2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

Cincinnati...another sinkhole of a team. Good luck with your boy, jabe.

Thanks, Strider.

Ironic. AJ is now a Tiger. I read where some teams thought he was too high on himself.

I see the Fins with all their picks so far didn't do anything at the RB position. And given that they were 26th in rushing last year, I don't think Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas will be enough. Oh well, the Fins will probably be under .500 for the season anyway as the Pats step all over the AFC East opponents, again...

:rolleyes:

We were at Costco in Puyallup, WA yesterday and it's usually a sea of Seahawk hats, jerseys and shirts everywhere you look. While we were having our frozen yogurt this kid gets in line with a 49er cap and Kaepernick jersey. :)

It's going to be a war this season.

We were at Costco in Puyallup, WA yesterday and it's usually a sea of Seahawk hats, jerseys and shirts everywhere you look. While we were having our frozen yogurt this kid gets in line with a 49er cap and Kaepernick jersey. :)

It's going to be a war this season.

The 'niners made some good moves, IMO. They picked up Stevie Johnson, who has had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard receiving seasons, to go along with Crabtree, Bolden, and Davis - not too shabby. Their draft looked solid, in the first couple of rounds at least.

The 'niners made some good moves, IMO. They picked up Stevie Johnson, who has had 3 consecutive 1,000 yard receiving seasons, to go along with Crabtree, Bolden, and Davis - not too shabby. Their draft looked solid, in the first couple of rounds at least.

:)

Really, now. I was thinking the Pats were going to hand us and the Bills our collective asses, but I may be wrong--though I seriously doubt it.

Nothing lasts forever Paul. Maybe the Bills/Dolphins rivalry will be revived? New England's days are numbered. They do not have anything special in the skilled positions that frightens me. Bring them on. We are ready for them

^^^

I'm actually feeling dead chuffed at the Raiders picks...much better than I expected. The LA Times called the Khalil Mack pick before the draft but you never know with the Raiders. They had a history of trading or reaching for picks in the later Al Davis years.

Carr should be better than his brother. Still, it's up to the coaching and that's still up in the air.

^^^

I'm actually feeling dead chuffed at the Raiders picks...much better than I expected. The LA Times called the Khalil Mack pick before the draft but you never know with the Raiders. They had a history of trading or reaching for picks in the later Al Davis years.

Carr should be better than his brother. Still, it's up to the coaching and that's still up in the air.

Sportsline says nobody did a bad job. Cleveland has gotten high marks for getting Johhny M. The Bills get the best receiver in the draft, Sammy Watkins, a game breaker and they give us a C for giving up our number one next year. Hell, we did not give up what Washington did for RGIII.

How can they snub us on monday night football and allow Houston and Wash to be on twice each in a four week period. And give Chicago 4 monday night appearances? So damn stupid. And the Jets and Miami are on once. I see no way they are better than the Bills. Neither of them

^^ The Dolphins players just continue to make me proud of this franchise... :rolleyes:

Agreed, but a player is being fined, suspended, and sent to re-education 'sensitivity training' for tweeting "omg horrible". Another reason for me to avoid watching the media/PC circus NFL. This crap is just getting beyond ridiculous.

Agreed, but a player is being fined, suspended, and sent to re-education 'sensitivity training' for tweeting "omg horrible". Another reason for me to avoid watching the media/PC circus NFL. This crap is just getting beyond ridiculous.

Sorry to burst your bubble but gays have been playing in the NFL and sports for years without the republic crumbling. This just happens to be the first openly-gay NFL player.

Sorry to burst your bubble but gays have been playing in the NFL and sports for years without the republic crumbling. This just happens to be the first openly-gay NFL player.

I'm sure they have but that really wasn't what I was commenting about. Sensitivity training for a player's non-PC tweet? Please.

....and it's another Dolphins player - nothing wrong with that locker room! :rolleyes: If you don't want to watch, don't watch then - it's not about political correctness, it's about being a decent human being. It's the 21st century after all.....

It is better than nothing and it makes a point. Why are you so resistant to change and so negative about people being called out for making ridiculous comments about gays, etc.?

Archived