2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Didn't he already have a concussion this preseason, mstork? Good luck!

He did, yes, against the Lions. Weird play, didn't look like he got hit in the head but I think the NFL is obviously being a lot more cautious about these things for obvious reasons.

Thanks!...

I missed the game madstork...did he really look that good? Or was it against Seattle's third-string scrubs?

Still...the Raiders put up 41 points on the Seahawks while the Bills put up a big fat ZERO. Given what I've seen from Buffalo the last two weeks it appears the Bills still aren't ready for Prime Time. Let alone challenging New England for the Division. Miami seems the only other semi-competent team in the East to give the Patriots a tussle, while the two New York teams (Bills and Jets) will flounder around as usual.

Not that I'm predicting the Raiders to do any better...I won't be picking them in Rick's contest, that's for sure. Denver and San Diego will be #1 and #2 in the West while KC falls back to earth after that easy schedule they had last year. The Raiders will be duking it out with the Chiefs for last place.

Rick, I know about your contest...I'll post my predictions next week. Don't forget we still have our usual weekly NFL pool, dedicated this season to the dearly departed Brett...aka pottedplant.

He really did Strider, seriously. 4 drives, 28 points, 11 of 13 with 3 TD passes. 4 for 4 on third down, including a conversion against Sherman. And the first two drives were against mostly Seattle first string defenders including the entire Legion of Doom.

Still not sure I'd throw him to the wolves in NJ against Rex Ryan's D next week but he'll be starting soon for sure...

He really did Strider, seriously. 4 drives, 28 points, 11 of 13 with 3 TD passes. 4 for 4 on third down, including a conversion against Sherman. And the first two drives were against mostly Seattle first string defenders including the entire Legion of Doom.

Still not sure I'd throw him to the wolves in NJ against Rex Ryan's D next week but he'll be starting soon for sure...

That's good news indeed...it's been some time since I felt confidence in our starting QB. One thing is for sure, I'll be breaking out my Raider Nation shirt from its off-season hibernation.

Bring on the season opener!

That's good news indeed...it's been some time since I felt confidence in our starting QB. One thing is for sure, I'll be breaking out my Raider Nation shirt from its off-season hibernation.

Bring on the season opener!

I'll be there! I used to relish seeing the Raiders play the Giants or Jets in NJ and witness the fans turning on the home team. Hasn't been as much fun lately! ;-)

He is being saved for the real games. Bigger concern is this fucking coach.

What's wrong with your coach? Who is your coach?

Got my suicide pool ballot today...my brother runs one at his work and lets me join in the fun. $15 admission fee. I've thought about starting a suicide pool for the Forum but logistically it would be a pain...and we've already got two NFL contests going.

Four and a half more days to kickoff!

Wow, the fall to earth for Matt Schaub over the last year or so is almost unreal. Not that he was ever "elite", but the guy was at an All-Pro level for a few years and now he can't even start for the Raiders....

Hard to believe only a few days 'til regular season kickoff. I know baseball and football are real tough sports to repeat as champions in, but if anyone can do it, I believe it's these Seahawks.

What's wrong with your coach? Who is your coach?

Got my suicide pool ballot today...my brother runs one at his work and lets me join in the fun. $15 admission fee. I've thought about starting a suicide pool for the Forum but logistically it would be a pain...and we've already got two NFL contests going.

Four and a half more days to kickoff!

Ha,. Who is our coach? He is Doug Marrone. Ex Syracuse coach. And if things don't go well, soon to be ex Bills coach,. Of course we do not have an owner yet. It appears Terry Pegula who also owns the Sabres is the leading candidate. Bon Jovi is banned on the radio in Buffalo for his attempts to buy them and perhaps move them north. Its already been proven they cannot sell in Toronto. So I say Pegula will get them. I hope. I am so excited about the Orioles its tough to get excited about football for me. Its been a long wait. I just wish we had everyone available. As for the Bills, Spiller is in top form and is a fucking beast if he gets the ball in open field. I am hoping EJ Manuel can get some quick strikes to Watkins, Woods, Chandler and Spiller and eat up the Bears D. Marrone had best have a plan to contain Urlacher and their blitz package which is probably like Pittsburgh's a bit.

^^^

Urlacher? :blink:

Man, news really travels slow in Buffalo...Urlacher retired in 2013, Rick! You don't have to worry about him anymore.

There are nine or ten new head coaches in the NFL this year so I'm having a hard time keeping track of them all, haha. Best of luck with your new coach, Rick. He can't be any worse than Chan Gailey or Wade Phillips.

^^^

Urlacher? :blink:

Man, news really travels slow in Buffalo...Urlacher retired in 2013, Rick! You don't have to worry about him anymore.

There are nine or ten new head coaches in the NFL this year so I'm having a hard time keeping track of them all, haha. Best of luck with your new coach, Rick. He can't be any worse than Chan Gailey or Wade Phillips.

Why in hell would he retire? Wow. And we just picked up this Kyl Orden the ex Cowboy and Bronco. He has alot of experience and if EJ Manuel does not produce fast, expect to see him leading the Bills offense,. We have 5 guys names Williams on the team. No wonder we are the Bills. lOL. Anyway, Watkins, Williams (from Tampa), Woods, Chandler, Goodwin give us an arsenal of receivers and we have Spiller and Jackson and a very good defense according to CBS. Our defensive line is rated number one in the NFL> We need to go after Cutler.

Bill Belichick is apparently leaving Gronk's status for this Sunday up in the air. Whether he plays or not, I'm sure this Sunday in Miami will be hell for me--unless of course, Rick is finally right about the demise of the Patriots.

And news out of Dallas:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/11455007/dallas-cowboys-bring-michael-sam-physical

Why in hell would he retire? Wow. And we just picked up this Kyl Orden the ex Cowboy and Bronco. He has alot of experience and if EJ Manuel does not produce fast, expect to see him leading the Bills offense,. Our defensive line is rated number one in the NFL> We need to go after Cutler.

Kyle Orton is a punk-ass bitch who acted like he was gonna retire so the Cowboys would just release and he would still get his signing money. He played one game the last two seasons (which he lost by throwing a late pick to seal their fate against the Eagles). So I don't know how committed he really is Rick.

Best D-line in the NFL? Have you seen Houston's yet? Clowney and Watts are gonna be tough to handle for offensive lines!

Why in hell would he retire? Wow. And we just picked up this Kyl Orden the ex Cowboy and Bronco. He has alot of experience and if EJ Manuel does not produce fast, expect to see him leading the Bills offense,. We have 5 guys names Williams on the team. No wonder we are the Bills. lOL. Anyway, Watkins, Williams (from Tampa), Woods, Chandler, Goodwin give us an arsenal of receivers and we have Spiller and Jackson and a very good defense according to CBS. Our defensive line is rated number one in the NFL> We need to go after Cutler.

Kyle Orton? Kyle Orton? :hysterical:

I know. Brings back memories of '90 and '91 in the frigid cold. Somehow I fear our games with the Seahawks and 49ers more this year.

Gee, really. Yet it has to be considered a winnable game for us also. I believe Buffalo is a better team but not sure about the QB position. That is the one that is the big question. I doubt you want to remember our first trip to the Super Bowl when we beat Al Davis's Raiders in the snow 51-3 and then had the one week til the Super Bowl, due to the Gulf war, and then wide right. Nobody thought Buffalo would lose that game. I sure hope that Manuel proves the idiots around here wrong and beats Chicago.

Archived