2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

I really have an uneasy feeling about picking the Colts for this Sunday. Losing Robert Mathis and they have no running game to speak of--but on the other hand, the Eagles looked like total dogs for one half against the Jaguars. But, as I like to say, when in doubt, go with the home team--even if I don't feel good about it.... uneasy.gif

I really have an uneasy feeling about picking the Colts for this Sunday. Losing Robert Mathis and they have no running game to speak of--but on the other hand, the Eagles looked like total dogs for one half against the Jaguars. But, as I like to say, when in doubt, go with the home team--even if I don't feel good about it.... uneasy.gif

That game is a total head scratcher I agree. Only the first half vs Jacksonville prevented me from taking the Eagles. And I still do not feel on bit good about picking the Colts. Will likely regret it. No matter which way I go I feel i will get it wrong.

So what are they saying down there about the trip to Buffalo? Should be a real fight.

I'm just hoping the Fins have a better showing this year in Buffalo than last--one thing I think I can count on, no snow in Ralph Wilson stadium....

To my knowledge the games are all sold out. I know this Miami game has been sold out since early July. Buffalo has good fans. I cannot say they fill the stadiums in sunny Miami. Even on a freezing day I believe we draw better. Just like the Browns. Denver its impossible to get tickets. Waiting list for 3-4 years. Of course they have been winning but that was the case going back to the 70's. and Denver to my knowledge has the most expensive tickets. I think Dallas is up there also.

:hysterical:

Not sure about a lot of my picks this week....Buffalo/Miami, NE/Minn, Dallas/Ten - tough calls. I could've just as easily gone Miami, Minn, and Tennessee. I have a feeling Tennessee is gonna throw all over the Cowboys secondary. Peterson is gonna run all over NE, can NE score enough to win? Whatever....

^^ Well, the thing is you never know with the NFL. I mean, who expected the Steelers to score only 6 points last night--and you never know if the Eagles team that took the first half off against the Jaguars will show up in Indy. If Chad Henne could light them up, imagine what Andrew Luck could do to them.

At any rate, I'm not changing my picks--I learned my lesson last week after Tampa and coach Lovie Dovie screwed me over...

^^ Well, the thing is you never know with the NFL. I mean, who expected the Steelers to score only 6 points last night--and you never know if the Eagles team that took the first half off against the Jaguars will show up in Indy. If Chad Henne could light them up, imagine what Andrew Luck could do to them.

At any rate, I'm not changing my picks--I learned my lesson last week after Tampa and coach Lovie Dovie screwed me over...

I know what you mean. I do not feel good about taking Jacksonville over Wash either but I am not impressed with Washinton's first game. For some reason every year I have been lights out on opening day. I mean, I picked 5 upsets straight up last week. Now I will probably go right down the tubes. I just hope I am right on the Bills game.

This really sucks. So much for New England getting beat again. Well I guess you never know but its got to be a huge distraction on top of losing your star player. Hard to babysit these millionaires 24/7

Archived