Interesting or Funny Things At A Gig

Charles J. White

I never liked crowd surfers at all, was at a Motorhead gig and of course 2 songs in we can see a crowd surfer waving his arms and yelling in joy, so as the crowd passed the body along towards the middle of the crowd where myself and 5 other mates who went to the gig were standing, we just let him fall on the concrete floor. We pointed at him and laughed, and focused our attention back on the gig after maybe 5 seconds.

Well I think it's not very nice of crowd surfers to assume that I want to focus my attention on the surfer intstead of the gig, furthermore what makes the surfer think I want to lift him along to the next person beside me? Maybe the person beside me would be pissed with me for passing my problem along to him?

I never liked crowd surfers at all, was at a Motorhead gig and of course 2 songs in we can see a crowd surfer waving his arms and yelling in joy, so as the crowd passed the body along towards the middle of the crowd where myself and 5 other mates who went to the gig were standing, we just let him fall on the concrete floor. We pointed at him and laughed, and focused our attention back on the gig after maybe 5 seconds.

Nicely done Chalks. Which Motorhead tour? You could have also taken out the mobile phone filmers who really annoy me at a show.

Nicely done Chalks. Which Motorhead tour? You could have also taken out the mobile phone filmers who really annoy me at a show.

2008, was a really good time.

Those mobile phone filmers are a major pain the ass they ruin the whole fucking gig for every one by distracting all those around

Edited by Charles J. White

I understand your dislike of crowd surfers, but the guy could have been hurt. Have some empathy.

+1 You seem like a good chap to go to a concert with...and one who understands the unspoken social contract that most people abide when attending rowdy rock shows.

:D Before Mrs CP's time man. Some fat bird and a skinny freak if I recall. Lightened up an otherwise dull day

No doubt. The Stones in 1981-82 were dreadfully dull on that tour. Mick in those horrible American football pants. Ugh. Someone in the audience at the Houston Astrodome show was so bored they resorted to stabbing someone...or was it the Cotton Bowl show?

Edited by Strider

No doubt. The Stones in 1981-82 were dreadfully dull on that tour. Mick in those horrible American football pants. Ugh. Someone in the audience at the Houston Astrodome show was so bored they resorted to stabbing someone...or was it the Cotton Bowl show?

We only went because Black Uhuru were supposed to support them, but they didn't. We gave up with The Stones mid set and after the frivolities we retired gracefully to a fine ale house and went home to avoid the crowds

If there's one thing I can't stand at gigs are the so-called "experts"; ergo, instead of enjoying the show they are over-analyzing everything going on on stage, from what the artists are wearing to guitar tuning, etc. I always seem to have them behind me. Unless it's a really abominable show just shut up and go along for the ride!

If there's one thing I can't stand at gigs are the so-called "experts"; ergo, instead of enjoying the show they are over-analyzing everything going on on stage, from what the artists are wearing to guitar tuning, etc. I always seem to have them behind me. Unless it's a really abominable show just shut up and go along for the ride!

Never seemed to have these problems in the 60's, except when the Hells Angels would show up. Otherwise, it was all pretty groovy, man. :suntan::hippy:

• 2 months later...

Faster Pussycat Bassist Danny Nordahl Collapses Face First Into Drum Riser. (at 1:31)

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/video-faster-pussycat-bassist-danny-nordahl-collapses-face-first-into-drum-riser/

What a bunch of unprofessional fucks for band to treat the paying audience to that kind of thing, have a drink after the gig dumb ass