79 and went on to follow-up with many other explorations of the politics involved in early Christianity...

Yes, good read Scarlet. Let me recommend When Jesus Became God by Rubenstein, this is an excellent book and clearly shows the development of what we call modern christianity. Very few people outside of scholars and the catholic church (who willingly suppress such info) realize that modern christianity is VERY different from pre-4th century christianity. The first christians believed in reincarnation, Jesus was not god but either a prophet, divinely inspired human, or gods first creation respectively. It was the council of bishops under Constantine's (a pagan) control who turned from the original teachings and ideas of Jesus and combined some of those ideas with varied pagan influences (virgin birth, bodily resurrection after three days in the tomb, birth of Jesus, etc...). Most of those influences were lifted directly from Egyptian Mystery Schools, The Cults of Mithra & Sol Invictus, and Zoroastrianism. What we call christianity is simply a crazy quilt of several religions with Jesus at the center. If Jesus and His disciples were to walk the earth today and see what has become of christianity, they would once again turn over the tables in the temple. Bottom line, compared to what Jesus and his followers believed and lived, modern christianity is an abomination.

There should be few more prisoners serving time from his organisation (despite the pay offs ). maybe he kisses their feet or maybe their rings in private ,

How can he visit men and women who are doing time for their sins against society , when so many in his organisation are walking around Scott free.

he should have got 12 pedophile priests outside the Vatican and washed their feet ,then asked the families of their victims for forgiveness or prison sentence

Wes, he is hanging out with the people that Jesus apparently hung out with when he walked the earth....hate the sin, not the sinner..

Wes, he is hanging out with the people that Jesus apparently hung out with when he walked the earth....hate the sin, not the sinner..

“Methuseleh lived 900 years . . . but these stories you’re liable to read in the Bible, they ain’t necessarily so.”

All the people in Genesis lived to be around 900 years not including old f^^kers Gabriel , Hackett , Rutherford , Banks , Collins etc etc

Patriarch Age Bible Reference 1 Adam 930 Genesis 5:4 2 Seth 912 Genesis 5:8 3 Enosh 905 Genesis 5:11 4 Cainan 910 Genesis 5:14 5 Mahalalel 895 Genesis 5:17 6 Jared 962 Genesis 5:20 7 Enoch 365 (translated) Genesis 5:23 8 Methuselah 969 Genesis 5:27 9 Lamech 777 Genesis 5:31 10 Noah 950 Genesis 9:29

he is hanging out with the people that Jesus apparently hung out with when he walked the earth this must make them around 2000 years old ?

​Did Christ have a family in France ? Did he visit Glastonbury ?

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/adam-and-noah-live#fnList_1_1

I've kinda grown to like Steve. Just wondering if I can get a laugh out if him......He seems so serious a lot of the time........hey Slave when is your Plant concert again?

it was on thursday night. i put a review up in the news section :)

Yes, good read Scarlet. Let me recommend When Jesus Became God by Rubenstein, this is an excellent book and clearly shows the development of what we call modern christianity. Very few people outside of scholars and the catholic church (who willingly suppress such info) realize that modern christianity is VERY different from pre-4th century christianity. The first christians believed in reincarnation, Jesus was not god but either a prophet, divinely inspired human, or gods first creation respectively. It was the council of bishops under Constantine's (a pagan) control who turned from the original teachings and ideas of Jesus and combined some of those ideas with varied pagan influences (virgin birth, bodily resurrection after three days in the tomb, birth of Jesus, etc...). Most of those influences were lifted directly from Egyptian Mystery Schools, The Cults of Mithra & Sol Invictus, and Zoroastrianism. What we call christianity is simply a crazy quilt of several religions with Jesus at the center. If Jesus and His disciples were to walk the earth today and see what has become of christianity, they would once again turn over the tables in the temple. Bottom line, compared to what Jesus and his followers believed and lived, modern christianity is an abomination.

wow, i didn't know any of that! why isn't this more widely known?

Wes are you into the "pops"? and listening to Foxtrot?

When the first boxset came out of the Gabriel line-ups there was talk of a Gabriel , Hackett , Rutherford , Banks and Collins reunion to tour lamb , but it got changed because Gabriel pulled out , Hackett got dropped , so it became then there was three line-up

the lamb tour idea was taken up by a tribute act

When the first boxset came out of the Gabriel line-ups there was talk of a Gabriel , Hackett , Rutherford , Banks and Collins reunion to tour lamb , but it got changed because Gabriel pulled out , Hackett got dropped , so it became then there was three line-up

the lamb tour idea was taken up by a tribute act

and how does this tie into "Meet the New Pope"........

and how does this tie into "Meet the New Pope"........

Wes are you into the "pops"? and listening to Foxtrot?

fishhead, on 31 Mar 2013 - 02:10, said:

snapback.png

“Methuseleh lived 900 years . . . but these stories you’re liable to read in the Bible, they ain’t necessarily so.”

All the people in Genesis lived to be around 900 years not including old f^^kers Gabriel , Hackett , Rutherford , Banks , Collins etc etc

Patriarch Age Bible Reference 1 Adam 930 Genesis 5:4 2 Seth 912 Genesis 5:8 3 Enosh 905 Genesis 5:11 4 Cainan 910 Genesis 5:14 5 Mahalalel 895 Genesis 5:17 6 Jared 962 Genesis 5:20 7 Enoch 365 (translated) Genesis 5:23 8 Methuselah 969 Genesis 5:27 9 Lamech 777 Genesis 5:31 10 Noah 950 Genesis 9:29

he is hanging out with the people that Jesus apparently hung out with when he walked the earth this must make them around 2000 years old ?

​Did Christ have a family in France ? Did he visit Glastonbury ?

http://www.answersin...live#fnList_1_1

• 8 months later...

Archived