2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

They shouldn't re-sign him until most of the season is over, at least, given his recent back issues.

Not that I want to discuss Cowboys injuries....I'm sick after Sean Lee was lost for the season after blowing out his knee in OTA's earlier this week. Big loss, but at least it's in May and not August.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see Bills' linebacker Kiko Alonso blew out his ACL and will be gone for the season.

Rick, I thought I heard the Bills hired Schwartz as their defensive coordinator, true?

I see Bills' linebacker Kiko Alonso blew out his ACL and will be gone for the season.

Rick, I thought I heard the Bills hired Schwartz as their defensive coordinator, true?

This Kiko Alonso news is just terrible. He had played so damn well we did not need this stupid accident. He had no business getting hurt in the off season. We must go on without him. I hear we have a good replacement and maybe our offense can be our best defense. If Manuel comes through, and that is the big question in Buffalo, we will be not only fine, we can end New England's run. We have IMO, the best team position by position but for the QB. Yes I know how important the /QB is. But Manuel showed he can do it especially at the game I attended vs Carolina. He was doing great and then the injury on Sunday night vs Cleveland. But his second game back was a gem as he dismantled the Jets. The Bills should be far better than most expect.

When a team is good for a long time like New England was, the end will come when you do not see it very often. It will come and hit you like a Mack truck and there will be fans of that team sitting their with their jaws hanging down to their knees.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/19/brash-rex-ryan-the-patriots-need-to-worry-about-us/

Not exactly news that Rex Ryan is running his mouth, again... but the Jets always do seem to play the Patriots tough--it's just the other 14 games on the schedule I think Rex needs to concern himself with. One more year of missing the playoffs will no doubt be Rex's final curtain in New York....

So two games is the going rate for knocking out your wife and dragging her unconscious body around?

What a f'in joke!

QFT. Amen. Yet another Raven gets off with a slap on the wrist.

Sammy Watkins seems to be wowing them at Buffalo's training camp. I bet Rick is putting bets on the Bills winning the Super Bowl as we speak. ;)

Lots of activity in the NFL...poor Paul's Dolphins losing Pouncey, Sidney Rice retiring, Jets blah blah blah...but Pat Bowlen stepping down because of Alzheimer's was sad to hear, even for this Raider fan.

I think it is obvious that for as long as Pat Bowlen has owned the Denver Broncos, he has been a model owner. Successful and classy. He is what everyone wishes their team's owner was like.

Sports needs more owners like Pat Bowlen and less like Dan Snyder and Donald Sterling.

Maybe it was lost in all the hoopla about the Touchdown record, or maybe I'm just a bit lost--but it wasn't until I checked pro-football-reference.com today that I realized Peyton broke Drew Brees' record for most passing yards in a season.

Maybe it's old news, but I could swear I don't remember anyone making mention of the passing record last season. Hmmmm....

smiley-confused002.gif

QFT. Amen. Yet another Raven gets off with a slap on the wrist.

Sammy Watkins seems to be wowing them at Buffalo's training camp. I bet Rick is putting bets on the Bills winning the Super Bowl as we speak. ;)

Lots of activity in the NFL...poor Paul's Dolphins losing Pouncey, Sidney Rice retiring, Jets blah blah blah...but Pat Bowlen stepping down because of Alzheimer's was sad to hear, even for this Raider fan.

I think it is obvious that for as long as Pat Bowlen has owned the Denver Broncos, he has been a model owner. Successful and classy. He is what everyone wishes their team's owner was like.

Sports needs more owners like Pat Bowlen and less like Dan Snyder and Donald Sterling.

No I am not that crazy but a local mattress dealer is saying anything you buy is free if the Bills make it to the SB. He will be out of business if it ever happened. This year I do expect us to be far better. And even a playoff shot.

He is in camp and ready to rumble. And the defense has had rave reviews from visitors. I am very confident this team is going to take a big step forward

You got hell coming out of the gate. At Chicago, Week 1--but somehow I get the feeling you're not sweating the Bears. ^_^

Btw, we are inching closer to the Hall of Fame Game, August 3rd--Bills at Giants...

You got hell coming out of the gate. At Chicago, Week 1--but somehow I get the feeling you're not sweating the Bears. ^_^

Btw, we are inching closer to the Hall of Fame Game, August 3rd--Bills at Giants...

And no doubt I will have to see the kick from SB XV AGAIN

^^

I believe you and I have a 9:30am meeting in London this season.

The Bills?? Not aware of this? We play the Lions at home final exhibition game in August. And we play at Detroit on Oct 5th regular season. That game is in London?

Archived