Bushfire Season Comes Early

Reggie29

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All good here, luvlz.

Cheers fore your thoughts.

We played a gig down the south coast of NSW today and main roads were closed with smoke everywhere.

It was clear, fine, sunny, hot and windy. Perfect conditions for a firestorm.

As far as I know the others aren't in any close proximity of the fires and nor am I at the moment but with these weather conditons predicted to continue for the next few days that could change.

Fingers crossed we'll get some rain soon.

Australia is now battling it's worst fire in years...Is Reggie29 and all our other Australian board members ok?

I forgot Reggie started this thread and instead posted in the Aussie thread in Meet & Greet about these fires a few days back ..... sorry.

Anyway, i'm in a safe area and not in danger, although there is an out of control fire west of me and 3 more to the north, but they won't reach me. Circumstances could change, especially with the worsening weather conditions over the next few days, but the fires are mostly running rampant down here in the National Parks. The smoke haze, smell and dropping ash is pretty horrible, but the severity depends on which direction the wind is blowing.

Wes posted a very touching poem in the thread I mentioned above about firefighters.

These incredibly brave men and women put their lives at risk every single time they go into a fire ..... and they do it all for us.

Having just experienced one of the largest fires in its history, California sends its love and well wishes for the safety and well-being of the men and women fighting the blaze in Australia and anyone in harm's way.

Archived