11 August 1979 DVD

Geezer

Hello everyone. I'm looking for the highest-quality version of the second Knebworth concert. I have Return of the Dinosaurs but the picture quality is pretty shabby.

I'd like having something like this for the 11th:

9mRdM79.png

Hello everyone. I'm looking for the highest-quality version of the second Knebworth concert. I have Return of the Dinosaurs but the picture quality is pretty shabby.

I'm assuming this is for completist purposes, as I doubt you'll spend much time watching the 11th over the 4th. There was a DVD set out recently that had both the 4th and 11th Knebworths...it might have been EVSD...and it was the best quality 11th I had heretofore seen. I don't have the info at hand...I'll post as soon as I dig it up.

Unless one of the fine fellows or ladies here can provide the info first.

The EVSDVD release is called "Past, Present, Future" and it does have IMO the best version of the 11th.
post-21000-0-87744500-1368988188_thumb.ppost-21000-0-55968600-1368988210_thumb.p

I'm assuming this is for completist purposes, as I doubt you'll spend much time watching the 11th over the 4th. There was a DVD set out recently that had both the 4th and 11th Knebworths...it might have been EVSD...and it was the best quality 11th I had heretofore seen. I don't have the info at hand...I'll post as soon as I dig it up.

Unless one of the fine fellows or ladies here can provide the info first.

IMO, the 11th is fine up until Kashmir is over, from that point it's pretty much all down hill.

I'd have to concur with Sue & Strider on that one, although why the hell anyone would want to watch the 11th over the 4th is beyond me, but to each their own...

I've never really watched the 11th concert in full, but the 4th is no blistering/perfect performance either -- the mess-up in "No Quarter" makes me laugh every time.

I own the EVSD DVD-set, and it's definitely the best release of those concerts to date, aside from the official release.

I've never really watched the 11th concert in full, but the 4th is no blistering/perfect performance either

Watch the video of the 4th whilst listening to the 24/7/79 Copenhagen recording...easily the best '79 show they did!

Watch the video of the 4th whilst listening to the 24/7/79 Copenhagen recording...easily the best '79 show they did!

Agreed! The 2nd warm up show was far superior to the Knebworth gigs themselves, I guess the nerves and pressure got to them on the day. I remember a review of the first Knebworth show in the UK music press with the headline "Over the Hill and Far Away" - ouch!

I have an old VHS copy of the 11th Aug show (bought in the early 80s) with is good quality but the colour has to be turned down whilst watching it and i have no means of transferring it to DVD.

Archived