2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

On Around the Horn, they are talking about some ludicrous story about the Jags possibly sitting Blake Bortles all year in favor of Chad Henne. I don't know who started this story, but I would like to have whatever he's smoking. I'm not a Jags fan by any stretch, but I do live here and I would like to see this fanbase get re-energized about the team & sitting Bortles for Chad friggin' Henne is not the way to go about it.

But, as I eluded to earlier, I'm sure this whole story is a pile of BS anyway...

I certainly hope when I become a 70+ year old billionaire (of course I won't own an NFL team), that any pics of me suggestively posing with a couple of women who could be my grandkids age thereabouts, better not make it back to my missus.

She would flat out put the skillet to my head.

Any concerns about Romo on your part or do you think he will be ready by kickoff of the real season?

No, not really Paul. He should only play in 2 preseason games anyway. I'm more worried about this Swiss cheese defense we have - again! Too many injuries already. If Romo's back goes out again, we need to take a dive for the rest of the season and get Winston when he leaves FSU for the pros next year!

Well, it is the preseason, so anything can happen....

And something is going on with Brady. A friend of mine who is a New England fan calls me and says to put my money on the Bills to win the East. He says not only will Brady not play last night but he will not start the season. I do not know where he heard this but I wonder if something is going on?

Hmmm, I just checked ESPN.com and NFL.com and didn't see any injury news about Brady. Maybe Tom sat out last night--I have no idea because I didn't see any highlights, but with all that said, I would be shocked if #12 wasn't taking snaps for the season opener against Miami...

Hmmm, I just checked ESPN.com and NFL.com and didn't see any injury news about Brady. Maybe Tom sat out last night--I have no idea because I didn't see any highlights, but with all that said, I would be shocked if #12 wasn't taking snaps for the season opener against Miami...

This may not be injury related. Maybe its Bele gate relted? LOL Dirt bags.

For some reason the Bills are favored tonight in Vegas?

Please tell me you don't bet on preseason football! :rolleyes:

And something is going on with Brady. A friend of mine who is a New England fan calls me and says to put my money on the Bills to win the East. He says not only will Brady not play last night but he will not start the season. I do not know where he heard this but I wonder if something is going on?

Nothing like overreacting to preseason football. It was all over ESPN yesterday before the game that Ryan Mallett was starting and the Pats were sitting Brady and Gronk. But it's nothing to panic about...Brady is not injured.

Tannehill and the Fins with an impressive opening drive, but as always we have to point out--it's the PRESEASON! And I'm not sure how much of a measuring stick the Falcons defense is anyways, but a nice drive nonetheless...

Same with Bills. Manuel 4/4. At 2 yd line of Carolina the refs screwed us on the spot and gave them the ball. Even the announcers were calling for a challenge and I have no idea why he did not. It was a first and goal.

Please tell me you don't bet on preseason football! :rolleyes:

Nothing like overreacting to preseason football. It was all over ESPN yesterday before the game that Ryan Mallett was starting and the Pats were sitting Brady and Gronk. But it's nothing to panic about...Brady is not injured.

Come on! The Taters beat them down last night. Surely that means it's on to the SuperBowl for them!!! :D

Same with Bills. Manuel 4/4. At 2 yd line of Carolina the refs screwed us on the spot and gave them the ball. Even the announcers were calling for a challenge and I have no idea why he did not. It was a first and goal.

Aye...I see the refs (and Rick) are in midseason form. ;)

People in DC aren't going nuts over beating the Pats in the preseason are they? I'm guessing Bob Griffin didn't see any action...

^_^

People in DC go nuts over the Taters on a regular basis. As far as RGIII seeing action last night, I have no idea since I didn't watch one second of the game and only found out the score while I was perusing the Post online today.

Aye...I see the refs (and Rick) are in midseason form. ;)

If you saw it you would agree it was a first down. They pushed the running back back two yards and then put the ball in wrong spot. But we are outplaying them and beating them. for what its worth. Its going to take time to know what we really have

Archived