2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

I was sitting beside the dugout in Toronto, and watched them win against the New York Yankees this week, it was a fantastic time:

attachicon.gifThe Jays.jpg

Well not sure if you are there now. It appears Sale has done his job again and the White Sox have brought in another relief pitcher leading the Jays 4-2 in the 8th with one out and one on. I tell you these pesky White Sox are not easy to beat

So far the Orioles are ruining my day. They are like the Bills. Play up and down to their competition. I just do not know why they are hitting on the road far better than at home. Two more innings to come back. We will stay 1 1/2 out thanks to Sale. Lets see if Boston beats Tanaka? Victorino done

Going to the game today. Once again, the weather is fabulous...

Well I hope Gonzalez gets this out. 3-3 with 2 out and 2 on. Sack of shit he is. Buck just pulled his sorrry ass. We need to spend the money and go after this kid in Chicago

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Suddenly, that big lead the San Francisco G-Men had in the NL West has been whittled down to 1 game. I wonder if redrum is starting to sweat?

It's June Swoon all over again. :(

Gonna be a long season.

About half way up in the upper deck right behind home plate. The game totally sucked. Good thing there was a fabulous dinner afterwards...

Buck has some serious issues to address and right now. The Yankees have the same problem. Staring rotation. Gonzalez I have seen enough of . I say we MUST remove him now. He is killing us. Tillman is our main guy. Chen is good enough. Norris was doing great and was one of the top starters but now he is out for a while. We need to go after that guy in Chi Town. I do not want Price. Or someone else that is available"?

Kershaw is on a roll. I say he is going to win the NL Cy Young by the looks of it. Fernandez is gone so its a cinch. Dodgers starting to roll. Beat those big bad Cardinals AGAIN.

Yeah, suddenly that pick for Clayton Kershaw winning the NL Cy Young doesn't look so bad. Dude has lowered his ERA down in the 2's I believe & I have yet to check ESPN's stats page, but I'm sure he's up there with the NL League leaders for wins as well. Dodger Blue keeps rolling along....

Chris Davis played well enough at 3rd base. He did have one throwing error, pulling Pearce off of first but not by much. But he was pretty good the rest of the night. We need his bat to pick up. McFarland will start tonight to show how damn desperate things have become losing Norris. McFarland has pitched well out of the pen. Of course it helps to be playing a team that is a complete mess right now in Texas. But they are still dangerous. They are probably wondering how the hell they let Cruz get away? He leads the AL in most of the big hitting categories. Monster of a season. 4 more nights without Manny. Hats off to Tamps the way they beat the Yankees after blowing the save in the 9th. Then they had bases loaded and did not score. I thought they were going to lose but the Yankees were like 0-9 with runners in scoring position. Yankees have lost 7 of 9 and the Jays have left the door open. Even Boston and Tampa are still alive

Well if these scores hold up I may be breakin some balls later tonight. A friend who is a Yankee fan and does not seem to believe or understand the mess they are in. I know every team in the East has problems including my O's. But when you have Jeter and Roberts at ss and 2nd and Jeter is waving goodbye every at bat, you in trouble. And the pitching is a concern with most, Tampa right now are getting great pitching all of a sudden. I seriously think someone needs to check them for foreign substance. We are going to beat Texas perhaps all 3 as we have Tillman going tomorrow, our best guy. Jiminez is finally coming around. The Dodgers are now finally on fire and in first. Beckett goes tonight and I expect him to win. Kershaw is just spectacular. Right now second to no one. Last night , going back to the yankees, somehow Roberts the ex O hits a HR in the 9th temporarily saving the Yankees and blowing the save. He hit one out around the ankles. How often is that going to happen? Then in extras Tampa blows a bases loaded and still managed to beat them with a two out single, a steal and a single. Now for those Blue Jays hanging by a thread. I tell you now that thread will break before the fireworks go off on the 4th of July.

Cubs win again in Boston. Maybe they are turning the corner. They have played well at times this year. My O's hammered Texas again and its clear Texas has major issues. Tillman today. A chance to catch Toronto. Hoping the Brewers beat them today. I think Tampa will likely beat the Yankees again. They have that pitching staff on fire in Tampa. I cannot believe the Dodgers last night. How does Beckett get rocked by the Injuns like that?

A lot of sweeps going on in the majors. Tigers sweep the A's--is Detroit back to being the machine they were earlier in the season. Every team has a bit of a swoon at some point in the season, maybe Detroit had theirs and now they are back on track.

As soon as the Dodgers grab a share of 1st, they drop 2 straight to the Indians. Funny, this game of baseball.

A lot of sweeps going on in the majors. Tigers sweep the A's--is Detroit back to being the machine they were earlier in the season. Every team has a bit of a swoon at some point in the season, maybe Detroit had theirs and now they are back on track.

As soon as the Dodgers grab a share of 1st, they drop 2 straight to the Indians. Funny, this game of baseball.

They have Oakland's number. Expect Oakland to pay back Toronto with the Jays having to fly 3000 miles and face gray. How about those Cubbies sweeping and exposing the Red Sox? We can sweep Texas 4 st if things go well vs Darvish. Easier said than done. But Chen has been good too. I am hoping tonight is the night we catch Toronto. WE are right there, unlike the Yankees who are slip sliding away.

Orioles in first place!!!

Congrats. Now you just have to hope they can hold on to it & whether or not the Blue Jays will revert back to their old ways & fall out of the division race. I think the Yanks will continue to plummet as well, so the division might be Baltimore's for the taking. Emphasis on the word might.