The Guardian (UK) article on III

henrybonzo

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant: how we made Led Zeppelin III

The baby needed bathing, the tape recorder needed batteries and the band needed cider … the veteran rockers on the classic Led Zep album that began life at a cottage in Wales

So good to hear what it was like in their own words. There's been so much sensationalist rubbish written about them over the years & some journalists just trying too hard hype everything beyond recognition.

This was just real & charming - as both the 'boys' are. Had a chuckle at Jimmy's story re the Belgian girl too! Thanks for posting the article.

I bet if Robert, Jimmy, Jones, and Jason were to spend some time in the mountains of Maine or the Highlands of Nova Scotia they would find that inspiration again because there would be no paparazzi and press all over them. They would be free to create and record without any expectations. I thought it was a great interview

Thanks for posting, henrybonzo! I love everything about LZ III and love to hear their thoughts about the making of this masterpiece. It's a great article, and it warms my heart to hear Robert talk about LZ with fond memories.

Archived