Live in Montreal recording 1975

Corey

Guys,

New to the site...big fan....just finished a dinner and beers with some mates and was gifted a very unusual Led Zeppelin package

a. Double LP's, hand written jacket and labels on both....dated 6th of February 1975 Live in Montreal.....had a listen and it's clear who's playing recording is average to good but pressed on vinyl

b. A mint condition in through the out door complete with brown paper out album jacket

c. A very good condition Led Zeppelin 2 LP in great condition barley played and with no marks on LP

From those that know I'm keen to learn about the live album, figure it's a bootleg recording pressed at some point to vinyl and saved for prosperity, anyone else able to shed light on this recording...?

Waited in the freezing cold from 6pm Friday night until box office opened Saturday morning to get tickets for this show. Cold as f***, but the camaraderie among fans made up for it. Taped the show, copies were traded sometime in the 80's for a Plant show in Newcastle. I can't find the original tapes anywhere, so I haven't hear them in a long time, but if this boot is from that tape, to let you know that it was recorded on a Philips cassette recorder in mono using Maxell medium quality yellow/orange label cassettes from the 9th row centre. I will continue to search for the tapes and post back on this topic to update. Was unbelievable to hear Kashmir for the first time. PG was not out yet. This, for what its worth...

I really like that bootleg despite the tapers. It was among the second stack of Zeppelin vinyl I purchased at a record show back in 1987. Still have it today and I just listened to this show a few weeks ago. If you own a pair of bootleg ears like mine then its a very worthy listen.

Waited in the freezing cold from 6pm Friday night until box office opened Saturday morning to get tickets for this show. Cold as f***, but the camaraderie among fans made up for it. Taped the show, copies were traded sometime in the 80's for a Plant show in Newcastle. I can't find the original tapes anywhere, so I haven't hear them in a long time, but if this boot is from that tape, to let you know that it was recorded on a Philips cassette recorder in mono using Maxell medium quality yellow/orange label cassettes from the 9th row centre. I will continue to search for the tapes and post back on this topic to update. Was unbelievable to hear Kashmir for the first time. PG was not out yet. This, for what its worth...

Wow- how cool was that!

This was the first Zeppelin boot I ever got (The 1975 World Tour w/ orange insert), and I always have loved the Kashmir from this show.

Wow- how cool was that!

This was the first Zeppelin boot I ever got (The 1975 World Tour w/ orange insert), and I always have loved the Kashmir from this show.

This?

CS-008.jpg

I didn't pick up the Montreal '75 show until 1980 and it was this Phoenix Records release:

$_35.JPG

I found the 1975 World Tour vinyl Strargroves has in a headshop years ago

Then picked up the Cobla cd release of it as we'll.Is there a defenitive release

For this show or are all pretty much the same soundwise?Empress Valley ect...

It's actually a decent audience recording to my ears with the band playing pretty darn good.

I found the 1975 World Tour vinyl Strargroves has in a headshop years ago

Then picked up the Cobla cd release of it as we'll.Is there a defenitive release

For this show or are all pretty much the same soundwise?Empress Valley ect...

It's actually a decent audience recording to my ears with the band playing pretty darn good.

Yep, the critics were far to tough on Zeppelin back then. When they could have canceled a shit load of shows for Plants bad voice or Jimmy's bad finger they instead played on and that's why the critics were mad. They couldn't understand what it took to get up there and play under those conditions and they whined about it. Most bands wouldn't have the fortitude to do that. Also the critics didn't have an attention span long enough to enjoy No Quarter so they poo pooed it all as noodling around but we know better.

• 3 weeks later...

THE second Zeppelin bootleg on vinyl I purchased. Not the 1975 World Tour first pressing but the Montreal '75 color cover version. A secondhand copy at a local record shop sells for $90 + tax. Crazy... The concert itself was fun to listen to with the absurd commentary in between songs. At least they shut it so as not to intrude during the performance. The version of Trampled Underfoot on this night really cooked!

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...