2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Cassel, Bridgewater, or that kid that went to FSU and was drafted by them a couple of years ago. I see some Dallas alumni coaches there though....so they can't ve all that bad! ;):lol:

I think EJ Manuel went to FSU. He played well at Carolina. Steve Tasker was the color commentator so he even said it was a first down in the first quarter on the Carolina 2 yard line. They were waiting for Marrone to challenge the spot and he did not? WHY? Because its only exhibition? I hope so. If that was a regular game I would be screaming. Anyway, no team in football can match Buffalo's receiver's and the defense played lights out. The Bills are going to be far better than most of you think.

ESPN reporting that Rob Gronkowski of the Patriots still participating in non-contact drills. I wonder if Gronk is becoming the Greg Oden of the NFL--fragile as glass and always on the verge of getting hurt. And if he does go down again, who will Brady have to throw the ball to?

ESPN reporting that Rob Gronkowski of the Patriots still participating in non-contact drills. I wonder if Gronk is becoming the Greg Oden of the NFL--fragile as glass and always on the verge of getting hurt. And if he does go down again, who will Brady have to throw the ball to?

He missed half the season last year and they still made it to the AFC title game.

If Brady plays as there is something going on with him. So is Tannehill your starter? How long do you think Vick will last? I hate the Jets actually more than any team in our division.

Brady will be playing the season opener--you can take that to the bank. And yes, Tannehill is our starter & I have no idea if Vick is going to be the starter for the suck-ass Jets. I detest them as well, but my mind is on the home opener when we host Brady and Belichik...

Now that I think about it, a lot of our teams have seemingly tough openers--your Bills playing the Bears, Walter's Cowboys playing the Niners. Strider's Raiders may have the easiest road playing the Jets, depending on who the starter is--a banged up, past his prime Vick or turnover prone Geno Smith.

Brady will be playing the season opener--you can take that to the bank. And yes, Tannehill is our starter & I have no idea if Vick is going to be the starter for the suck-ass Jets. I detest them as well, but my mind is on the home opener when we host Brady and Belichik...

Now that I think about it, a lot of our teams have seemingly tough openers--your Bills playing the Bears, Walter's Cowboys playing the Niners. Strider's Raiders may have the easiest road playing the Jets, depending on who the starter is--a banged up, past his prime Vick or turnover prone Geno Smith.

No team is easy for the Raiders. Until they show me different, they are the worst team in the league

This Johnny Manziel intrigue going on with the Browns is interesting. By all reports, he played well against the Lions--albeit against a bunch of second stringers. I'd like to wait and see what he does against a 1st unit defense, if he gets a chance to play against a starting defense before I get carried away with Johnny-Mania....

This Johnny Manziel intrigue going on with the Browns is interesting. By all reports, he played well against the Lions--albeit against a bunch of second stringers. I'd like to wait and see what he does against a 1st unit defense, if he gets a chance to play against a starting defense before I get carried away with Johnny-Mania....

I have a friend that criticizes every QB that comes through the Bills organization. Now of course he hopes he is wrong but says Manuel has no excuses now. He wishes we had taken this Johnny football over Sammy Watkins. I do not agree. But time will tell. Manuel has proven he can do it. In his rookie year you take the games vs Carolina and the Jets and he was fabulous. And of course he was doing fine until the injury in Cleveland and then he returned and his first game back was bad. But its was his ROOKIE YEAR. Must give him the benefit of the doubt and a chance. He does not have to be Montana or Unitas or Brady or Namath. He just has to be good with this teams talent level. The best in the East and maybe even the AFC. No team is deeper at the talent positions.

He only drove them to 3 points on 4 possessions, so I wouldn't get too excited. If he keeps running around like that for long, he'll get cold cocked, IMO.

Was that article link about scandrick? The season hasn't even begun and I'm quickly losing hope for a competitive campaign!

^^ Scandrick gone for the first four games of the season--but I'm sure Jerry Jones isn't too concerned. Seems like Jerry will be content if the Cowboys continue to top the league in ratings and the number of people who watch the Cowboys games. Putting on entertainment & raking in the dough seems to supplant winning and even getting to the postseason. At least, I can't think of any other reason why Jason Garrett is still the head coach.

Am I wrong in my analysis of the Cowboys, Walter?

You're pretty much spot on, Paul, unfortunately.

Mrs. Walter says that Jerry must be in financial trouble, and laying bets on the cowboys to lose to get himself out of debt. I'm beginning to think there is some truth there. He loves the headlines more than the playoffs evidently. I have been fan before him and I will be after him....

All hope for the season may not be lost. At the very least, I don't think the NFC East will be as terrible as it was last year--but a lot of question marks for the teams not named Philadelphia. Will the Giants rebound after a subpar season and will Eli get back to All-Pro form. I think Eli will definitely try to cut down on the INTs.

Washington is a mystery as well and the Cowboys... hmmm. I guess it all depends on Romo's health and you have to think the defense couldn't possibly be any worse, could it? I guess we will find out Week 1 when Kaepernick and crew come calling to Big D....

All hope for the season may not be lost. At the very least, I don't think the NFC East will be as terrible as it was last year--but a lot of question marks for the teams not named Philadelphia. Will the Giants rebound after a subpar season and will Eli get back to All-Pro form. I think Eli will definitely try to cut down on the INTs.

Washington is a mystery as well and the Cowboys... hmmm. I guess it all depends on Romo's health and you have to think the defense couldn't possibly be any worse, could it? I guess we will find out Week 1 when Kaepernick and crew come calling to Big D....

If I had to pick I would go with the Eagles because of their coach. But who knows. I think the Eagles are the only team in that division I could envision making it to the Super Bowl. Buts its way too early to judge. I think the Rams are the sleeper in the NFC. They have a tremendous offensive line. A good coach, and I like Bradford. They will make noise at the very least

The Panthers new line-up will be looking good this year with one player gone that I know of. We need more authority in the Tech-fields and less in the sunglasses dept. If theres any Height to the way the Season starts, then they should be moving at a good speed by the middle of the Season. With XBOX 360 and XBOX ONE out, there is an added element to what everybody's watching, And I'm talking Store Bought Games like MADDEN NFL as well as what's out there for the ARCADE Conquerers... There needs to be some. When they make it to ESPN for some Commentary that'll be great, but until then I say eat your white bread with the butter side up. And keep it Moving.

The Cowboys defense couldn't be worse than last year, IMO. There is much more depth, but the high level talent is getting injured before they can even gel. Melton, Lee, Lawrence, Claiborne, etc. are all injured right now - some more than others. The offensive line is gonna have to control the game. It really is their strength right now. They will have to play smart and have smart play calling. That is where the bigger problem lies, IMO.

The Giants o-line is not good. I don't think their defense is back up to snuff either. But Coughlin is a good coach and will make them competitive. The Redskins - yuck! I really think they are overrated. But they do have playmakers on offense, even though they are injury prone as the wr core have shown already. Plus a new head coach, who has never been a head coach (except in the Arena League) is also a huge unknown. The Eagles seem to be the safest bet. With that said, Foles had a perfect season last year and that still wasn't good enough - until Kyle Orton threw that INT at the end of the Eagles' last regular season game. Then they got their asses handed to them by the Saints - at home!

I think you are correct, Rick, the Rams are an up and comer. That NFC West is the toughest of them all. It's gonna be a dog fight between all four teams.

But I believe the NFC South will be improved, across the board. I do think the Panthers are going down with even less offense than last year. The Saints, I think that Brees' strained oblique muscle could be a bigger deal than what people originally thought. The Bucs have more offense and a good, proven head coach in Lovie Smith. The Falcons have to get better, they are too talented not to. That's a pretty even division, IMO.

The NFC North has to be Green Bay's for the taking. The Bears and Lions have talent, but are also in transition. The Vikes are an unknown. The lost Allen to the Bears and he is a good locker room guy. The qb position is unsettled. They also have a new head coach.

I'm getting fired up for this season to begin!!!

The Cowboys defense couldn't be worse than last year, IMO. There is much more depth, but the high level talent is getting injured before they can even gel. Melton, Lee, Lawrence, Claiborne, etc. are all injured right now - some more than others. The offensive line is gonna have to control the game. It really is their strength right now. They will have to play smart and have smart play calling. That is where the bigger problem lies, IMO.

The Giants o-line is not good. I don't think their defense is back up to snuff either. But Coughlin is a good coach and will make them competitive. The Redskins - yuck! I really think they are overrated. But they do have playmakers on offense, even though they are injury prone as the wr core have shown already. Plus a new head coach, who has never been a head coach (except in the Arena League) is also a huge unknown. The Eagles seem to be the safest bet. With that said, Foles had a perfect season last year and that still wasn't good enough - until Kyle Orton threw that INT at the end of the Eagles' last regular season game. Then they got their asses handed to them by the Saints - at home!

I think you are correct, Rick, the Rams are an up and comer. That NFC West is the toughest of them all. It's gonna be a dog fight between all four teams.

But I believe the NFC South will be improved, across the board. I do think the Panthers are going down with even less offense than last year. The Saints, I think that Brees' strained oblique muscle could be a bigger deal than what people originally thought. The Bucs have more offense and a good, proven head coach in Lovie Smith. The Falcons have to get better, they are too talented not to. That's a pretty even division, IMO.

The NFC North has to be Green Bay's for the taking. The Bears and Lions have talent, but are also in transition. The Vikes are an unknown. The lost Allen to the Bears and he is a good locker room guy. The qb position is unsettled. They also have a new head coach.

I'm getting fired up for this season to begin!!!

I am too tied up in baseball for once. Its been too long since the Orioles were in this position. So right now the Orioles are more important to me than football

Looking like there may be some new additions to the already present talent in NFL pickin' this season.

But I have some questions regarding team loyalty.

paul refreshed me a few weeks back on why he digs the Miami, even though he lives in Jacksonville.

No brainer on Rick and his Biils...

Walter, you spent several years in Bills country, live in FL, yet pull for the Silver Star... why is that?

Strider, I believe from Texas(?), lives in LA, pulls for the Raiders. Curious as to why Oakland. Because they did a stint in LA?

ebk, (counting on your participation) you're a Tot fan.. I mean Tater fan, but you cheer for the O's. Do you cheer for the Nationals or the Ravens?

jb126, wants a very Brady Christmas, correct? This I get.

Bongman, I understand Detroit.

freddy fingers and #1fan, anyone else, join the team!

Me, born in KC and follow the Chiefs, but mainly now pull for teams with state connections. That includes a lot of teams.

And... I'll go on record right now that the Raiders or Bills will come close to making the post season if not making it. You read it here first. If it doesn't happen, just forget I wrote these words, as they will self destruct, Mr Phelps.

Looking like there may be some new additions to the already present talent in NFL pickin' this season.

But I have some questions regarding team loyalty.

paul refreshed me a few weeks back on why he digs the Miami, even though he lives in Jacksonville.

No brainer on Rick and his Biils...

Walter, you spent several years in Bills country, live in FL, yet pull for the Silver Star... why is that?

Strider, I believe from Texas(?), lives in LA, pulls for the Raiders. Curious as to why Oakland. Because they did a stint in LA?

ebk, (counting on your participation) you're a Tot fan.. I mean Tater fan, but you cheer for the O's. Do you cheer for the Nationals or the Ravens?

jb126, wants a very Brady Christmas, correct? This I get.

Bongman, I understand Detroit.

freddy fingers and #1fan, anyone else, join the team!

Me, born in KC and follow the Chiefs, but mainly now pull for teams with state connections. That includes a lot of teams.

And... I'll go on record right now that the Raiders or Bills will come close to making the post season if not making it. You read it here first. If it doesn't happen, just forget I wrote these words, as they will self destruct, Mr Phelps.

Whats a football? Ha. The Orioles are my team in baseball and I am so damn excited about them I may jump out of my skin. Why? Because I grew up an Orioles fan watching them all play for Rochester before going up to the big leagues. Watched the O's come here every year to play the farm team. Die hard fan that has endured years of pain. So I stuck with them through thick and thin. Just like the Bills and Sabres. The Bills have a big shot Jabe. They have a ton of talent. Manuel is the only question and of course he plays the most important position. Vegas has us at a respectable 8-1 to win the East division. That in itself says alot. I do not see the Raiders turning the corner. What do they have? I just do not see anything from them that makes me believe they have any shot. Maybe they will put KC in the basement? I just feel KC had alot of luck. And the schedule will not be as friendly. Now baseball is another story. The Royals are excited like the Orioles. Like I said. Whats a football?

Archived