2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Yeah, Sanchez is making me look real smart with my gas can remark. He may be able to get it to Nathan in the 9th--although Nathan is hardly a sure bet to sit 'em down 1-2-3....

It appears they may put Chamberlain in? I hope so. The only problems is can we keep them from getting more runs? I might have considered Miller to face victor M? But Gausman is throwing smoke. but has been off the zone a bit here

I'm guessing right now you love Soria too. And depending on who wins this, I'm guessing Brad Ausmus will be getting some questions as to why he pulled Sanchez after the 7th inning...

This is why Buck had the edge. Britton must take care of business. Cabrera cannot hit unless they bring 6 hitters to the plate. Bottom of their order is up. No excuse. Britton time. Lets go Zach. Nail them down

I hesitate to call a series over after 2 games--I still remember when I did that after the Reds went up on the Giants a few years back--having said all that, it's hard for me to imagine Detroit overcoming the powerhouse that is Baltimore right now....

This team has the Magic. Detroit is far better than the Angels or KC. I watched that game last night. What a joke. This Orioles team can overcome anything. I am calling into that sports show tonight. 1180 WHAM, on your dial. Gonna light his ass on fire. And Price is just a sweet looking thing to me. We know him. We know how to beat them. We are going to have his ass on the ropes by 4th inning

Come on Bongman. Talk some shit now. Cabrerra is a sack of shit. Making gestures to fans. I used to respect him. No longer.

Giants up on the Nats--wouldn't be surprised if the G-Men took this series, although this game is far from over. But the Giants know how to get it done in the postseason and even though he has 2 trophies, I still think of Bruce Bochy as one of the more underrated managers in the game--if that's possible given the hardware he has....

I just downed 7 beers after that game. That might have been the worst Tigers game I have ever watched. Before I go on my rant, hats off to the Orioles. They are playing possessed, and if any team in the playoffs appears to have a destiny it is certainly them....and it's not lost on me that they are accomplishing this without their best player. Teams win World Series, not individuals.

But hey....was I right about Ausmus ? I didn't like this guy when he was a catcher, let alone a rookie manager that was given the keys to drive this car. Did you see how pissed Verlander was when he took him out ? WHY ? So he gave up a couple runs....it's a frickin' band-box ! Then he brings in the same two pitchers ( Jobba the Hut & Soria) that got killed less than 18 hours previous ! Sanchez was doing fine...he's a starter...you're telling me he couldn't go another inning ? Would you have taken him out after two if he was making his first start ? It's obvious he had good stuff....you had a day off win or lose....it's the f*ckin playoffs....you're paying the big buck....LET THE MAN PITCH !! And he leaves in Jobba Fat Man when he's throwing straight balls ! WTF ?? I would have pulled his sorry ass after hitting the batter. DAMN am I pissed !

But it ain't over....it looks glum I know. But sometimes the wins in these short series go home and home.....and the hardest thing to do is close the door.

I just downed 7 beers after that game. That might have been the worst Tigers game I have ever watched. Before I go on my rant, hats off to the Orioles. They are playing possessed, and if any team in the playoffs appears to have a destiny it is certainly them....and it's not lost on me that they are accomplishing this without their best player. Teams win World Series, not individuals.

But hey....was I right about Ausmus ? I didn't like this guy when he was a catcher, let alone a rookie manager that was given the keys to drive this car. Did you see how pissed Verlander was when he took him out ? WHY ? So he gave up a couple runs....it's a frickin' band-box ! Then he brings in the same two pitchers ( Jobba the Hut & Soria) that got killed less than 18 hours previous ! Sanchez was doing fine...he's a starter...you're telling me he couldn't go another inning ? Would you have taken him out after two if he was making his first start ? It's obvious he had good stuff....you had a day off win or lose....it's the f*ckin playoffs....you're paying the big buck....LET THE MAN PITCH !! And he leaves in Jobba Fat Man when he's throwing straight balls ! WTF ?? I would have pulled his sorry ass after hitting the batter. DAMN am I pissed !

But it ain't over....it looks glum I know. But sometimes the wins in these short series go home and home.....and the hardest thing to do is close the door.

You are absolutely correct that they should have let Sanchez continue. And I have to laugh at the Orioles fans giving Joba a standing ovation when he came out of the pig pen. Laughin my ass off. But you are correct about the pitching. Hey King, your Cardinals are getting fucking blown out by Kershaw and the boys in Blue. bongman, the Orioles are not going to lose three in a row. Sorry. But I cannot imagine it. They may be the best road team in baseball. And I do believe they are a team of destiny

If we close this out, I wonder if Buck will sign Davis onto the ALCS roster? And will he let Chen pitch again? I would not

I can win $125 if Kershaw can hang on in this damn game

Giants up on the Nats--wouldn't be surprised if the G-Men took this series, although this game is far from over. But the Giants know how to get it done in the postseason and even though he has 2 trophies, I still think of Bruce Bochy as one of the more underrated managers in the game--if that's possible given the hardware he has....

GOooooooooo GIANTS!! :)

Archived