Meet the New Pope

Ace Of Spades

Hi Jules, I take the Bible for what it is, a Story Book that is open to Interpretation..

There is no way that I believe in the 'Immaculate' Conception, and that we are the only Intelligent life form, so yes I do believe that there may have been a more Intelligent life form involved. And not the 'Little Green Aliens' that ppl seem to think they would look like.

hi kate

i thought that was how you felt :)

Yes, I just made a parody sleeve concerning "Meet The New Pope."

If you want you may see the original album that was parodied, "Meet The New Boss" and vote on me we parody @ Am I Right.

BTW If you like parodies and never visited Am I Right here's your chance.

http://www.amiright.com/photoshops/n/natassja-noctis-meet-the-new-boss-1363868622.shtml

post-24930-0-04025500-1363992651_thumb.p

saw this on FB

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes.

But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense.

If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

Russell's original proposition

I will,Wally. In spite of your cleverness in posting I'll march onward like a good Christian Soldier, so you'll have more cannon fodder. How much self restraint did that take to not sign with a smilie? You could of used a frown but I am sure you are familiar with all those cute little guys.

Oh pups, I've been looking forward to reading your response during my absence from here....and as usual your level of douchebaggerey never fails to surprise me. In that time I've received a number of emails about how much you've bullied people around here at different times in the past and how they wanted to lend me their support - so I thought you'd unloaded a doosey. Pretty tame/lame for your standards, IMO. So carry on with your usual level of hypocrisy - believe me I can take anything you throw my way. Just for you....:rolleyes:

One small problem with that. I can crack open a skull and observe a brain, I cannot however observe god. A brain CAN be proven to exist, god cannot. Really bad and juvenile analogy.

exactly...just trying to have a little fun...you do have fun too don`t you....

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes.

But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense.

If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

Russell's original proposition

so true. :)

One small problem with that. I can crack open a skull and observe a brain, I cannot however observe god. A brain CAN be proven to exist, god cannot. Really bad and juvenile analogy.

yes, i saw that on fb also, and thought the same thing. :)

Not sure I can watch this, even without knowing the exact details...but have a good inclination of what they may involve!

it's a story about an australian man who, when he was 11 - 15 years old, his uncle abused him. his uncle was a catholic priest. the priest is in gaol now, but the then boy tells of how he went to a bishop who was also a family friend of the boy, and who had shared a flat with the priest in younger years ( knew him well ), and the man says that all the bishop asked was "how much will it ttake to keep you quiet? " . the bishop admits to the interviewer that the going rate was 50K with the stipulation that they never talk about it .....

disgusting.

Oh pups, I've been looking forward to reading your response during my absence from here....and as usual your level of douchebaggerey never fails to surprise me. In that time I've received a number of emails about how much you've bullied people around here at different times in the past and how they wanted to lend me their support - so I thought you'd unloaded a doosey. Pretty tame/lame for your standards, IMO. So carry on with your usual level of hypocrisy - believe me I can take anything you throw my way. Just for you....:rolleyes:

How ironic? You spew your rhetoric about Catholics and now you play the victim.

#34.......

1The Song of Songs, which is Solomon’s.

The Bride Confesses Her Love

Shea

2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth!

For your love is better than wine;

3 your anointing oils are fragrant;

your name is oil poured out;

therefore virgins love you.

4 Draw me after you; let us run.

The king has brought me into his chambers.

Others

We will exult and rejoice in you;

we will extol your love more than wine;

rightly do they love you.

She

5 I am very dark, but lovely,

O daughters of Jerusalem,

like the tents of Kedar,

like the curtains of Solomon.

6 Do not gaze at me because I am dark,

because the sun has looked upon me.

My mother’s sons were angry with me;

they made me keeper of the vineyards,

but my own vineyard I have not kept!

7 Tell me, you whom my soul loves,

where you pasture your flock,

where you make it lie down at noon;

for why should I be like one who veils herself

beside the flocks of your companions?

Solomon and His Bride Delight in Each Other

He

8 If you do not know,

O most beautiful among women,

follow in the tracks of the flock,

and pasture your young goats

beside the shepherds’ tents.

9 I compare you, my love,

to a mare among Pharaoh’s chariots.

10 Your cheeks are lovely with ornaments,

your neck with strings of jewels.

Others

11 We will make for youb ornaments of gold,

studded with silver.

She

12 While the king was on his couch,

my nard gave forth its fragrance.

13 My beloved is to me a sachet of myrrh

that lies between my breasts.

14 My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms

in the vineyards of Engedi.

He

15 Behold, you are beautiful, my love;

behold, you are beautiful;

your eyes are doves.

She

16 Behold, you are beautiful, my beloved, truly delightful.

Our couch is green;

17 the beams of our house are cedar;

our rafters are pine.

it's a story about an australian man who, when he was 11 - 15 years old, his uncle abused him. his uncle was a catholic priest. the priest is in gaol now, but the then boy tells of how he went to a bishop who was also a family friend of the boy, and who had shared a flat with the priest in younger years ( knew him well ), and the man says that all the bishop asked was "how much will it ttake to keep you quiet? " . the bishop admits to the interviewer that the going rate was 50K with the stipulation that they never talk about it .....

disgusting.

Agreed. Far too much of this has been covered up. Sounds like the U.S. government in a lot of their dealings. Like Bengazi!

Archived