2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Max Scherzer is looking like he might be Cy Young again...

Too soon to say. Do not forget this weather is not good to every pitcher. Tillman, my boy for instance I assure you will pitch far better when the days of summer are here. It may start tonight in Tampa. He is 3-1 so that is not bad even though he has had some rocky innings. Detroit has played a dick schedule so far. Lets face it. Who the hell do they play? I pulled that San Diego game out of my ass last night.

^^^ Say Hey!

Indeed, PC...one of the all-time legends of the game. Happy birthday to the Say Hey Kid!

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Joe Girardi losing his nut last night, although If I had to be objective, he did have a point, that Weaver pitch that was called a strike did look to be pretty low.

Yes, that was entertaining but Joe has a ways to go before he's even close to Earl Weaver's or Tommy Lasorda's level, hehe.

After the Angels pitching let them down in their weekend series against Texas, it was nice to play a team with seemingly worse pitching woes than the Angels. Still cannot believe that 8th inning...walk after walk after walk after walk...and with two outs no less. Angels didn't have to swing the bat. 49 total pitches thrown by the Yankee's pitchers in that 8th inning...most of them balls. For Yankee fans it must have seemed like Chinese Water Torture.

But who knows what happens tonight...it could be the Angels' pitchers who blow it as they have done this season.

^^^ Say Hey!

Indeed, PC...one of the all-time legends of the game. Happy birthday to the Say Hey Kid!

Yes, that was entertaining but Joe has a ways to go before he's even close to Earl Weaver's or Tommy Lasorda's level, hehe.

After the Angels pitching let them down in their weekend series against Texas, it was nice to play a team with seemingly worse pitching woes than the Angels. Still cannot believe that 8th inning...walk after walk after walk after walk...and with two outs no less. Angels didn't have to swing the bat. 49 total pitches thrown by the Yankee's pitchers in that 8th inning...most of them balls. For Yankee fans it must have seemed like Chinese Water Torture.

But who knows what happens tonight...it could be the Angels' pitchers who blow it as they have done this season.

Jeter is a liability now for the Yankees. Keep waving your bye bye's Derek. And by the way, he is the only Yankee I like. But he is killing them at the plate. You can pretty much count on a ground ball or KO when he comes up these days. I am surprised the Angels did not get to their middle relief and really do a number on them. Thanks for keeping my boys in first. We are in need of change. Like getting Britton into the starting rotation and getting Bundy and Gausman ready. Davis is due back on the 11th. It really has me concerned that the Orioles are not pursuing offers on Wieters, Hardy and Davis at the moment. Earlier attempts failed. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? We cannot lose Wieters or Hardy. No way. I would rather lose Davis than those two. One announcer recently said that Machado and Hardy could be the best defensive left side of the infield in the history of the game!!!! That is quite a statement. Brooks Robinson and Mark Belanger may be a good argument. Of course Hardy is ten times better hitter than Belanger. Angelos had better not fuck this up.

Big win for O's. I do not know why Britton is in the pen and Norris is a starter for the life of me. This will not last. I hope he pitches well tonight and wins, but I would not bet on him. I did do something stupid again. I bet the Mets at noon today. Yikes. They have to win someday. Same with Texas. What is up with Colorado beating the dickens out of them? Expect King Felix to pitch well against an Oakland team that all of a sudden has just hit a wall.

Watching the game highlights on MLB Network. Does anybody in baseball have a better closer than the Red Sox? It's hard for me to think of anyone who's better, maybe Kimbrel in Atlanta, but that's it.

Orioles are 4-0 vs. the Rays this year. That stat surprised me a bit....

Boy Houston is tough to watch. I seriously doubt they could play .500 ball against a AAA schedule. Can't hit, can't field, can't pitch....and the goofy manager Turner shifts people all over the field like it's a square dance out there. Reminds me of watching the 0-16 Lions....no one capable of making a single play.

It's early, but the Tigers are already beating the hell out of the Central division.

No doubt, the Tigers are the best team in baseball right now & Miggy is really heating up, but were there any doubts that he wouldn't start to hit as the season went on.

They have the best starting rotation. They do not have the best team. Our team has the best defense and its not even close. Guys that can win gold gloves, Machado, Hardy, Markakis, Wieters, Jones. Chance for a sweep in Tampa. Jiminez pitched great last out. I hope this is the beginning of a streak. Once we get this rotation set it will be a big help. I expect Guasman and Bundy to get a shot maybe in a month. Britton could start right now. He has been lights out. Hunter has given me some ulcers but he is getting through. Too bad Cincy could not hold that lead last night. They had the bases loaded in the 8th and came away with only 1. A rematch of one of the greatest series of all time. The Big Red Machine vs the Red Sox of Carleton Fisk. 1976 I believe. The other series as exciting was of course 1986 the Mets and Red Sox. Hard to believe the Mets. Just when you think they are finally turning it around, they have another stinker.

^ 1975, Reds v. Sox

1976, Reds v. Yankees

OK I thought it might have been 75 but I know Oakland played the Reds also back around that time. Its not easy to remember exact years almost forty years later . The point is it was one hell of a series.

Yes, I agree. The '75 series is when I started watching baseball and the '76 playoffs is when I became a Yankee fan - after watching Chris Chambliss hit the homer to beat the KC Royals to make the '76 series (only to get swept by the "big Red machine").

Hate these early starts when Angels are on the road. They're at Toronto and the game started at 10 am PST. Missed the first 5 innings because I was out getting concert tickets.

They won and that helps us. I saw the Angels in Toronto back in the 80's when they were still called California at the old stadium. You guys helped us out. Guasman will pitch for Norfolk tonight and Chris Davis will play for Bowie in AA. Just imagine that crown tonight. He is likely to play for Baltimore tomorrow. We keep winning and we stay in first. That is the plan,.

The Giants own the Dodgers this season. Own 'em... I'm sure redrum is happy about that. B)

Dodgers won yesterday. And I expect they will today too. My boys pulled one out of the fire. Hunter blows save. Rain delay comes. Looks hopeless. Then, they remove the tarp, load the bases and Clevenger hits one in the corner. 5 in a row but the bad news is out already. Wieters, whose jersey I don, is on the 15 day disabled list. Just when Davis is slated to return. And they are weighing their options. If Wieters does not heal by July 1st, surgery is an option. I sure hope not. No matter what, we have to keep this guy forever.