Museums

Charles J. White

A thread idea for folks to discuss any Museums they visit. A lot of us travel for work and play it might be a good way to get the word out of places worth a visit. So here goes:

The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in Halifax is one of Canada's best museums, and even includes a significant amount of Titantic stuff

https://maritimemuseum.novascotia.ca/

Not that into tanks and guns, but if you like planes, there's the Air and Space museum in Washington DC.

The two best museums of the world are most likely the Louvre in Paris and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, right up the road from me.

My favorites so far have been the Vatican Museum, The Accademia and on a much smaller scale, The Columbia River Maritime Museum, which had some really interesting exhibits. I have also spent a lot of time in the Smithsonian museums; particularly the Natural History and American History museums.

I haven't yet been to the Louvre or the NYC museums (or the Spy Museum in DC) but those are all on my list!

Only ever been to a few museums. I remember the Royal Ontario Museum having interesting exhibits, I enjoyed the American Museum of Natural History, but was absolutely blown away by the Metropolitan Museum. Speaking of which...

the Metropolitan Museum of Art, right up the road from me.

I'm jealous! :P

• 1 month later...

Not that into tanks and guns, but if you like planes, there's the Air and Space museum in Washington DC.

The two best museums of the world are most likely the Louvre in Paris and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, right up the road from me.

Also, remember the Prado in Madrid and the Hermitage in St. Petersburg.

Charles, I visited the Hoover Dam Museum many years ago and I liked it -- amazing.

The 5 best museums in the world may be (arguably) the Louvre, the Hermitage, (which has the world's largest collection of paintings) and -- in no particular order -- the British Museum, the Egyptian Museum and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

It's perhaps not one of the best in the world, but on Saturday I went to the People's History Museum in Manchester, which I liked a lot. The staff are helpful and friendly, too. There was even a mini one-man play, with some surprisingly good acting. Very good for a museum that's free.

Archived