2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

I was at a party last night and they are from philly and all huge Eagles and Phillies fans. Well they know the Phillies are toast. The Eagles should be good. I mean, I am impressed with their coach. I would expect Dallas to be their biggest threat? But this division has been tough to gauge. I will pick the Eagles to find a way to win it. Chip is the best coach in this division right now, IMO> I also respect Dallas's coach. He is good also. Well tonight I hope that EJ plays well. Marv Levy hated pre season football. Nothing more than a way he saw to get his guys hurt. We have to play 5 of them, I believe due to the Hall of Fame game. This could be the start of a special year for us. Maybe the end of the playoff drought. At least I hope. We have the weapons.

I would think the NFC East will be a sight better this year than it was last season. Don't know if the Giants will bounce back, but much like Deion Sanders, I believe in Eli. At the very least, he shouldn't throw close to 30 interceptions again.

And I know it's too early for predictions, but Rick, I think I'm going to go with New England to win the AFC East, again... :rolleyes:

I would think the NFC East will be a sight better this year than it was last season. Don't know if the Giants will bounce back, but much like Deion Sanders, I believe in Eli. At the very least, he shouldn't throw close to 30 interceptions again.

And I know it's too early for predictions, but Rick, I think I'm going to go with New England to win the AFC East, again... :rolleyes:

Takin the easy way out. Go ahead. Be my guest. i will pick my Bills

Rick, is your wager affected if the Giants score the first touchdown, which they just did?

It was only a contest steak. Free. Dead. It was really a great thing to see Dan Marino visit Kelly after all the wars they had on the field. Hats off to Dan for going there

The question is, can EJ get the ball over the heads and hands of the defense? At least three passes of his were tipped and one by the lineman's elbow! He looked like he was back at FSU! I watched the first quarter or so. Got my fix until the Cowboys play this weekend.

Nice induction ceremony on Saturday night. Good to see Jim Kelly out there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11306771/andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-reach-six-year-115-million-deal

I don't know much about the Bengals organization, but this seems like a shitload of money to pay a guy who has done jack in the postseason--but then again, Marvin Lewis is still employed as the head coach, so maybe it's not a total shock that Dalton is getting these dollars...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11306771/andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-reach-six-year-115-million-deal

I don't know much about the Bengals organization, but this seems like a shitload of money to pay a guy who has done jack in the postseason--but then again, Marvin Lewis is still employed as the head coach, so maybe it's not a total shock that Dalton is getting these dollars...

Ha. Luke Spencer. I wonder if he is leaving GH? Anyway, its painful to watch pre season football. Tuel actually outplayed Thad Lewis last night and big time. He hit Woods on a nice TD. I am really shocked Manuel only played that one set. Yes the one pass that was knocked down likely cost me my fucking streak on ESPN. back to the drawing board and I took the Mets to start. They already blew a 2-0 lead. Chandler did not even dress for the Bills for reasons unknown. Maybe they just wanted to get a look at the other guy? Nice blocked punt. Looks like his job is safe as he started last year on ST. I really do not take anything away from any teams first pre season game except Lewis did not look good at all. We had best hope Manuel does not go down

Yeah, I barely payed attention to last night's action. Preseason football is pretty useless, but it's a necessary evil.

Marv Levy hated it. I was a bit more interested of course not only because it was my team but I am interested in the developement of Manuel. Its something we must have. He has to get it done. He says he is learning and has watched a ton of film on Breese and Rogers especially. Probably a little dig at Brady. But Brady is older now and likely a bit distracted. Al Micheals must hate pre season too. It takes him away from Del Mar and Saratoga. Like me he is a huge horse racing fan

Ha. Luke Spencer. I wonder if he is leaving GH? Anyway, its painful to watch pre season football. Tuel actually outplayed Thad Lewis last night and big time. He hit Woods on a nice TD. I am really shocked Manuel only played that one set. Yes the one pass that was knocked down likely cost me my fucking streak on ESPN. back to the drawing board and I took the Mets to start. They already blew a 2-0 lead. Chandler did not even dress for the Bills for reasons unknown. Maybe they just wanted to get a look at the other guy? Nice blocked punt. Looks like his job is safe as he started last year on ST. I really do not take anything away from any teams first pre season game except Lewis did not look good at all. We had best hope Manuel does not go down

He actually played 2 series. I thought for sure you were gonna win your bet after Buffalo recovered that fumble at the Giants 22. Oh well!

Anyway, I enjoy watching my team in preseason so I can see the new guys and young guys I've been reading about. The depth chart is good to know. Otherwise, I just hold my breath that nobody gets injured. 5 games is way too many, four games too. They should have 2-3 games max.

Hmmm, I wonder if the possibility of reducing the number of preseason games would mean the commish, Mr. Goodell, would try pushing up the number of regular season games to 18. I think there's been talk in the past of going to 18 games anyway, but I think the players union has rejected that idea.

It would be something the league should probably look into instead of trying to expand the playoffs...

He actually played 2 series. I thought for sure you were gonna win your bet after Buffalo recovered that fumble at the Giants 22. Oh well!

Anyway, I enjoy watching my team in preseason so I can see the new guys and young guys I've been reading about. The depth chart is good to know. Otherwise, I just hold my breath that nobody gets injured. 5 games is way too many, four games too. They should have 2-3 games max.

Walter, IT WAS NOT A BET!!!! The Streak contest on ESPN in their fantasy section. You guys should check it out and play it. Its FREE AND IF YOU CAN HIT THE MOST IN A ROW IN A MONTH YOU CAN WIN ALOT OF MONEY. They have an App for it. It has all sports, even golf, soccer and tennis. They put tough games to pick on there of course. But some gimme's. The month is early so even though I got whacked at 6 in a row, I can start a new streak today. I also play the MLB.com steak contest. You pick a batter each day. They only need to get a hit. Its based on Dimaggio's streak. its not as easy as it sounds. They even give you the top four best propositions of the day. Lets say Miguel Cabrera is going against a guy he is 12 for 21 against. That would be at the top.

Walter, IT WAS NOT A BET!!!! The Streak contest on ESPN in their fantasy section. You guys should check it out and play it. Its FREE AND IF YOU CAN HIT THE MOST IN A ROW IN A MONTH YOU CAN WIN ALOT OF MONEY. They have an App for it. It has all sports, even golf, soccer and tennis. They put tough games to pick on there of course. But some gimme's. The month is early so even though I got whacked at 6 in a row, I can start a new streak today. I also play the MLB.com steak contest. You pick a batter each day. They only need to get a hit. Its based on Dimaggio's streak. its not as easy as it sounds. They even give you the top four best propositions of the day. Lets say Miguel Cabrera is going against a guy he is 12 for 21 against. That would be at the top.

I apologize for my misuse of the word bet. ;)

Archived