Lets face it guys - Robert Plant is Gone, Gone, Gone.

jive

You know, I more than anyone would love to see a new Led Zeppelin go on reunion tour, and perhaps make a new album... - And I know that both would be off the charts. But I think we just need to face the music.

Robert Plant has moved on. Sure I'm not the biggest fan of his 80's and 90's solo work, but when I read things like this:

"The whole idea of being on a cavalcade of merciless repetition is not what it's all about"

, he also made it known that he could be in favour of more one-off shows in the near future:

"It wouldn't be such a bad idea to play together from time to time."

I groan and then think, well I guess he just has to do what makes him happy as a person. He always has been reluctant to re-unite with Led Zeppelin, -and perhaps he has good reason. There are many things that we just don't know. Experiences with Zep or some of the band members that were breaking points... decision makers that makes him hesitate. Perhaps he felt trapped, or just has the desire to explore other realms of music. Who knows.

People get older and move on. They want to do things that will foster their own personal growth and progression. And I suspect that Robert doesn't feel like that will happen with Zep.

The Raising Sands album is not at all a bad album, and it is good to see the sudden reinvigoration of Robert Plant. I think perhaps he was always there, but just not in connection with the larger masses (myself included), that have been drawn to this new album and the Reunion tour.

And I guess it only right that he stay true to himself and his own personal musical engagements then the desires of the masses. And only this seems to produce natural and inspired music. We wouldn't want a hesitant, resentful Plant on the stage....

So with that said, Good luck Robert Plant, Alison Krauss and Zep! I wait in anticipation for whatever is next.

There is another song I remember besides Gone, Gone, Gone, that is Dusty Road by John Lee Hooker; that's the one where I ain't goin down the big road by myself. So Robert Plant can do whatever he wants to do, because I'm fine anyway and if I can't take you baby I'm going to take somebody else.

My feelings about Robert have always been that he is someone that thrives on the idea of new musical directions. He commented about how he likes to be put in uncomfortable places that challenge him - like this project with Alison Krauss where he was singing harmony, something he was not experienced in on that level. I never got the impression he hated Zep or his time in the band - quite the opposite. I think he's incredibly proud of what they accomplished. He's always taken that spirit of Zep with him - the idea of approaching each album with complete newness and perhaps because of that, doing a Zep reunion tour would go against that.

That said, who knows if down the road there are some one off gigs. Anything is possible and I support whatever their decision is. I just think right now, he's right in the middle of a really successful project and it's a bit sad that so many fans seem so angry he's wanting to see that through right now.

My feelings about Robert have always been that he is someone that thrives on the idea of new musical directions. He commented about how he likes to be put in uncomfortable places that challenge him - like this project with Alison Krauss where he was singing harmony, something he was not experienced in on that level. I never got the impression he hated Zep or his time in the band - quite the opposite. I think he's incredibly proud of what they accomplished. He's always taken that spirit of Zep with him - the idea of approaching each album with complete newness and perhaps because of that, doing a Zep reunion tour would go against that.

That said, who knows if down the road there are some one off gigs. Anything is possible and I support whatever their decision is. I just think right now, he's right in the middle of a really successful project and it's a bit sad that so many fans seem so angry he's wanting to see that through right now.

Exactly... "ever onward." I can't see Led Zeppelin doing a large scale reunion without some new material behind it. Just because this O2 show went well, people are expecting them to get out on the road and drag that same setlist around the whole world. I can't see it happening. I'd be amazed if it did and they had no new material to show for it- it wouldn't be in the spirit of Led Zeppelin. This gig was obviously different because it was a tribute to their dear friend Ahmet Ertegun, a special occasion and meant to be a one off. It'd be great if they wrote and recorded new material and supported it with a tour, that would be my dream come true. Hell, even having said all that, I don't care what the hell they play, I just want to see them because it would mean so much to me on a personal level. But I think they just have different agendas now and I just can't picture it happening. Good things can't last forever...

I think that he has moved on as well....but then, we don't yet know his feelings about after the concert. THere is always a chance that being back there with them really excited him, and who knows, maybe he has changed his mind. And, yes, he likes challenges, and this may just be a new one for him nowadays.

I think that he has moved on as well....but then, we don't yet know his feelings about after the concert. THere is always a chance that being back there with them really excited him, and who knows, maybe he has changed his mind. And, yes, he likes challenges, and this may just be a new one for him nowadays.

Thanks! I guess you would know best.

I remember back in 2003,when DVD and HTWWW came out,Jimmy said that going on tour on the strength of material that was 30 years old without any new stuff was not on.In fact,I think he worded it more strongly than that.

I am thinking 2 or 3 more shows, a full blown world tour is quite unlikely, but very possible, a new album maybe not, but Page might just release a few things. Having a full scale world tour would be great for everyone, but it still will not meet the demand and it may taint/tarnish their reputation.

I am thinking 2 or 3 more shows, a full blown world tour is quite unlikely, but very possible, a new album maybe not, but Page might just release a few things. Having a full scale world tour would be great for everyone, but it still will not meet the demand and it may taint/tarnish their reputation.

It is possible, though I dont know how likely, that they are still jamming to see if they come up with new material and how strong it is. I doubt Robert would be against that.

I remember back in 2003,when DVD and HTWWW came out,Jimmy said that going on tour on the strength of material that was 30 years old without any new stuff was not on.In fact,I think he worded it more strongly than that.

This coming from a person who 3 years prior was touring with the Black Crowes on an all-classics setlist. I think when Jimmy makes anti-reunion statements he's just sticking to the party line rather than really being sincere.

I hope I didn't allude to Robert Plant hating his time with Zep, not saying this at all. Just saying that he obviously isn't enthusiastic about doing the Zep thing full time anymore. Something in him is just holding him back from this... don't want to be analyzing the aspirations or inspirations of Robert Plant - but this much is noticeable.

At any event, even more so now, with his new found success with Alison Krauss... I guess well see.

*fingers crossed but not counting on it*

Nice post songbird.

Just because this O2 show went well, people are expecting them to get out on the road and drag that same setlist around the whole world.

They wouldn't be Zeppelin if they did that. Why assume "the fans" all want a nostalgia trip, or to put Plant on an endless treadmill of soul deadening repetition? I know that's not I want, at all. Zeppelin's recordings have always been the launching point for live performances. Why would it be any different in 2008/2009? Why assume they can't make new music? They clearly haven't lost their talent. Robert is actually better now, IMO. How about if he encourages Jimmy to branch out, while he's at it?

Why this belief that fans want him to be musically oppressed in some way? I will be overjoyed to see him and Allison Kraus perform together next year, too!

I think Zeppelin will do a limited sort of touring, if only because it's hard to believe they'd put that much blood, sweat, tears, and money, into one show. If by chance they did put all that into one show, well, frankly Robert will never find a better, more professional, or more dedicated group of musicians!

Can't put it more succintly than Pete Paphides of The Times of London: "With a synergy like this going on, it would be an act of cosmic perversity to stop now." I know, wishful thinking, but I happen to agree.

I hope I didn't allude to Robert Plant hating his time with Zep, not saying this at all. Just saying that he obviously isn't enthusiastic about doing the Zep thing full time anymore. Something in him is just holding him back from this... don't want to be analyzing the aspirations or inspirations of Robert Plant - but this much is noticeable.

At any event, even more so now, with his new found success with Alison Krauss... I guess well see.

*fingers crossed but not counting on it*

I think you need a reeaally good nap. You've been thinking too much.

You'll end up More "Dazed and Confused."

This issue had been analyzed, over-analyzed - in ten different ways in ten different threads.

Heads just end up spinning. After a couple of naps - at the end of it all.

One just has to sigh - CEST LA VIE

Give your pet or someone very special a nice big Led Zeppelin BEAR HUG.

And when you're in better spirits - WELCOME TO LED ZEPPELIN HEAVEN

Archived