2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

We brought up another rookie to platoon in Center with Rajai Davis. That'll make three rookies in our starting lineup. That scares me for the Fall. Somebody's going to go in a 5 - 54 slump. Starting pitching wasn't our problem the last two Octobers, so I see this as a long-term move to replace Scherzer. Price is only 28, and left-handed too, so I don't see giving up Smyly as a big deal. I'd make this trade anytime, especially when you're in contention.

Scherzer, Verlander and Price as a 3-headed monster in October. On paper that seems like a daunting task, as much as you may not want to hear it Rick--but as you said, they still have to play the games...

OK. So Jones, Davis and Cruz are going to be easy outs. We have a good young chore of starters and the best damn bullpen in baseball. The most hitting power in baseball. Lets get this party started

Well, whatever happens, this looks like it's shaping up to be one hell of an October. I can hardly wait....

baseball_zpsa6498512.gif

It might be one hell of an August and September first. Hey King, are you happy with your Cardinals making that deal and trading Kelly? Isnt that shaky? For Lackey?

My report card for the final day of trading in MLB (early and without knowledge of Milwaukee's move)

Boston A realized the ship was sinking and did what they had to do moving forward

Oakland B Would have gotten an A if they did not have to give up Cespedes, and I still like Lester a tad more than Price

Dodgers C Stood pat. Is that going to cut it? Time will telll

Baltimore A Got exactly what they wanted, a good solid lefty in the pen, to bolster an already solid pen

Phillies F Desperately needed to make a move and did nothing

Yankees C Do not like the players they got and have a guy going to a position he never played

Tampa B At least realized it was time to raise the white flag.

Detroit A Makes them once again the best starting rotation in the game, assuming Verlander is still Verlander?

St Louis C If this pans out, it could turn into a B+ but its risky as hell

Toronto D I saw nothing

Edited by LedZeppfan77

What has Oakland done?!?!

You don't approve of what the A's have done? As I said before, the A's management is apparently tired of being "one and done" in the playoffs and they are putting all of their chips in to try and win it all this year. Only time will tell if those moves will work....

I really cannot believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals traded Allen Craig and Joe Kelly to the Red Sox for John Lackey. Is Lackey that much of a great pitcher that the Cardinals trade Craig and Kelly?

I like(d) Allen Craig and his contribution(s) that He gave and made to the Cardinals that helped the Cardinals to the NLCS Championship 3 years in a row (2011-2013). At least He has a World Series Ring that He can add to His career. (I almost feel the same way when I heard/read that Carlos Beltran went to the NYY). Sad and Reluctant, but always Hopeful and Positive.

For those that read this: does this make the Cardinals a more and better viable candidate to return to the NLCS and possibly to MLB's world stage, i.e the World Series?

Edited by kingzoso

I really cannot believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals traded Allen Craig and Joe Kelly to the Red Sox for John Lackey. Is Lackey that much of a great pitcher that the Cardinals trade Craig and Kelly?

I like(d) Allen Craig and his contribution(s) that He gave and made to the Cardinals that helped the Cardinals to the NLCS Championship 3 years in a row (2011-2013). At least He has a World Series Ring that He can add to His career. (I almost feel the same way when I heard/read that Carlos Beltran went to the NYY). Sad and Reluctant, but always Hopeful and Positive.

For those that read this: does this make the Cardinals a more and better viable candidate to return to the NLCS and possibly to MLB's world stage, i.e the World Series?

Just like me you had better worry about the division first dude. Are you kidding me? Do you think this is a damn walk in the park? You are NOT in first place. So you have to first win the division and you have a huge series with Milwaukee coming up. We finally will be done with a two week battle vs the AL West on Sunday. All 3 teams are likely to be playoff teams that we have been playing. We go to Toronto Tues and that is going to be big. We had to go deep into the pen last night. Hopefully Chen is on and I expect Miller will be called upon for his first appearance as an O? Good luck, and worry about the division before you start talking NLCS. Do you really think you guys are going to be favored over the Dodgers or Washington?

I was too kind to Tampa giving them a B. they got totally screwed for Price. I cannot believe that GM did that

Edited by LedZeppfan77

I guess Cliff Lee's trade stock just went down--if the Phillies had any plans of moving him at all?

He walked off with an injury similar to the one the Angels pitcher had. Middle of game was it not? I have watched alot of MLB channel today. So many opinions. At least I like one thing. CBS expert panel picks my Orioles to win the East across the board. Chen tonight. Go O's. Where is our green buddy from St Louis? How do you like your chances vs the Brewskies?