Jimmy Page to receive Nordoff Robbins Silver Clef award

aen27

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't Robert win this award back in 1993 or so? I remember it being around the time he did that Knebworth concert where Jimmy came out and played with his band (including Wearing and Tearing).

^^ Hi Wolfman!

Correct. He won in 1990, then he and Jimmy won in 1994(International Award)

http://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/content/get-involved/support-event/O2-silver-clef-awards/silver-clef-past-award-winners

^^Thanks aen for posting the links and bluecongo I agree, I wished Jimmy would insert strap over shoulder, fingers on strings and just play :guitar_mood:

+2!

It would be a bit funny if one day, when Mr. Page is standing around with an ungodly rare guitar at a photo session, some innocent photographer's assistant asked him, "Do you play those or just pose with them?" :ahhh:

That is a horrifying thought. I hope it does not come to this.

You are very welcome, Deborah. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm reminded of an award ceremony at Buckingham Palace I read about. The Palace awarded several British rock stars for their contributions to British popular music. JImmy Page was one of the honorees along with Brian May, David Gilmour and Eric Clapton. They all got to meet Queen Elizabeth II. When it was Page's turn, she reportedly asked him, "Do you play guitar too?"

Archived