2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

^^^

Yeah, I'm not changing my Seattle pick either. 12th Man will be in effect...and it won't be 120° like it was in San Diego last week.

I don't understand Tom Flores not being in yet...he coached 2 Super Bowl Champions to Madden's 1. Poor Jim Plunkett...all those years being battered in New England. At least he finally found the promised land with the Raiders...he and Flores were the QB/Coach combination for those two Super Bowl wins.

I guess Plunkett's regular season stats aren't gaudy enough for some HOF voters.

Charles Haley should be in before anyone else is, IMO. More rings than anyone in the history of the game and he was a vital part of every defensive line he played on.

Atlanta may be a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Super Bowl contenders?!? Are you sure you're not getting caught up in last night's ass whoopin'--Yeah the Falcons looked great against the JV squad that is Tampa and yes, they play great inside the Dome but I want to see them win some games outside on grass against a legitimate opponent before I say they are Super Bowl contenders...

Charles Haley should be in before anyone else is, IMO. More rings than anyone in the history of the game and he was a vital part of every defensive line he played on.

Wow. I thought he was voted in last year. Guess I haven't been paying attention. You're absolutely correct Walter.

Super Bowl contenders?!? Are you sure you're not getting caught up in last night's ass whoopin'--Yeah the Falcons looked great against the JV squad that is Tampa and yes, they play great inside the Dome but I want to see them win some games outside on grass against a legitimate opponent before I say they are Super Bowl contenders...

Everything went their way last night. What a crazy first few series to start the game. I look very foolish with my TB pick for the division at this point - but they have the talent, it's just not gelling at all for them. How can they not score more with such a talented group of receivers and backs? The defense looks worse than Dallas' last year. Mike Glennon at qb should be better than what McGowan has been able to accomplish. The whole thing just doesn't make any sense. Losing two games at home against back-up quarterbacks - then last night's :buttsmack:

Wow. I thought he was voted in last year. Guess I haven't been paying attention. You're absolutely correct Walter.

You know as well as I do - it's all about the press and the fact he didn't kiss their arses! He was awesome! Read his book sometime, if you haven't already.

Ditto. We've seen this movie before.

The Raiders are gonna get MASSACRED by the Brady Bunch this weekend. Patriots should score at least 44 points. Enjoy the demolition KB! ;)

Rick, take New England and lay the points...even if it's 20, haha.

Hmmm...what should I watch with my breakfast...ESPN or The Flintstones? I'll go with The Flintstones...Wilma was HOT!

Ditto. We've seen this movie before.

The Raiders are gonna get MASSACRED by the Brady Bunch this weekend. Patriots should score at least 44 points. Enjoy the demolition KB! ;)

Rick, take New England and lay the points...even if it's 20, haha.

Hmmm...what should I watch with my breakfast...ESPN or The Flintstones? I'll go with The Flintstones...Wilma was HOT!

HI Strider,...

Well, I had to buy shot puts,we just used stones for the first sessions.No Discus or shoes,bought them for the lads and lasses,...

Not an NFL topic,sorry.

HI Strider,...

Well, I had to buy shot puts,we just used stones for the first sessions.No Discus or shoes,bought them for the lads and lasses,...

Not an NFL topic,sorry.

HI Strider,...

Not an NFL topic,sorry.

. I am not convinced NE is what they once were. I. Shall pass on that game. I have Atlanta wheeled with Cincy and Lions. And Bills on one. Like the Houston/giants game under a little .

^Rough night, Rick?

I was watching Rome talking about how Bills' need to stay down a bit. They've had a few years lately where they get hot at the start, only to fizzle to a losing streak mid-way through the year. We shall see....maybe the first playoff appearance this century is in the works? :)

^Rough night, Rick?

I was watching Rome talking about how Bills' need to stay down a bit. They've had a few years lately where they get hot at the start, only to fizzle to a losing streak mid-way through the year. We shall see....maybe the first playoff appearance this century is in the works? :)

Well I do not get Rome anymore unless he is on one of the two thousand channels I have on Direct TV? Why would you ask if it was a rough night?

He was referring to Syracuse losing to Maryland today.

Thanks. Stupid of me to take them. It killed my Streak at 6 on ESPN fantasy Streak. You guys should play it. Its free, every month, and if you lose you start all over again. Its difficult. It includes all sports. Even cricket, soccer, tennis and all the usuals. Its fun. Like theri pick em contest. All free. Now my off shore accounts are a different story. I had Atlanta on almost all my parlays. So to cash out tomorrow I need Cincy and Detroit on two. Buffalo on another. The Houston/Giants game under 42. And I have that crazy bet where I need a FG over 45 yds in the Carolina/Pittsburgh game. I am not sure if that is monday? No I think the stinking Jets are on Monday. Is there a team I hate watching more than the Jets? Hate the coach. Hate the team. Hate the uniforms.

Ok, I know Rick's Bill are on at 1 today, but I think I'll be paying more attention to the Packers/Lions tilt. It's the Lions in a big game and I don't trust them in a big game situation as far as I can throw 'em. But, if they have any illusions about winning this division, this is a must game--and they are inside on the turf, so maybe like the Falcons and the Saints, being inside will help them (I hope not, for the sake of my picks)...

I'm very intrigued by Denver @ Seattle. Super Bowl rematches usually go to the team that lost the Super Bowl. Was last week just a hiccup for Seattle? Or did San Diego provide a blueprint to the NFL on how to beat Seattle?

I believe Carson Palmer is out again vs. the Niners--but I'm sticking with my Arizona pick. The way San Fran lost last week just left a bad taste in my mouth.

And Rick, even without Foster, I believe Houston has enough to beat the Giants. Or in other words, the Giants stink. We'll see over the course of the season if they have 0-16 stink--although it's hard for me to imagine a Tom Coughlin led squad doing that. And I believe they have the Raiders on their schedule--that should help...

Archived