Jaosn Bonham to play with Phil Collins band

John Wilkinson

Hi all.

Can't see a topic for this so................. :bubble:

Lee Syklar has confirmed that Jason will be "sitting in" for some rehearsals for Phil's band in August in Miami. I know that Phil is regarded with distain by some Led Zeppelin fans due to the whole Live Aid thing but he has always been a hero of mine with Genesis and indeed solo. ( I love pop music as well guys so don't hate me for that . :noavatar:

Great drummer and singer and not his fault that he was over exposed in the 80/90s.

Jason would be a great choice for Phil's drummer in my opinion and looking forward to seeing if he decides to go ahead with a tour.

Best wishes

John

www.mama-genesis.co.uk

Why not? Love him or hate him, you can't deny that Phil Collins is an A-list musician. It's a prestigious gig.

Very. i'm pro Phil so I think it's great. I wonder why long time drumming partner, the amazing Chester Thompson isn't involved.. or is he..?

Why not? Love him or hate him, you can't deny that Phil Collins is an A-list musician. It's a prestigious gig.

just not a Phil Collins fan. I did like him back in the day when Peter Gabriel was in Genesis and Phil was the drummer.

Phil's back problems have impacted his drumming durability. But he can still sing and front a band..

I think Jason is a good choice. Surprising but good. He does have some poppier type projects in his background.

The drumming in Phil's music is varied and at times challenging.. Chester Thompson and Phil Collins are no slouches on the kit.

This is a much tougher gig than people might think. Personally, I like the idea.

Thought Phil Collins was done with the music business for awhile due to his back injury.

I read somewhere that he also has difficulties in holding drumsticks.

^^ agree the chase. I like the idea. Next to John Bonham one of the best drum solos I have heard was Phil Collins and Philip Bailey...plus I think Phil has a wonderful voice so to have Jason on drums this could be really good IMHO. :peace:

Hate to say it, but I despise everything about Phil Collins, and am disappointed that JB will be working with him.

+1

Phil Collins' best days - behind the drum kit, when Peter Gabriel fronted Genesis! Although I do like Duke and A Trick of The Tail.

Archived