2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Must keep getting Oakland out and get that winner. Gordon is their best guy IMO No that was Perez. For once we want the same thing King

How about that? We seem to agree on this. On this. I know that WE will disagree on a lot more before this Post-Season is over. When that does happen, I will promise to be Civil, only a promise. If it really does come down to the Orioles and the Cardinals, who knows what can happen. Good Luck to your Baltimore Orioles. I am not so sure you want to wish Me the same. Just kidding.

Come on Kansas City!!!

Edited by kingzoso

How about that? We seem to agree on this. On this. I know that WE will disagree on a lot more before this Post-Season is over. When that does happen, I will promise to be Civil, only a promise. If it really does come down to the Orioles and the Cardinals, who knows what can happen. Good Luck to your Baltimore Orioles. I am not so sure you want to wish Me the same. Just kidding.

Come on Kansas City!!!

Well good luck. Man I hope KC gets a hit here.

If they lose I blame the manager for allowing that sack of shit bat with a 120 average in a monster situation. I would rather give Shields the bat. What a joke. Now they must stop them again. Oakland went south with their bats after the Cespedes trade and its a miracle they have 7 here. KC must win this soon or else. Where in the Dickens is Gordon?

Well Rick.....We've got a loaded weekend of action ahead....The Orioles against the Tigers, and the Bills against the Lions. I can't express the total joy I felt when I saw the start times announced....5:35pm games are right up my alley. Get off work at 3:30pm, crack a beer and start the barbeque...I like it !

I see this series as dead even. Your regular season record is better, but we've got post-season experience on our side. Your injuries more than make up for our bullpen woes. May the best team win !

I have 3 problems with the Tigers....Nick Castellanos (3rd base), Eugenio Saurez (SS), and Brad Ausmus (Manager). Somewhere along the way, our rookies will prove to be a problem. The whole right side of our infield has never played a meaningful game in September, let alone October. But our starters are ready, Miggy is ready (what a September !), and I'll be very surprised if this doesn't go 5 games.

If last night's game between KC and Oakland taught baseball fans anything it's that it ain't over until it's over.

I actually agree with you, however, I was watching the whole game and it seemed that once that SF dude hit the grand slam, the whole crowd and the Pirates knew that it was probably over at that point. That, and Madison Bumgarners pitching was outstanding. He pitched a 4 hit complete game with 8 strikeouts and only 1 walk.

I said this in an earlier post, being a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, the only team that I really "fear" are the San Francisco Giants. Without getting into real specifics, I hope that the Washington Nationals defeat the San Francisco Giants when they play each other. I really think that the Cardinals will be able to take care of the Dodgers. They did last year and should do so again this year. I do not know or kept track of the Nationals besides that they have a good team and better record then Saint Louis. Regardless, Saint Louis has the better Post-Season experience other then the Detroit Tigers.

Go Giants!! :)

Bumgarter is the real deal. Some are saying Pittsburgh made a huge mistake going for the division Sunday and using Cole. They said it was hopeless with the Cardinals using Wainright vs Arizona. The Diamondbacks lost their power hitter besides in Goldshmidt earlier on.

Just so you know. Nelson Cruz vs Sherzer .440 average.

Okay... leaving work now to go to the ballpark.

I'm excited!

How in the devil did you get tickets? I heard it was sold out in minutes? You must be a season ticket holder? Anyway, Lets hope for the best . I have watched a ton of analysis. The guy on MLB now picks the O's to win it. There is alot of support on both sides. Something to note. Cruz vs Sherzer .440. Adam Jones, .500!!!! Shocker or what? I am sure Bongman has an opinion. Well Bongman do you feel better about the Tigers or the Lions? Lions, and Tigers and Orioles, Oh My!!!!

Go Orioles!!! Have a good time EBK and bring us some luck. Today may be a tough one. They have their best guy up and their one man bullpen Sanchez is rested. He is the only guy in that bullpen that has a snowball's chance in hell of getting through this 9 man lineup that looks just plain scary. I mean, Schoop is hitting 9th for Gods sake.. There is no easy out on this roster.

It's almost time for first pitch. We'll see if the O's continue to live and die by the home run--I'm the smart guy who says that could be dangerous in the postseason, but then again the scores from the last 2 nights has shot that all to hell. Nothing from this series would surprise me--the Tigers win, people will say that's what they should do; the same probably goes for Baltimore.

I'm just hoping for a great game...