Whatever happened to...

kingzoso

...I cannot remember.

When I was a teenager back in the 1980's, I had all kinds of posters of Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and others on my bedroom walls. Of course this was about 25 - 30 years ago, but I do not remember whatever happened to these posters. The only thing I can think of is that they got "lost in the move" when my parents and I moved to New Jersey (from St. Louis) in the summer of 1987. I know that I would never throw away any of my Led Zeppelin posters (no matter how ragged or any other shape they may have been in at the time), but they were/are gone nonetheless.

Does anyone else have the Whatever happened to... about any of your possessions (prized or otherwise)?

Most of the items on my Whatever happened to...list were probably misplaced or stolen along the way. One that always comes to mind is an autographed color photo of Reggie Jackson (a baseball star). Reggie was an almost impossible autograph during his playing days, but a guy who provided equipment to him (gloves and bats) and other players got Reggie to sign a picture for me. I showed it to some friends in my home and then I never saw it again. I like to think perhaps it then slipped between the pages of an old copy of The Sporting News or was simply misplaced and will turn up again one day.

Nowadays, my Whatever happened to...list is usually on account of occasional computer viruses or inadvertent file deletions. This would include most of my Summer 2004 vacation photos from California, among many others.

For me, over the years it would be things like books and records that have vanished or been "borrowed" by friends, I also lost some stuff due to a shipping error or whatever you call your stuff ending up the twilight zone.

I can never seem to hang on to a Zippo lighter for very long either.

In the 80s I had a few autographed albums from bands I was into at the time. When I moved out to go to university I left them at my parents' house and a few months later they were gone. Most likely after a house party my brother threw they sprouted legs.

...I cannot remember.

When I was a teenager back in the 1980's, I had all kinds of posters of Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and others on my bedroom walls. Of course this was about 25 - 30 years ago, but I do not remember whatever happened to these posters. The only thing I can think of is that they got "lost in the move" when my parents and I moved to New Jersey (from St. Louis) in the summer of 1987. I know that I would never throw away any of my Led Zeppelin posters (no matter how ragged or any other shape they may have been in at the time), but they were/are gone nonetheless.

Does anyone else have the Whatever happened to... about any of your possessions (prized or otherwise)?

I know there was a time I probaly got rid of stuff,had kids and was focusing on that,about 15 years I got rid of all my vinyl and no you dont need to tell me how dumb,I cry thinking of it

I had many rock posters all over my wall when I was a teen. I had never thought about it at the time, but they were all male stars.....Bowie, Zep, Stones, The Who. Unbeknowest to me, this started to disturb Mom a bit, who I imagine was coming in to my room to clean and staring at all these weird dudes on the wall. I think she started to think I might be showing some signs of leaning the other way. I had no idea she had these suspicions.....and that's how I ended up with that classic Farrah Fawcett poster on my wall....she bought it for me out of 1970's gay fear. :hysterical:

...I cannot remember.

The one thing I have never lost is my Led Zeppelin concert stub. And I have lost alot of good stuff including a 1962 mint condition football card of Jack Kemp. I still wonder if my ex wife pawned it on me. Not like me to lose something like that once I found it in a Dr Seuss book decades later.

Baby Jane? :^)

I know the feeling and used to have so many Avalon, Fillmore, Fillmore West and Winterland posters. Where the hell did they go? Many of them are worth a fortune now and most cost a dollar back in the day. I also had a huge collection of 'Famous Monsters Of Filmland' magazines from the late 50', 60's and 70's. Those I gave to a kid I knew. Kinda wish I would have kept them now. :o(

Archived