2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Well nobody will go 16-0. Growing pains for Manuel. But not all his fault. The defense was not overwhelming. Even though 22 pts is not bad. Offense is the problem but San Diego was ready. I believe we beat Houston. We will bounce back. The Raiders should have tied that game. What bullshit. New England is no longer that good

Looking ahead a bit; a week ago, I was thinking the Thursday game was going to be another flop--but the Giants/Taters game could be more entertaining than I originally thought. Hmmm....

And I see that the Fins have to travel to Oakland. Before yesterday, I would have said that's an automatic W, but after yesterday's shit performance at home vs. Kansas Shitty who knows what will happen. Wouldn't shock me at all if Strider's Raiders bitchslapped us all the way back to Miami.

smiley-angry035.gif

Almost forgot, it looks like the Pats are getting a lot of patsies early on--Vikings, Raiders, Chiefs next week...

Aren't the fins and Raiders playing in London? I thought that's what I heard anyway....

Crap weekend for picking games.

Cowboys comeback was from the biggest deficit in club history - 21 points down - for a regulation game. :cheer:

Apparently, there's some chirping about the overtime rules because the Broncos lost & Peyton Manning didn't touch the ball in OT. Oh brother; the rules were already changed years ago because people were whining about sudden death OT not being fair & now some people are whining again.

Here's a novel idea--how about the Broncos defense containing Russell Wilson or not letting Beast Mode run through 'em like a hot knife through butter: or at least hold them to a field goal--then Peyton would have had a chance to touch the ball in OT. Or at the very least, don't fall behind 17-3 during regulation. Sheesh...

You're right Walter, I just looked at the schedule again and see that the game is in Wembley Stadium. Wherever the game is, I assume my Fins are going to crap the bed again... :rolleyes:

Btw, Walter--your Cowboys have me believing next week at home vs. dem Saints could be another victory.

At least the Cowboys are playing with heart so far this year. Not getting down and giving good effort....what a novel idea!

You're right Walter, I just looked at the schedule again and see that the game is in Wembley Stadium. Wherever the game is, I assume my Fins are going to crap the bed again... :rolleyes:

Btw, Walter--your Cowboys have me believing next week at home vs. dem Saints could be another victory.

As tough as the Raiders played NE and they probably should have won, I may have to actually consider taking the Raiders. That with the shocker vs KC. My team needs to regroup and hope that Manuel starts to listen to Kelly and take a step forward. I still think he has the potential. But its more mental than physical.

I wouldn't be mad at you at all for taking the Raidas. Now I'm hearing some chatter about Tannehill's job security--as if we actually have a better option at QB on the bench... :rolleyes:

They are really letting Manuel have it on the local radio. I know some is deserved. But all those damn flags. And the secondary stunk. Cant blame it all on him

Oh shit, Brandon Marshall, the Bears top receiver is writhing on the field in obvious pain. I may have to stop doing my happy dance--although I'm putting my trust in Cutler to stomp on these New York roaches....

LOL. I hate the Jets too. I took Chicago and under 44 1/2.. Not sure if I will survive the under? But the Jets are going down. The Bills are still 2-1, and you know how it is in football. you are as good as your last game. If we can go down to Houston and beat an old friend, Fitz, we can be 3-1 and all will be forgiven. Until we go to Detroit and get our ass;s lit up if we do not get it going. Manuel had better watch film, listen to Kelly, and straighten out. And the secondary must be better. I think going on the road is the best thing for both our teams after laying an egg at home. Less pressure on the road

I know Bart Scott on the CBS pregame called it before it happened--he said the "interception train" from Ryan Fitzpatrick was coming and sure enough, he threw 3 to the football Giants. Don't know if the Bills will be as lucky this Sunday, but I think I might be picking them again...

Well the Bills have far more talent. I will stand by that. Spiller and Jackson are not going to be shut down. Manuel has to hit his damn receivers. I expect we get to the QB a few times. I am dead in this game. Its going over

LOL. I hate the Jets too. I took Chicago and under 44 1/2.. Not sure if I will survive the under? But the Jets are going down. The Bills are still 2-1, and you know how it is in football. you are as good as your last game. If we can go down to Houston and beat an old friend, Fitz, we can be 3-1 and all will be forgiven. Until we go to Detroit and get our ass;s lit up if we do not get it going. Manuel had better watch film, listen to Kelly, and straighten out. And the secondary must be better. I think going on the road is the best thing for both our teams after laying an egg at home. Less pressure on the road

Well, with Chicago beating the J-E-T-S-S-U-C-K! 27-19, I'm guessing you didn't survive Rick? But what about that crazy parlay you made in the Pittsburgh @ Carolina game about a field goal over 45 yards being kicked? Did you win that bet?

Raiders and Fins in London? Yeah...that'll sell NFL to the Limeys. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's amazing how our British friends get stuck with the runt of the NFL. I'm sure the Jags will be making trips to Wembley Stadium this year as well. As for this Sunday, I'm expecting more of the same--little to no running game, more dropped passes, just more garbage from the Fins.

At least I have this to make me feel better...

finspanthers213200.jpg

Well, with Chicago beating the J-E-T-S-S-U-C-K! 27-19, I'm guessing you didn't survive Rick? But what about that crazy parlay you made in the Pittsburgh @ Carolina game about a field goal over 45 yards being kicked? Did you win that bet?

Raiders and Fins in London? Yeah...that'll sell NFL to the Limeys. :rolleyes:

Yes I sucked it out. And for the life of me I do not know how. The ball was spotted at the 27. So you usually add 7 yards from where the center snaps the ball to the spot its kicked from. So that would put the ball at the 34 and add 10 yards for the end zone, making it a 44 yarder. They put it up as a 45 yarder. Ill take it. And I took the Raiders too. This coming week I mean

I just answered my own question as far as when will the Patriots stop getting cupcakes on their schedule--after this Sunday, October 5th vs. the Bengals. But that game is in New England so we'll see how that goes. After that, it's a veritable string of tough opponents including Rick's Bills--at Buffalo, will we see the mighty Pats take a hit--the Jets, Bears, Broncos and Colts to name a few...

Archived