2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Well Rick was right about Indy! :sos:

Yeah, that's because he paid those refs who practically gift-wrapped that victory for Philly with those two horrible gaffes late in the game. :P

First, the non-call on the pass interference when Philly intercepted the ball late in the fourth quarter. Indy was up 7 and about to tack on another 7, or 3 at least, when that happened.

Next, on Philly's ensuing drive, Indy tackles the Philly RB for a loss, making it 3rd and long. Wait, a ref has called a 15-yard personal foul for a horse-collar tackle that WASN'T!!!! EVERYONE in the studio, in the officials booth, in New York, in the world, knows that was a bogus call. So instead of Philly having a 3rd and long in their own territory, they have a first down near midfield.

No matter...the final blame rests not with the refs. After Philly tied the score against an obviously gassed Indy defense, there was still enough time for Andrew Luck to march down the field and kick the winning field goal.

Except that the Indy coaches turned into wimps. Instead of trusting Luck and putting the game in his hands, they called two predictable boring runs up the middle that netted zero. Now you're in third-and-long and the Eagles pass rushers can pin their ears back.

Once Philly got the ball back, it was a foregone conclusion that the Eagles would win. Thanks a little to the refs. But also a big thanks to the Colts coaches for turning into pussies.

Call a game like a wimpy coward, and you deserve to lose like a wimpy coward.

And even though Indianapolis is now 0-2, re Walter's question, it's not that surprising to me as the Saints being 0-2. The Colts, remember, are the team that gave up 45 points to Kansas City last year. And Kansas City was another playoff fraud that used smoke and mirrors (and an easy schedule) to get to the playoffs.

I just hope Eagle fans are not getting carried away with their 2-0 start--they will win the division, but is winning that division anything to beat your chest about... the Eagles will get into the playoffs, but how far they will go is another matter entirely...

To me they are by far and away the best team in their division. I believe it will be a total run away for the Eagles. Beating the West will be the true test it seems. New Orleans was exposed in Cleveland. Green Bay was exposed by the Jets even though they won the game. I do believe the Lions are the trickiest damn team in the NFC. On any day they can kill you. The game at Carolina I would not read into too much. I believe they will maul the Packers on Sunday.

This news may affect some of your picks this week fellas...and gals.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11542076

Denver's Wes Welker, Dallas' Orlando Scandrick, and St. Louis' Stedman Bailey are immediately eligible to play because of this new agreement. Basically granted amnesty.

Strider,I'll stick with my picks(and get waxed AGAIN!) :yesnod:

Tom Flores better get into the HOF!Where the heck is Jim Plunkett?

Plunkett-on-SI-Cover.jpg

^^^

Yeah, I'm not changing my Seattle pick either. 12th Man will be in effect...and it won't be 120° like it was in San Diego last week.

I don't understand Tom Flores not being in yet...he coached 2 Super Bowl Champions to Madden's 1. Poor Jim Plunkett...all those years being battered in New England. At least he finally found the promised land with the Raiders...he and Flores were the QB/Coach combination for those two Super Bowl wins.

I guess Plunkett's regular season stats aren't gaudy enough for some HOF voters.

^^^

Yeah, I'm not changing my Seattle pick either. 12th Man will be in effect...and it won't be 120° like it was in San Diego last week.

I don't understand Tom Flores not being in yet...he coached 2 Super Bowl Champions to Madden's 1. Poor Jim Plunkett...all those years being battered in New England. At least he finally found the promised land with the Raiders...he and Flores were the QB/Coach combination for those two Super Bowl wins.

I guess Plunkett's regular season stats aren't gaudy enough for some HOF voters.

:goodpost:

Flores was also the first Hispanic starting quarterback and the first minority head coach in professional football history to win a Super Bowl.

I can't say enough about Jim Plunkett as a football player and as human being. He 'hired' me to help James Lick High School T&F team as volunteer.

Pittsburgh sure lost alot of love Sunday. So far not one person has picked them. The way Carolina's defesnse shut down Detroit's offense, how could you take them. If they can shut down Detroit they can shut down Pittsburgh. The Green Bay and Detroit game seems to be the biggest toss up. I was thinking of changing to Minnesota until I just learned Peterson is out indefinitely. The Bills have another tough opponent. It was a pick game but it swung to Buffalo being minus 1. Same as the Lions being minus 1. If our defense continues to play well we should get the job done. Then its on the road, at Houston and then at the lions. That one should be very interesting

^^ I think I'm stepping out on a bit of a limb, picking Buffalo this Sunday. But, they are the home team & if that defense plays like they did this past Sunday vs. my Fins, then Buffalo should have another W....

Don't worry Paul We will win. I have a question. A betting site, trying to lure me back, has given me a $50 free play. I have to pick whether there will be a FG over or under 44 1/2 yards in the game between Pittsburgh and Carolina. I took a friends advice and picked the over. What say ye? And anyone else with an opinion?

^^ So, basically what you're saying is someone has to boot a FG 45 yards or farther for you to win your bet? I think that's a safe bet in today's NFL....

Well now I can sleep the next 3 nights. LOL. I hope your right. Odds are they the worst two kickers in the league? Why else would they try and suck me in with that game?

I can't say enough about Jim Plunkett as a football player and as human being. He 'hired' me to help James Lick High School T&F team as volunteer.

That's a great story, KB. What an amazing experience that must have been. I'll always be a Plunkett fan.

Archived