2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

The playoffs start today. Oakland vs Texas and the King goes for Seattle vs an Angels team that will likely rest players. Seattle must pray Texas can pull it off. No reason to believe they can't as Texas has played very well since Washington stepped down. Oakland has lost their ability to hit. Lets say for argument they do force the playoff game tomorrow. Seattle will have to go with Elias as their best two guys just pitched.

KC can still catch Detroit. Minnesota is hitting the ball well and will like nothing more than to beat the Tigers on their final day. I hope Buck puts the playoff roster on the field today. Walker and that kid Casila are not ready for the majors.

Well the matchups are all set. The wild card games will be fun to watch this time as we escape the anguish of having to play in one. Oakland at KC? I like KC. I just do not like the way Oakland finished. Lester or no Lester. San Fran at Pittsburgh should be fun to watch. I have no opinion whatsoever. Too tough to call.

St Louis (congrats King) at Los Angeles no doubt Wainright vs Kershaw in game 1

Detroit at Baltimore I know we are sending Tillman. Unless Buck changes his mind. I would imagine they go with Sherzer?

I do feel bad for the Mariners. I thought they were better than Oakland

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Well the matchups are all set. The wild card games will be fun to watch this time as we escape the anguish of having to play in one. Oakland at KC? I like KC. I just do not like the way Oakland finished. Lester or no Lester. San Fran at Pittsburgh should be fun to watch. I have no opinion whatsoever. Too tough to call.

St Louis (congrats King) at Los Angeles no doubt Wainright vs Kershaw in game 1

Detroit at Baltimore I know we are sending Tillman. Unless Buck changes his mind. I would imagine they go with Sherzer?

I do feel bad for the Mariners. I thought they were better than Oakland

Thanks LedZeppfan77. I would like to congratulate all the teams that made it to the 2014 Major League Baseball Post-Season.

This years World Series has the very interesting potential of having a series between the St. Louis Cardinals versus the Kansas City Royals (in the 1985 World Series against these two teams it was dubbed the "I-70 series"). I-70 being the interstate highway that links these two cities.

A California series between the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the Los Angeles Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants. I am sure that Strider would prefer this possibility.

And obviously a "Beltway series" between the Baltimore Orioles and the Washington Nationals which I know for a fact that LedZeppfan77 and ebk would most enjoy.

There might be more similar potential match-ups but these are the obvious in-state or near state/district matches that I can think of at the moment.

Of course I would prefer the "I-70 series" between the Cardinals and the Royals, however, in all actuality, I really do not care who the Cardinals play as long as Saint Louis makes it to the World Series (again).

May the BEST TEAMS WIN, even though that is not always the CASE.

GO CARDINALS!!!

Edited to add:

With all the Hype and Pomp that LZF77 has posted about his team, I really hope that the WS will be against his Orioles and My Cardinals. I post this in fun and competition and not to "ruffle" your feathers (pun definitely intended).

Besides the Wild Cards in both the AL and NL, there are days off of the teams that are Division Winners that will start later this week.

Game one of the Cardinals versus the Dodgers. Adam Wainright versus Clayton Kershaw. It seems like a Pitchers Duel made for Hollywood, which happens to be in Hollywood. Who writes the script? And who ultimately prevails?

Edited by kingzoso

With one swing of the bat, the Oakland A's may have just won this game. I don't think tonight will be a high scoring affair--2 runs may be enough.

But it's still early, so we'll see if KC can push across some runs....

With two swings of the bat KC may have just won this game. I want KC big time. For their long suffering fans. I can relate. Go Royals. And I did bet them also

Yeah, I'm still wondering if that baserunning blunder by KC in the bottom of the 1st will come back to haunt them--but the Royals can play "small ball" better than anyone. I'm kind of pulling for KC too. Hope "Big Game James" can live up to his moniker....

He is in a groove and they have a great bullpen. This score may not change. Yes, I have KC and under 6 1/2 for the record. But I have them flat more. I just want Melvin and Anderson and their box of Cocoa Crisp cereal on the next plane back to Alcatraz. They cannot hit. And we know the Angels will murder either of these teams. Let the KC fans get some long overdue enjoyment. just like Pittsburgh got. I was 28 years old the last time they were in the playoffs. Hammered at a Philly hotel after seeing the Bills and Eagles in the afternoon. Still remember them and George Brett winning that game 7. I think it was 9-0 over those big bad St Louis Cardinals. :hysterical:

I go to the pen now. Good move

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Heh, James just got sent to the showers, so we'll see just how good this Royals bullpen is. Whoever wins this game, I'm not so sure the Angels will slaughter them. Runs seem to come at a premium in the postseason--you can't necessarily count on a lot of 3 run homers to win games--but I could be wrong...