2014 NFL Thread...

paul carruthers

And there are many wondering how head coach Joe Philbin still has his job. It all starts at the top & it's hard for many to imagine how Joe could have let this whole Incognito mess go on for as long as it did. I get the feeling it's going to be another long year for us Dolphins fans....

And there are many wondering how head coach Joe Philbin still has his job. It all starts at the top & it's hard for many to imagine how Joe could have let this whole Incognito mess go on for as long as it did. I get the feeling it's going to be another long year for us Dolphins fans....

Being a Bills fan I cannot say my heart bleeds. But we have bigger fish to fry

^^ I'm guessing your bigger fish would be Brady and Belichik, correct me if I'm wrong. One day those 2 may go down, but I don't think it will be the 2014 season....

You know me well Paul. I was away so it took a bit for me to answer. Yes, and I think their day is very near

Jarius Byrd is a piece of shit. He refused a large contract and the Bill's are not going to be held hostage by him, and will not franchise tag his sorry greedy ass. Let him go. We have a ton of cap room. Cannot waste money on an asshole that will sit out training camp. Athletes today are spoiled rotten pigs.

A couple of my Uncles who are Cowboy fans are ready to throw in the towel on this coming season now that the news has broke that the Boys are about to release DeMarcus Ware & one of my Uncles is predicting someone within the division will snatch him up.

Thoughts, Walter?

Well Paul, I certainly understand why it happened - he was set to earn over $12 million this year, they need the cap space, and he wouldn't restructure his contract. They apparently parted ways on good terms and after testing the market he might still play for Dallas. So, I guess it's a wait and see situation. Having a number of injuries to various parts of his body the past 3-4 years (especially the neck area) doesn't bode well for his future production. Having said all of that, who do they have that can be productive on the d-line? NOBODY. So, I certainly don't like that. Throw in the towel for the season over this? I think that is overreacting....it's not like he has done much the past two seasons, compared to the rest of his illustrious career. The NFL is a cut-throat business and decisions like these are becoming much more frequent. I see the Raiders throwing money at him, since they have like $60 million to spend on free agents/draft picks. I am not a big believer in signing big-money free agents. Too many times, their effort and desire go down after receiving the money. We shall see.....

Reports are that the Broncos are about to land Ware & Aqib Talib from the Patriots. Depending on Talib's durability this could be a big move for Denver, strengthening their D & their chances of going back to the Super Bowl. Now I'll sit back & wait to see what the Pats do, I hear their name being tossed around in the Darrelle Revis sweepstakes...

What the hell happened to Darrelle Revis? Has anyone fallen so far so fast? It's as if as soon as he left the Jets he lost his mojo. His contract is too toxic for anyone to want him.

Which makes him perfect for the Raiders.

Sorry for your loss, Walter. Thought D Ware would be a Cowboy for life.

Well Bong-Man, Detroit fans won't have William Clay Ford to kick around anymore. The owner of the Detroit Lions has gone up to the gridiron-in-the-sky. R.I.P.
http://touch.latimes...e/p2p-79574441/

Henry,%20Edsel%20and%20William%20Clay%20
Yes, and his reach went much farther than just a football team. This is my favorite pic.....Bill as a lad getting an autographed baseball from Mickey Cochrane with Grandpa and his Dad, Edsel. His Dad also took him to the first Lion's game in 1934. He told great stories about his grandfather.

• 2 weeks later...

jabe, I see your boy McElroy retired today. Didn't realize he was with the Bengals.

Wow! Heard it from you first, Walter!

McElroy I believe, was the scout team qb for the Bungholes. Didn't have NFL size, but has a deep understanding of the game.

Gmac is a smart kid.. Rhodes Scholar smart. His father works for your team the Cowboys in some capcacity.

Hope mac gives coaching a shot.

Vick to the Jets, probably in some sort of backup mode or until Geno really screws up.

Where will Sanchez wind up? I'm of the belief that he gets a real crappy shake from most of the media. He took the Jets to two consecutive AFC championship games, all with the circus of Rex Ryan making noise in the background. Wherever he goes, he's got a chance to show his last couple of seasons were not what he's capable of.

Archived