George Jones dies at 81

Led Dirigible

oh no! he was my grandmother's (on my mom's side of the family) favorite singer. my thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, collegues, and fans. him and tammy wynette are reunited in heaven at last i'm playing frank Sinatra's my way right now in honor of him. so sorry to hear of his passing

Country music note..... number 14..........

Track listing

All songs written and composed by Dolly Parton except as noted.

No. Title Writer(s) Length 1. "Halos and Horns" 3:31 2. "Sugar Hill" 2:49 3. "Not for Me" 3:18 4. "Hello God" 2:57 5. "If" (cover of Bread, 1971) David Gates 3:17 6. "Shattered Image" 3:26 7. "These Old Bones" 5:35 8. "What a Heartache" 4:15 9. "I'm Gone" 5:04 10. "Raven Dove" 3:34 11. "Dagger Through the Heart" 3:51 12. "If Only" 3:38 13. "John Daniel" 5:00 14. "Stairway to Heaven" (cover of Led Zeppelin, 1971) Jimmy Page, Robert Plant 6:25

Country music note.......

^^^

Yes, we know...it's a well-known cover that garnered a lot of attention and comment when released. But it's off-topic to the point of the thread, which is the passing of legendary George Jones.

^^^

Yes, we know...it's a well-known cover that garnered a lot of attention and comment when released. But it's off-topic to the point of the thread, which is the passing of legendary George Jones.

Something tells me that lisamarie and weslgarlic are going to get along very well.

The generic RIP thread means there's no longer a need for these daily "dead threads" .

But whilst people feel a desire to pay respects, there IS a need. I can only repeat, the generic thread is your choice. You can't force that choice upon others, and repeatedly trying to do so in threads where people are paying respects is just inappropriate. This is the Ramble On section so it doesn't interfere with Zeppelin chat, which quite rightly still takes up the majority of this site. Please just skip over the threads that don't interest you - I do that all the time.

Sorry to have been involved in any derailment, RIP George.

Archived